• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 4 Game Analysis: ULM

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB- Coker was great today. One INT, but 3 TDs. Looked a lot better in accuracy deep and decision making overall. He did get sacked a couple of times, but each time was under 3 seconds. I liked what I saw from him today.

RB- Henry wasn't expected to go crazy, but ULM kept him in check. Drake really didn't do too much either. Harris had some good runs, and actually got a good many carries in the second half mainly because we are keeping Henry fresh for Georgia. I did like to see that when we did make it an obligation to run the football, we ran it hard and ran it well. I wish we had stuck to the run more than we did, because it was working.

TE/FB- Nyaswander and OJ did a great job blocking and catching today. And another thing I noticed is how confused ULM was when we got in the I Formation. It was a thing of beauty. I wish Lane would run it more, because we have the elements that we need to run it to perfection. I enjoyed seeing these two dominate at the line today.

WR- We need work here. Way too many dropped passes. Inexcusable drops at that. Had a wide ass open dropped TD right in the numbers. Gotta work on that in practice more. It hurts not having Robert Foster, but just because he's gone doesn't mean we should be slacking and digressing in this group. Someone has to step up their game.

OL- We finally started pushing the line back like the 2012 line did. But that was only when Lane committed to running the football. Still need to work on pass blocking. Other than that, we're showing promising signs of improvement.

------

DL- We controlled the tempo of the game here. There was nothing all game. As expected.

LB- I'm starting to notice that we are tending to get beat a lot on out routes to slot receivers when we play man in the nickel. It's not something that would lose us a game, but we are getting outmatched there. They are playing the gaps like pros though, so no problems here.

Secondary- they played just fine. No deep balls, no TDs, no terribly burnt inside routes. It's kinda cool having a good secondary. Also got 2 INTs. We're good here.

------

Special Teams- Adam Griffith had the best game of his life today I believe. 100% on TBs, PATs, and FGs. And the FGs were good distance too. I was so happy for him. JK had 2 pretty good punts, one bad one, but other than that I think we did fine. Cyrus Jones had a good punt return. We looked a lot better on Special Teams this week.

------

Intangibles- The defense got the shutout, we ran the ball when we needed too, Coker showed that he was indeed the starter, and Griffith is gaining confidence. I think losing to Ole Miss gave us the jolt we needed mentally to refocus on playing disciplined and efficiently.

-------

QB- A
RB- A-
TE/FB- A+
WR- B-
OL- A-

DL- A+
LB- A-
Secondary- A

Special Teams- AA

Overall assessment: I think if we can clean up the butterfingers issue at WR, we are in good shape to go on our first true road test of the season. And I believe Kiffin had some pressure to run the ball. And run I Formation more. Honestly, I like it better when he's on the hot seat. If that's how we get him to listen, then piss, keep adding fuel.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our right side of the O-Line sucks

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st half Coker wasn't very hot.

2nd half Coker was much better.

Really needs to learn how to throw the ball away. If he could throw the ball away instead of making bad throws like that duck INT, then we'd be sitting much better. Same thing in the last game with his interceptions.

It's pretty hard to evaluate too much in games like this because Saban uses them for improving. It's more about what you didn't do than what you did do. Griffith is the exception, so glad he nailed those 2 FGs. WR however didn't catch the passes they should have, and the O-Line didn't block like they should have on pass plays.

We got burned once bad on defense, but got lucky it was incomplete. I think that was Marlon. He's doing great for a 1st year starter, but still some room for improvement.

Pretty worried about next week. We seem to match up well as far as strengths, but we have to score points. 1st half offense = nope, 2nd half offense with real game planning = maybe we come out with a win.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only critisism I have of Coker is sometimes he throws the ball too late and sometimes he will forcethe deep ball on the play instead of looking underneath if the deep ball aint there.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Coker was really on, we dropped balls. When Coker was slightly off, we caught everything. Gotta improve like you said at WR, way too many drops the last 2-3 weeks. Get a jugs machine and line the kids 10 yards away and have them catch everything.

Dominic Jackson does not need to be playing D1 football. If we could give Coker more than 3 seconds he would probably greatly improve.

Defense was spectacular, gotta remember who we were playing though. We should dominate them.

Very happy for Griffith today, maybe he can continue this the rest of the year...we're gonna need him.

Side note: I'm pretty sure the officials we're trolling us all game long with calls. Especially the lineman downfield call...