• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Went to Practice Today...

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't anyone else? I see no threads

Wentz looks great! I dont know if our D sucks that bad or Wentz is that much improved, but he looked outstanding today. Actually, i don't think it has much to do with our D because Wentz was absolutely putting the ball in places that nobody but the receivers could get to. Touch on the ball looks much improved. He threw a floater over 2 DBs that was just a beauty to watch dropped right over Torry Smith's (i think) shoulder and into his hands... gives me chills just replaying it in my head. But of course these throws were with the red jersey and little pressure, but I believe Wentz improved.

Seemed like everybody got the ball today: alshon, Mathews, Smith, Agholor, Treggs, Shelton Gibson and Mack Hollins. Ertz, Burton and Zuruba(?) all made nice catches as well. Ertz made everybody nervous getting up slowly from a nice catch. Looked like they were really working with Treggs. I don't think he makes the team but he looked really good today. Even agholor was out there looking competent, and got big cheers everytime he made a catch. He did drop one in the endzone in 1 on 1 coverage.

Didn't really see that much of the RBs but the little i saw Sproles and Blount lookd good. Wanted to see Pumphrey but i didn't get a good look as the RBs were at the far end from me.

For the same reason i didn't get a good look at the D, either. Jaylen Mills had a really nice INT.

Back up QBs looked like back ups, Foles wasn't in pads.

Not the most detailed update like folks used to give back in the day (i never understood how folks did that at Lehigh anyway when stuff was happening on multiple fields!), but its better than nothing!

And for the record, i still don't like the Linc practices as much but it is easier to see more stuff without having to stake out seats--especially when you have small kids like i do. I also don't like that they reduced the Linc practices from 3 to 2. I liked being able to go to the weekday practice, parking near the gate and walking right in for a close seat. Now that it's just 2 and they're both on the weekend, its more people, slightly tougher parking and more difficult getting 4 good seats together. Maybe i shouldn't complain because it's free, but its my $0.02.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, love the first-hand account. We used to get these on forums. But Wings has gone limp-dick and not sure what has happened since.

All the reporters are raving about the advances Wentz has made, while ripping the corners for being trash. I guess we will find out in due time, but I think both are true: Wentz is taking the next step (which is all that matters btw) but the corner position is a mess. Some of the throws he made were covered--he just threaded the needle.

I think they should start Jalen Mills and Rasul Douglas. It may be bumpy--we may lose games because of it--but we need to get these young guys experience and the "vets" on this roster lick balls too so we might as well go young.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mills was the only DB i saw make a play today

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good report, L.
Being old, I like the seating better than Lehigh. I wouldn't be able to make it up there any more. Can't wait for Thursday night.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the report. I don't hear much out here in CA. :D

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing wit wentz, in my view, is that he has the mechanics and an incredible work ethic. He "CAN" be truly a GREAT Qb in the NFL. He was a different QB after week 5 last year, and the big reason, in my view, is the PRESSURE! We "MUST" protect him so that he can truly develop the skillset he has. otherwise, he is going to be running for his life, throwing off his back feet and developing compensation skills that will not be good for him. Protecting Wentz needs to be the #1 goal in my view, for him to become great. And that is both investments into the OL, and also the WR/RB so he has true options. Because success will breed success. None of the andy reid bargain basement bargain starting receivers.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on dude, you mean you "Wentz to practice today!":D

Thanks for the update. Love first hand accounts from non-reporters.

I really trust the coaches that they put around Wentz to develop him. His mechanics were tight coming out of camp last year. Hope that lasts a bit longer this year. He was never as smooth and rhythmic as he was week 2 against the Bears on that first drive.