• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 9: Seahawks @ Ravens. 10/1 CBS/CTV

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what screamin means is Geno struggles when there's an audible or he has to go through elaborate progressions or route design. He does great when it's just, "Hey Geno, throw the ball to this guy. This route is designed to get him open." Geno: "Okay got it." Throw, complete, quick, done... that last drive with the TD was very up tempo and just SIMPLE. It's puts a bigger burden on the offensive coordinator to draft those plays up but there's no reason Seattle can't with their weapons.

Except that is mostly invention. Did you watch the video I posted that went over Geno's play on Sunday? He went into a lot of detail about his play. Here is the video again..

We have no idea what progressions Smith goes through.

That's kind of the point with Geno... keep it SIMPLE and direct to the point. I think the issue (at least from what I've seen) is Waldron wants to get a bit more complex on the offense (which he can given all the weapons) but Geno just can't quite keep up with it. Some QBs can and it can WRECK defenses, but Geno just isn't quite there at the moment (and he may never be. Some QBs process defenses and their options at incredible speeds. Some don't).

I don't think it is about complex. It's about time. If Geno gets 3 seconds, he does well. If he doesn't, he struggles. Like most QBs in the league. Only the elite QBs can succeed when dealing with a lot of pressure.

Go watch the video above. Geno had a lot of really nice plays. The first int was a bad decision. The 2nd was more of an exceptional play by a 300 lb DT. The near pick 6 was on JSN. The underthrow in the end zone at the end was a bad throw.

End of day, against Baltimore Seattle's offensive gameplan needs to be simple. Don't get cute, run the ball with simple handoffs (not a bunch of delays or elaborate sweep patterns), and for the passing use quick slant routes and TE chip routes to get the ball in people's hands quick and efficiently. The ridiculous playaction and long extended throws to DK/Lockett is not going to work against Baltimore.

Geno is the best play action passer in the league this year. You have to use play action. They need to get Charb more involved in the game early on.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno is the best play action passer in the league this year. You have to use play action. They need to get Charb more involved in the game early on.

Geno Has the 3rd highest Play action Pass attempts, 4th highest PA passing yards. I wouldn't say he is the best. They DO need to use the running game more to really open up the PA passing game with the success they are having running the ball. THEY NEED TO RUN MORE!

We cant have Geno force feeding Metcalf 14 times a game for 4-6 receptions. The Hawks need to run Walker more often and stop having Charbonnet running outside he is a pounder with enough wiggle in the hole to make magic. He is 6 foot 1 215 pounds that hits like a truck and runs HARD, let him smack people in the face.

Seattle threw the ball on OVER 69% of their plays against the Browns when they were averaging 6.7 yards per rush ???? This can't happen, this shouldn't happen. Geno is NOT that kind of QB.

With the hawks defense playing like it is, we need to run the ball a lot more.

Also i would like to see the TE getting more involved in the passing game.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno Has the 3rd highest Play action Pass attempts, 4th highest PA passing yards. I wouldn't say he is the best. They DO need to use the running game more to really open up the PA passing game with the success they are having running the ball. THEY NEED TO RUN MORE!

We cant have Geno force feeding Metcalf 14 times a game for 4-6 receptions. The Hawks need to run Walker more often and stop having Charbonnet running outside he is a pounder with enough wiggle in the hole to make magic. He is 6 foot 1 215 pounds that hits like a truck and runs HARD, let him smack people in the face.

Seattle threw the ball on OVER 69% of their plays against the Browns when they were averaging 6.7 yards per rush ???? This can't happen, this shouldn't happen. Geno is NOT that kind of QB.

With the hawks defense playing like it is, we need to run the ball a lot more.

Also i would like to see the TE getting more involved in the passing game.

The running stats are a little misleading as they over half their rushing yards on 2 runs.

A big problem we have had is getting behind schedule with 1st down plays. Consider the following

1st drive

1st set - 6 yard pass. Ahead of schedule but then no gain on 2nd and 4. Pass for a 1st
2nd set - 46 yard run on 1st down.
3rd set - 2 yard run. Behind schedule. 2 passes for a 1st.

2nd drive

1st set - 1st down pass for a 1st down
2nd set - 1st down pass for a loss of 2. Off schedule. 2 passes for a 1st

3rd drive

1st set - 15 yard pass
2nd set - 7 yard run Charb. 45 yard pass to DK(BTW, watch the replay of that play look at Charb's chip block of Garret. He knocked him back a yard and made that play possible)
3rd set - inc pass behind schedule. run for a loss. Field Goal

4th drive

run for 4 yards. run for zero yards. 3rd and 6. Punt

5th drive - 2 minute offense so running was going to be limited.

6th drive

run for 3 yards. On schedule but 2 passes that didn't reach the marker.

7th drive

1st set - pass for 3 yards. On schedule. Run for 20 yards
2nd set - 2 runs for 27 yards
3rd set - pass for 5 yards. on schedule but a false start on 2nd put us off schedule. 2nd and 11 and obvious passing situation.

Walker had one big run but averaged 3 ypc on his other runs. Charbs was generally better but I think they are still integrating him and being a little careful because he's been banged up.

There were a couple of drives that they could have chosen to run a bit more but the truth is that the situation often pushed the team into passing situations.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel it will definitely be a one possession game going either way... I think I'd take the Hawks -6 as well...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JMR

Army looking like they're going to pull off the big upset today... 4th quarter up 23-3...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something our defense needs to get better at this game is defending the screens... Zay Flowers has made a career of that so far this season (17)... The Ravens like to run this on a run/pass option play...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno needs to avoid the big mistakes, just play smart … We need to get the running game going more than we did last week… Defensively a couple turnovers would be nice, containing the run is important, and don’t let Lamar run all over us ….

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I enjoyed this breakdown. Pretty interestingto watch.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks are 6 points underdogs on the road against the Ravens. Game is on CBS and here is CBS take on the game:

Was surprised to see this:

View attachment 345230
Kind of surprised but then again not really. These media idiots jump on bandwagons all the time. I will say the spread is a little bit high, imo. I can see this been a 3 pt game either way. Hope our boys can get a solid road win here. But Lamar has only lost to an NFC team once or twice in his entire career. And he beat us pretty badly back in his MVP year the only time he faced us. If our boys can win this one, I'll be very happy but not going to read too much into things if we lose because I penciled this game as a loss at the beginning of the season. I think the Ravens are a bad match-up.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of surprised but then again not really. These media idiots jump on bandwagons all the time. I will say the spread is a little bit high, imo. I can see this been a 3 pt game either way. Hope our boys can get a solid road win here. But Lamar has only lost to an NFC team once or twice in his entire career. And he beat us pretty badly back in his MVP year the only time he faced us. If our boys can win this one, I'll be very happy but not going to read too much into things if we lose because I penciled this game as a loss at the beginning of the season. I think the Ravens are a bad match-up.
are they picking against the spread here? surprised 5/8 picked the hawks.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to depend a lot today on how well Geno does against man coverage. Historically he's not too great with it... and I believe it's all the Ravens run. I think this is also on Waldron as well to scheme up some quick routes or delayed routes (blocking initially) to throw Baltimore off balance.

I do NOT think out routes (which DK loves) are going to work at all in this game. Push receivers inside or over the middle. I think out routes are just gonna result in interceptions.

Last edited:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Geno throws a good ball and leads the Hawks on a solid drive, i'm going to say, "good job Geno"... And it will be ok...

If he throws a bad ball and makes bad decisions, I will see, WTF... And it will be ok...

Stay True To Yourself Grammy Awards GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to depend a lot today on how well Geno does against man coverage. Historically he's not too great with it... and I believe it's all the Ravens run. I think this is also on Waldron as well to scheme up some quick routes or delayed routes (blocking initially) to throw Baltimore off balance.

I do NOT think out routes (which DK loves) are going to work at all in this game. Push receivers inside or over the middle. I think out routes are just gonna result in interceptions.

I could be wrong but I thought the Ravens played more of a zone defense... If so, Geno has been good against zone defenses... But yeah, he has struggled against Man to Man defenses...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong but I thought the Ravens played more of a zone defense... If so, Geno has been good against zone defenses... But yeah, he has struggled against Man to Man defenses...
This is what I was reading on NFL Nation... I should've stated, "When using run zone coverage this season"...

Stat to know: Baltimore's defense has allowed the lowest QBR and fewest yards per attempt when using zone coverage this season, while allowing zero touchdowns to five interceptions. For Seattle, Smith ranks top 10 in the NFL in QBR and yards per attempt when using zone coverage.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Anointed One oh you're right... hmm... well what the fuck was I reading? *shrugs*

Well sorry for spewing misinformation.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Anointed One oh you're right... hmm... well what the fuck was I reading? *shrugs*

Well sorry for spewing misinformation.
I don't know if I'm right at all... LOL... for all we know, I could be the one spewing misinformation... ;)

What I do know, is rolling the clock back 1 hour makes for a great football Sunday... Got the brisket on the Traeger at 5am this morning... Got a work out in... Ate my protien waffles and sausage and now i'm ready for the Hawks game to start w/ my cup o joe... :D