• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way we are giving up on Brown. We have our 3 wr's. We have our 2 pass catching backs assuming jd comes back and we have our TE's assuming RSJ comes back. The offensive skilled positions are fine. Its just the QB that needs to be fixed.
He didn't say give up, he said upgrade Brown.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Brown in the 4 slot. Keim has said as much on his podcast. Said Skins should look at wr in the 1st if QB is solved pre draft.

JP Finlay wants WR at 11. Not saying you are wrong and not saying Keim and JP are the end all be all. Just pointing out that my view isn't a hot take.

Thats fine but there is going to be huge money in the WR position if Tmac gets extended. The you add the #11 pick as a 3rd wr? I would go defense if the qb position is solved at 11.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My #11 is gonna be on a rookie contract for four years and I'm making him my #2 and putting Samuel in the slot.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont understand why we need a WR on this team after signing Samuel to a big deal. Assuming Tmac gets a long-term deal. They can use #11 on a LB like the kid from Utah. Or if Hamilton somehow slips you take him too sure up the secondary.
Look at the stats and that says it all easily

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR is def a need. You can contain Samuel and still triple Terry.
I don't see any WRs i must have at 11 though

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a WR1 to go along with Terry does so much for this offensive team assuming a QB is in place.

> It frees Terry up to go one-on-one or forces the double on him and frees up the new WR1

> TE play and production because more time and attention is focused on Terry and WR1

> Samuel when healthy becomes a beast that also now has to be accounted for

> The run-game becomes more explosive/productive

> Run blocking improves

> QB benefits from having more high-level weapons.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope to Wentz even if he was free to sign anywhere, offered to pay the team, and paid all of his ancillary costs including washing his own uniform.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moving on wentz would be a typical move for this franchise. Paying big money to a has been or a never was to fade into retirement. Perfect. Jesus, how many times will we continue to do the same stupid move that doesn’t work? Use that money to make the rest of your team strong so that when you do land a young QB, he doesn’t have to carry the team day 1. That is the roadmap. think Wilson, burrows, Murray, mahomes, and a slew of other young QBs that are exceeding in the NFL now. They are all surrounded with talent, they can grow I t being the big dog, not forced into it.
there is a difference.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moving on wentz would be a typical move for this franchise. Paying big money to a has been or a never was to fade into retirement. Perfect. Jesus, how many times will we continue to do the same stupid move that doesn’t work? Use that money to make the rest of your team strong so that when you do land a young QB, he doesn’t have to carry the team day 1. That is the roadmap. think Wilson, burrows, Murray, mahomes, and a slew of other young QBs that are exceeding in the NFL now. They are all surrounded with talent, they can grow I t being the big dog, not forced into it.
there is a difference.
Who's your favorite QB in this draft as of now of course?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's your favorite QB in this draft as of now of course?
I have no idea as I havent followed any of them. But the ”experts” seem to all agree that none of them are special. This problem is not gonna be solved this year. We may have to wait. which is exactly why you don’t use resources on the likes of a Wentz.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz would be a very bad move for the skins. Just say no.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is a difference.
Agreed!
There are reasons why those castoffs were made available. This team either trades for the 25 year old top 3 QB or get our own rookie to properly groom. Those are the choices and as you've noted, anything else is just more of the same failed pattern with this organization.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure but they are going to try and get something for him.....and the way the WFT season went.....offering a 3rd wouldn't be too bad but I think they are gonna do their best to get something and not just release him.
Well, there is a contract issue. He could get released.
Wentz's contract calls for his full 22M base salary to be guaranteed, and for him to receive a $6.29 million roster bonus, if he's still on the roster on March 18. Can they find a team willing to take him at those numbers? B/c If they can get anything for him, they won't release him. Considering this QB market and draft, a trade is much more likely, but there IS a chance he could get released b/c there might not be another team willing or having the cap space to shell out 30M right after landing him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz's contract calls for his full 22M base salary to be guaranteed, and for him to receive a $6.29 million roster bonus, if he's still on the roster on March 18. Can they find a team willing to take him at those numbers? B/c If they can get anything for him, they won't release him. Considering this QB market and draft, a trade is much more likely, but there IS a chance he could get released b/c there might not be another team willing or having the cap space to shell out 30M right after landing him.
Our cap won’t allow for it

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really believe, if pickett, coral, willis aren't rushed into play, they will be successful. None appear ready to go week 1. Remember when Mahommes was considered a reach in the 1st? Turned out pretty good