• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 3

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game was fucking hard to watch. At least from an offensive standpoint. I have been pleasantly surprised with the play of the defense so far this year. But good god Clausen is horrible. He runs the ball 5 yards, slides, gets hit incidentally and proceeds to get up and talk shit. How about you put points on the board first, then talk shit. :L

I'd take Tebow over Clausen.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you see a drunk guy wearing a Cubs jersey, well guess who? hah. Anyway off to the game, we have good seats.

I saw you. Unless there was another guy in the stands wearing a Cubs shirt.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure the hate on Trestman theme, he's definitely not the reason Baltimore is struggling. Even though they lost their best offensive player (Monroe), they still have a better-than-average offense. Baltimore's losses weigh more heavily on that defense than the offense.

He clearly wasn't the right coach for the misfit Chicago roster, good that he's gone, but he's not a bad offensive coach, and people blaming him for the Ravens being 0-3 are beclowning themselves.

Trestman-esque adjustments, the bears stayed close alot of games in his time as coach, got blown away in the second half. Carrol adjusted to what the bears were doing to stop the seahawks in the first half.

C

cubzzzfanincali

The "Marc Trestman can't/didn't make adjustments" story is a pure fable, easily refuted by actual evidence. This year, the Ravens have scored 23 points in the first half, and 47 scored in the second half.

Last year, as head coach, the Bears scored 8.4 points per first half, and 11.6 points per second half. The Bears defense gave up 16.3 points per first half, and 11.1 per second half. So the offense scored more, the defense surrendered less, and you ascribe the problem to Marc Trestman's inability to make adjustments? Huh???

As I recall, the problem (as backed up by stats) was that we usually went down early and had to play from behind all the time. Not that Trestman was unable to make adjustments in-game.

How about 2013? Bears scored 13.8 points per first half, and 13.9 points per second half. The "astonishingly inflexible" (cough cough) Trestman-coached defenses allowed 16.2 points per first half and 13.5 points per second half. Again, better offense, better defense after halftime.

I don't know where these commonly-believed myths come from, but when they are obviously just myths, I find it mystifying.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why do they keep stats? I guarantee if you don't gain a single yard you would not have won a game in the last 90 years

What the hell are you talking about? lol

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McPhee and Jenkins. Honestly, it was an unbelievable first half. Bears had Vegas trembling. Kinda Trestman-esque second half adjustments though.

Bears actually had the books in Vegas pumped. Money was all on Seattle. Line moved all the way to +16 by kickoff.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before week 3 Denver was the 3Rd ranked defense and the bears were 10th someone replied yardage doesn't win games

I am aware, but what you said had nothing to do with what he said.

He was simply saying, (correctly saying) that yardage is a horribly misleading statistic and very often inaccurate. The Bears have a top ten ranked defense in yards per game allowed, despite giving up the most points in the NFL.

Which is worse... allowing points? The metric with which decides the team that achieves victory... or allowing yardage?

A lot of great defenses have surrendered yardage, but are good because they do not break and they keep teams out of the end zone. They hold team's to field goals and create turnovers.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am aware, but what you said had nothing to do with what he said.

He was simply saying, (correctly saying) that yardage is a horribly misleading statistic and very often inaccurate. The Bears have a top ten ranked defense in yards per game allowed, despite giving up the most points in the NFL.

Which is worse... allowing points? The metric with which decides the team that achieves victory... or allowing yardage?

A lot of great defenses have surrendered yardage, but are good because they do not break and they keep teams out of the end zone. They hold team's to field goals and create turnovers.
Yes and I said the state was strange....didn't mean anybody to freak out on it.......you have to admit though that manning leading am offense with the least amount of yards is strange