• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 4: Philadelphia Eagles (2-1) at Carson City Chargers (0-3)

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, year before, we lose this game.

I think there's some growth

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing can be said at this point...this offense is proving they can close. Right drive, right playcalls, right execution. Perhaps the best thing to be said for this defense is that they give lots of opportunity for the offense to prove they can do these tough things. Confidence building.

The offense reminds me some of the early 2000s mcnabb offenses. No, not the personnel exactly. It's an offense that comes out and does a few things early, goes into a funk midgame and closes strong. If we had JJs defenses from back then we could easily be talking deep playoff run.

Anyway...these are heart stopping games...but the offense is getting able to build such confidence.

Keep building the D and we will have something quite soon!

I would say that with Darby back we would be quite good... Also, the Chargers' WR's are among the better ones in the league... We need Cox badly...

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't as balant as u make it out to be. It was a uncatchable ball, period.

:rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2:

mills extends his arm into his chest and shoves him, completely halting his forward progress and taking him out of the play.

no big thing. :rolleyes2:

Dusty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great running game by the Eagles to eat up the clock.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say enough about Blount. He was electrifying today!

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a team that may add two stud CBs by the end of the season.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impressive job of running out the clock. I like what I am seeing from the offense. The defense is clearly struggling in the secondary due to injuries and lack of talent, but hopefully when Darby gets back it improves some.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We rushed for over 200 yards (in an away game) and did it while averaging over 5 yards per carry ... and while I wish we would have punched in more TD's today, our main man Kicker Jake Elliot is turning into a stud before our eyes! 3-1 and a KC victory away from being all alone in 1st Place in the East.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...this defense is hobbled and might be better this year. But they look like horseshit in the second half again.

When we get Darby and Sidney Jones back, we will see a huge difference, I think. A pleasant surprise is Patrick Robinson has played well in the slot. Then, I think we'll be real solid.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We rushed for over 200 yards (in an away game) and did it while averaging over 5 yards per carry ... and while I wish we would have punched in more TD's today, our main man Kicker Jake Elliot is turning into a stud before our eyes! 3-1 and a KC victory away from being all alone in 1st Place in the East.
I can guarantee you that Cinci is kicking themselves right now.. Sturgis is history.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big road dub.

Winning on the left coast isn't easy. They've already won as many one-score games as they did all last season.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is not a contender but they are a team on the rise. Need a Guard and a play making RB on O and we are all going to pray that Sidney Jones is a stud. If that kid is a star this team will be very good. But for now... we have to accept that our corners are so bad we gift teams free 8 yard passes all game long.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having Darby get hurt really hurt this 2ndary ... Mills imo is not starter material and while Rasual Douglas has flashed potential, he is still a rookie and will make rookie mistakes. We have to weather the storm at DB for now by controlling clock on Offense and trying our best to get to the QB quickly.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is not a contender but they are a team on the rise. Need a Guard and a play making RB on O and we are all going to pray that Sidney Jones is a stud. If that kid is a star this team will be very good. But for now... we have to accept that our corners are so bad we gift teams free 8 yard passes all game long.

What does it take for them to be a contender? The offense has been pretty good. If the defense gets healthy, they should also be pretty good. I'm not sure we need the electrifying RB you're speaking of. The offensive line has played better now that the running game is going.

Do I think they'll win the super bowl? No. But I think the Eagles are a good team and could beat almost any team in the league right now. They're winning tough games. They're hanging in there on the road against good teams. I think that makes them a contender.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers have lost 3 games by a "combined" total of 7 points. The only game they have lost by more than 3 points was to KC who seems to be one of the best if not the best team this year; that's a tuff luck 0-4 team.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having Darby get hurt really hurt this 2ndary ... Mills imo is not starter material and while Rasual Douglas has flashed potential, he is still a rookie and will make rookie mistakes. We have to weather the storm at DB for now by controlling clock on Offense and trying our best to get to the QB quickly.

I think Mills can be a decent/good starter. However, currently we lack a fast CB (which was Darby) who could be manned up against the faster WR's, like an Allan.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Mills as a solid option at #3 or #4 which is what he will likely be once Darby and Sidney Jones eventually take over.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:2cents:

Secondary play was not great; too many X-plays given up, Douglas got exploited on a couple of plays that led to points for LA.

The 68 yard Blount run was Beast-Mode-esque!!! LA had absolutely no answer for him, I wish Doug had given it to him 7-10 times more than what he did.

The run game was fantastic overall, outside of a small lull to open the 2nd half where Doug got away from the run a bit, offensive game plan was very good and they fought off a feisty team that is much better than what their record indicates. Nice road win with a struggling Arizona team up next that can't score to save their lives.