• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 4: Jacksonville Jaguars at Denver Broncos

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pretty sure we scored too quickly and sadly I was right.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Flacco threw the puck toward the end of the 1st half I though “uh oh, this will change the whole game.”

I was right. Completely different game after that. They don’t call me iknowftbll” for no reason.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pretty sure we scored too quickly and sadly I was right.
Which again, like against Chicago is pathetic. Both times, we are at Mile High, we're playing against unproven QBs, and we're supposed to be an elite defense.

It's shameful.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Flacco threw the puck toward the end of the 1st half I though “uh oh, this will change the whole game.”

I was right. Completely different game after that. They don’t call me iknowftbll” for no reason.
The Defense lost the game again. Once again, the Flacco led offense gave Denver a lead with less than 2 minutes in the game.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Defense lost the game again. Once again, the Flacco led offense gave Denver a lead with less than 2 minutes in the game.

Yes but the int could have made it a 4 point lead. It was a huge blunder

Denver could have been driving for a go ahead FG last and used the clock differently.

So many different outcomes up 20-3 or even 20-6

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but the int could have made it a 4 point lead. It was a huge blunder

Denver could have been driving for a go ahead FG last and used the clock differently.

So many different outcomes up 20-3 or even 20-6
Yes sure, but we're still up 11 at the half.

When Jax came out and scored a TD during an almost 11 minute drive to start the 3rd quarter, it's on the D-not the offense. Vonn and his boys need to shut that down. Minshew is a freaking rookie for God's sake.

Something is very wrong here.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes sure, but we're still up 11 at the half.

When Jax came out and scored a TD during an almost 11 minute drive to start the 3rd quarter, it's on the D-not the offense. Vonn and his boys need to shut that down. Minshew is a freaking rookie for God's sake.

Something is very wrong here.

It’s a lot of new and let’s not forget even as most of us felt this defense would be good, we had questions about the run D. Turns out the defense hasn’t been as good as we expected and we were right to be worried about the run D.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a lot of new and let’s not forget even as most of us felt this defense would be good, we had questions about the run D. Turns out the defense hasn’t been as good as we expected and we were right to be worried about the run D.

I get it, but it sure would be nice to see a leader step up and take charge of the defense. As good as Miller has been for us over the years, he's a far cry from a Leader. I'm not expecting Ray Lewis, but damn, this is Vonn's defense.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, but it sure would be nice to see a leader step up and take charge of the defense. As good as Miller has been for us over the years, he's a far cry from a Leader. I'm not expecting Ray Lewis, but damn, this is Vonn's defense.

Yeah I can see that as a valid complaint. I do not subscribe to the “burn it to the ground” narrative though. I think this defense is a few pieces away from being good. I think we have some bright spots emerging on offense as well. That’s a big part of why I keep saying when Lock is healthy he needs to be starting. Flacco is not the reason we’re 0-4 anymore than anyone else on the team, it’s not about him. It’s about chalking this year up as transitional and investing in the future. Start getting Lock used to NFL games now that way next year maybe there’s a chance we have a team that can compete again.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hardest part about this game is that the Offensive line looked great and it doesn’t matter.

For Jacksonville to get what 9 sacks last week on Mariota to 0 this week speaks volumes about us, but at the end of the day we still lost and so it’s a wash.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start getting Lock used to NFL games now that way next year maybe there’s a chance we have a team that can compete again.

Last time I checked this team is competitive but just hasn’t won a game yet. We have lost 4 games by a combined 23 points.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time I checked this team is competitive but just hasn’t won a game yet. We have lost 4 games by a combined 23 points.

That’s already more than the -20 point differential the Broncos finished with last year. I get it: they’re close but they don’t have the makeup to close yet, or they’d at least be 2-2 right now. Can Flacco get them to a 6-6 record down the stretch? It’s not unreasonable to believe her can. But that’s still just 6-10. I’ll take 4-12 with our rookie getting some development time over 6-10 with a stop gap taking all the snaps.

Unless this team suddenly just starts winning, that is. But for now it’s looking more and more like a transitional year. It’s not a bad team but there’s just too much to work out still.

Last edited:

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad part is even if we get good late we have a lot of them leaving at the end of the year.