• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 3: VT @ Purdue, 3:30est on ESPNU

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Andrew Motuapuaka out for a little over a month with injury, Sean Huelskamp gets the start at LB.

We're almost a TD favorite in the game which is surprising imo. With our uncertain QB situation, Purdue is capable of winning rather easily imo. I wouldn't be shocked at all if they won.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing would shock me. I'm just hoping for a win.

Really hoping for a blowout so that we can get more experience for the backups.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas usually knows what they are doing. But I just don't see this game being all that close. Hokies pull away in the 2nd half and Motley has another good game.

VT 31 - Purdue 17

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they lost to Marshall, but I may be a little more scared than I think I should be about this game. They always seem to play 1 team very tough each year. First that comes to my mind was the OSU game a few years ago when Braxton went down in the shoe and it took a great drive by Kenny for them to force OT. Hoping our defense can jump on something early and we never look back though.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have an offense?!?!? And a balanced one too? 471 total yards. 233 through the air, 238 on the ground. 38:11 time of possession. :yahoo: I'm getting some optimism.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, how awesome was that? That felt like old times with scoring from all over the field. TDs running and passing? Check. TDs on defense? Check. A blocked kick for a TD? Check. More of that please.

Motley looked like a totally different person out there today. He was poised, kept his eyes downfield for the most part, and made the right plays at the right time. He looked nothing like the guy we've seen in the scrimmages and previous games. It looked like he had gained a year's worth of experience from last week to this week. We can compete for the ACC if he plays like that and I'm happy to see him proving my doubts wrong.

How good is Adonis Alexander going to be? He got an INT (his 2nd this year) and was all over field. This guy is a true freshman? And how about Sean Huelskamp getting an INT in his first start? Not too shabby.

Little sloppy with some penalties and a missed play here or there but that's the best we've looked all around in awhile.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penalties were a big concern. Discipline has been terrible for the last 3 years, and our record coincides.

Motley has improved drastically since OSU. He still struggles to throw into coverage, and there are passes that leave you shaking your head, but he's definitely showing improvement.

RBs looked good, although Purdue has been terrible against the run this year. We need to work out a rotation. I think McMillan is the guy. He should be getting at least 50% of the carries.

Happy to see a block. We were very close on 2 prior to the block. Kind of sad, thinking to myself "I bet Revis would have gotten to that"

Adonis is a beast. Will be the next great DB after Fuller leaves. Speaking of Fuller, he looks like he's not playing at 100%. Something is up with his leg.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penalties were a big concern. Discipline has been terrible for the last 3 years, and our record coincides.

Motley has improved drastically since OSU. He still struggles to throw into coverage, and there are passes that leave you shaking your head, but he's definitely showing improvement.

I don't think I had any of those moments in the Purdue game. He had 1 throw to Bucky that was a little behind him and he should have thrown more inside but that was the only one that I thought was bad and it wasn't a real bad decision, he just didn't place it where he needed to. He has definitely improved though and each week of practice he will get better and get more of the playbook coming along.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I had any of those moments in the Purdue game. He had 1 throw to Bucky that was a little behind him and he should have thrown more inside but that was the only one that I thought was bad and it wasn't a real bad decision, he just didn't place it where he needed to. He has definitely improved though and each week of practice he will get better and get more of the playbook coming along.

The screen pass that he skipped to Ford for no reason comes to mind.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think through these two games thus far Motley has been as about as good as he possibly be at this point and he seems to improve each week. What I like about his deal is he is mobile, can take hits and has the ability to extend plays. I am really interested to see what happens if Brewer is able to play towards the latter part of our schedule. If Motley keeps playing well and improving, I don't see a need to play Brewer. Thoughts?

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think through these two games thus far Motley has been as about as good as he possibly be at this point and he seems to improve each week. What I like about his deal is he is mobile, can take hits and has the ability to extend plays. I am really interested to see what happens if Brewer is able to play towards the latter part of our schedule. If Motley keeps playing well and improving, I don't see a need to play Brewer. Thoughts?
It might come down to the opponent in those games and their defense. Brewer and Motley run 2 different offenses for us. Brewer is going to manage a short passing game that spreads the field to open up the running game. Motley keeps edge defenders honest with his feet and can stretch the field and make the tougher throws. It could be both of them through the game. If Motley continues to improve and play better each week, in 6 weeks he will be a heck of a QB and Brewer may not see the field as much. I would like to see Brewer get the start on Senior day though as recognition for the effort he has put in to this football team.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We might find out sooner than thought. There are reports that Brewer is already throwing and could be back by BC State.