• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: WEEK 4

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly didn't think Seattle and Denver would have the same record thru 4 weeks

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of Seahawks fans were saying it on this board...

Great arm, can win come from behind games.

That said, mobility was fading, limited vision over the middle of the field, breaks the pocket, does not help O-Lineman (actually throws them under the bus, watch the Pat Mcafee show on that lol) by failing to step up in the pocket, holding the ball too long, and dropping WAAAAAAY back.

There was a glaring number of concerns with Wilson, who IMO is still a HOFer but I still graded the trade favorable for Seattle. Yes I'm a Seattle fan, so people will argue "Well you're just a Seattle fan!" but I graded it (I think B Seattle, D Denver?) objectively, watching the guy basically every game since he started his career. I think Wilson is spent. He's done... it was a QB that relied heavily on legs/defense/ground game, and I think it 100% shows with what's on the field.
Ive been crucified many times for saying russ is overrated.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly didn't think Seattle and Denver would have the same record thru 4 weeks
Same record.. maybe. But I definitely thought the Denver hype was way over the top.. Wilson is a great dual thread QB, once he is one dimensional, he is Jimmy G.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you see Cousins trying to pull that shit off?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same record.. maybe. But I definitely thought the Denver hype was way over the top.. Wilson is a great dual thread QB, once he is one dimensional, he is Jimmy G.
His skills have been slowly declining the last couple of years. He's still a good QB but he's not the RW of 4 or 5 yrs ago.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been crucified many times for saying russ is overrated.

I mean Steelers I've probably crucified you as well... not gonna lie or pretend I'm a saint here. I don't think he's overrated, I think he's kind of rated right where he is... hence no MVP and kind of everyone being, "EHHHHHHH" on the guy. You can find some recent top 5 QB polls and Wilson is BORDERLINE at best.

That said, it's no surprise that his legs and agility have faded and he is just not quite what he was 5+ years ago. What baffles me is how social media dorks of the world (ESPN/NFL.com included) fail to see that. It's a QB that holds onto the ball way too long, takes forever to throw, BUT had legs to extend plays and make huge impacts because of that. Well the legs are gone, lol, so now what? And from what we've seen not even with Denver, but with Seattle... it's not materializing as of late. Denver is the loser of the trade and I said that from day 1 when it was announced.

I mean again I have no vested interest in how well Wilson does. "OMG BUT SHARK YOU KEEP POSTING ABOUT IT!" #1 - well yah, it's an interesting story, #2 - yah, uh, Seattle's draft picks? and #3 - Fuck you.............but I really think Wilson is kind of done. HOFer IMO for sure... re-invented the game to a degree IMO, won a Super Bowl. Sad he never got MVP but that is what it is.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver has alot of talent. And quite honestly an embarassment of talent on the offensive side of the ball.
Kept hearing their defense is really good.

Their defense didn't impress me at all today.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was impressed with most of the rookie QBs in preseason, Zappe included. I didn't see the Patriots @ Packers game.
It was probably the best game played by the Pats so far, but the penalties and mistakes cost not taking a bigger lead early. Good effort by Pats but there is some basic situational game planning missing. They needed 10-15 yards in OT to seal the game but could not do it. Clearly, there was no plan for that situation.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monday Motivation:

If people in Houston can still believe in the Texans enough to pay money to see them play, then you, too, can believe in yourself.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder how @PnkPanther feels today? After the Purdue game.
charlie brown lucy GIF by Maudit

• Haha
Reactions: DJ