• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 7 vs Texans

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every loss in this young season has been a bad loss...2 blowouts and a gift.

Is this what the 2014 version off the Steelers truly is...another .500 squad? It looks to be.

Tomlin has run out of rah rah speeches already...time for action if he expects this team to respond now. Face pointed out in another thread that we're going to see some new faces on the field this week and imo, it's not soon enough.

Whose hurting? We know the McLendon is out...Shazier is getting work with the 1st team in practice but with a brace...injury report due out after practice today so we'll know more on him then...most others are minor from what I'm hearing.

New faces...With McLendon out...we can look for Cam Thomas to move to NT, and McCullers to dress and most likely get some snaps. Tuitt may not start @ LDE, but look for him to play a lot more this week if he doesn't start...Martavis Bryant will likely be active this week and is expected to play...I want to see more than just the RZ though so it's not telegraphed Haley...don't be surprised to see McCain starting in front Allen...imo that would be a mistake, but hopefully it wakes the kid up to play more aggressive and not worry about the help behind him...just giving up too much real estate in front of him and teams are noticing it on film. If Shazier is not a go...Lebeau has to be thinking about V. Williams on running downs.

I guess they're okay with Troy's mistakes...no word about Shark getting more time.

On the game...If I were the Texans, Foster would carry it 35+ times and give Fitz a few playaction passes off that...that's what I'm expecting...so, in short the run defense must improve and put Fitz in 3rd and long and go after his butt.

OFC...RZ...enough said.

Result? Primetime game, opportunity to show the league and North foes in particular the Steelers are not to be counted out...I'm going homer on this one 27-20 Steelers.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be an interesting test to the Steelers up and down so far. Is the defense just absolutely unable to match a team with a good running game, or are they just so inconsistent they can't hold it together, I'm guessing the former. Defensive line struggles, two good recievers, and a vet QB, the Texans put up 30+.

I think the Steelers offense bounces back though, in what will epitome the up and down season, and put up high 20's on offense with Bell LeVeon Bell scoring two TDs.

Texas 31 Steelers 28.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be an interesting test to the Steelers up and down so far. Is the defense just absolutely unable to match a team with a good running game, or are they just so inconsistent they can't hold it together, I'm guessing the former. Defensive line struggles, two good recievers, and a vet QB, the Texans put up 30+.

I think the Steelers offense bounces back though, in what will epitome the up and down season, and put up high 20's on offense with Bell LeVeon Bell scoring two TDs.

Texas 31 Steelers 28.

If Lebeau plays patti cakes with the front 7 and try to cover behind it...Fitz will gain confidence as the night goes on and they will beat the Steelers...if he gets after him, hit him and make him move around a lot...the back 4 has a chance to make some plays on ball.

Starts here though...Front side pursuit wasn't terrible last week, but cutback lanes were there all day...Will they be able stop Foster from cutting back and getting 4 yds a pop...if so I like the Black & Gold...if not, we'll really be talking about the next coaching candidates next week...lol.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really worried about Cam Thomas at nose with the cutback lanes. I know Tuitt and Heyward are athletic enough to recover, and at least make some plays even if they are getting beat sometimes as well. I can't see Cam making any plays, and I can see him getting beat with regularity.

I wouldn't be shocked if Foster went for 175, this seems like it could be a Fred Taylor on Monday type of night for him.

As for pressuring Fitz, that would require someone to make a play and beat their man, I'm not confident in Lebeau's scheme being able to provide pressure because it hasn't been able to for years.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really worried about Cam Thomas at nose with the cutback lanes. I know Tuitt and Heyward are athletic enough to recover, and at least make some plays even if they are getting beat sometimes as well. I can't see Cam making any plays, and I can see him getting beat with regularity.

I wouldn't be shocked if Foster went for 175, this seems like it could be a Fred Taylor on Monday type of night for him.

As for pressuring Fitz, that would require someone to make a play and beat their man, I'm not confident in Lebeau's scheme being able to provide pressure because it hasn't been able to for years.

Cam Thomas, I agree...at this point Tomlin has no choice...if he's considering pulling Cortez Allen, C. Thomas has to be on a short leash in favor of McCullers...this may sound drastic, but I think drastic measures are needed...if Cam gets pushed around Monday night...I would release him Tuesday morning...make McCullers the starter, and go sign Fang off WAS's PS and make him the back up.

Lebeau...I suppose it's hard to pin your ears back as a DE or OLB when guys are running up the gut on you...but he needs more kitchen sink type stuff early...Fitz has been sacked 10 times and he's doesn't really hold it like Ben (17) so he ain't getting away from too many people.

I know 7 games doesn't make a season, but if PIT loses this one...I think they can write off January football. This is a must win largely because it's a home game.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong words on Cam Thomas.

It would be nice to see the linemen get their hands up and knock down some passes, everyone on the dline is 6'4" and taller no excuses not being able to bat down passes.

If they are going to get scheme pressure its gonna be Shazier (if he plays) or Timmons, or if they decide to bring a few dbs.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed Element...not that I think Cam Thomas is THE problem, but I really think the team needs a jolt...when you have Cowher & Ward come publicly and say the team is soft...the lockerroom has probably gotten a little lax...guys getting a little too used to losing.

Thomas was brought in to be a stabilizing force until Tuitt was up to speed...he's been anything but that. If he can't turn in something positive...may as well use him as a scapegoat to make a jolt.

Cali Steel

Poster Extraordinaire !!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.18
Fav. Team #1
Tomlin says he will leave no stone unturned in looking for a solution.........
We will see how much stone turning he does?

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed Element...not that I think Cam Thomas is THE problem, but I really think the team needs a jolt...when you have Cowher & Ward come publicly and say the team is soft...the lockerroom has probably gotten a little lax...guys getting a little too used to losing.

Thomas was brought in to be a stabilizing force until Tuitt was up to speed...he's been anything but that. If he can't turn in something positive...may as well use him as a scapegoat to make a jolt.

True about the locker room, heard that was part of the reasoning for the McCain taking snaps on the first team this week, and not Cortez. They say McCain is one of the most prepared/professional guys on the team, and has produced when he has played.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin says he will leave no stone unturned in looking for a solution.........
We will see how much stone turning he does?

If I had a dollar for every time I heard Tomlin say that...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True about the locker room, heard that was part of the reasoning for the McCain taking snaps on the first team this week, and not Cortez. They say McCain is one of the most prepared/professional guys on the team, and has produced when he has played.

McCain has added motivation this week, being that its against his former team. Should make for an interesting side story during the game.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:deadhorse:

Offense will continue to struggle in the RZ, but they will move the ball better this week. I'm assuming that it's still not going to be pretty. Maybe that's just my inner "Fire Haley" voice talking….

I have a feeling that this one is going to come down to turnovers.

Steelers 20 - Texans 17

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuitt has been named the starter at LDE… And McCain has been named the starter over Cortez.

Shazier is a game time decision, and Shamarko has been ruled out.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Thomas, I agree...at this point Tomlin has no choice...if he's considering pulling Cortez Allen, C. Thomas has to be on a short leash in favor of McCullers...this may sound drastic, but I think drastic measures are needed...if Cam gets pushed around Monday night...I would release him Tuesday morning...make McCullers the starter, and go sign Fang off WAS's PS and make him the back up.

Lebeau...I suppose it's hard to pin your ears back as a DE or OLB when guys are running up the gut on you...but he needs more kitchen sink type stuff early...Fitz has been sacked 10 times and he's doesn't really hold it like Ben (17) so he ain't getting away from too many people.

I know 7 games doesn't make a season, but if PIT loses this one...I think they can write off January football. This is a must win largely because it's a home game.

It's also against another AFC team in the WC hunt. A win puts the Steelers a leg up in the WC race (I know it's still early) at this point in the season (TY Indy for the beatdown of Cinci) and deals a blow to Houston's playoff hopes. A loss by the Steelers does the opposite.

Here We Go Steelers. Here We GOOOOOO!!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuitt has been named the starter at LDE… And McCain has been named the starter over Cortez.

Shazier is a game time decision, and Shamarko has been ruled out.

Yeah...I heard...I think the Allen thing is just a wake up call, because I'm sure he'll be the nickel with plenty of time on the field...hopefully it ignites him...I hope Tuitt keeps the job the remainder of the year, and with Shark...hammies can be tricky...better safe than sorry, but I would be curious to know what would've happened if he were 100%.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also against another AFC team in the WC hunt. A win puts the Steelers a leg up in the WC race (I know it's still early) at this point in the season (TY Indy for the beatdown of Cinci) and deals a blow to Houston's playoff hopes. A loss by the Steelers does the opposite.

Here We Go Steelers. Here We GOOOOOO!!!!

It's still real early, but with CIN, CLE, and SD all losing (hopefully SD loses to DEN as well) it helps if PIT can take care of business tonight.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still real early, but with CIN, CLE, and SD all losing (hopefully SD loses to DEN as well) it helps if PIT can take care of business tonight.

Yuup! Plus not to look ahead but 9since it's Monday) next weeks matchup against Indy and Luck could be brutal for the D.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yuup! Plus not to look ahead but 9since it's Monday) next weeks matchup against Indy and Luck could be brutal for the D.

Yea not looking forward to that one...

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swiss cheese defense.