• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 3: Raiders @ Redskins

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DEL RIO PRESSER

Oakland Raiders Head Coach Jack Del Rio

On the Redskins’ defense:

“Well, I’ve known Greg [Manusky] for a long time. He does a great job with his preparation and his game planning, so I’ve got a lot of respect for Greg. I also know [Ryan] Kerrigan is special. I really liked him coming out. I was hoping we’d draft him back in whatever year that was when he came out; it was my last year in Jacksonville. I’ve got a lot of respect for him. Josh Norman is probably as good as any corner out there. We know Stacy McGee, we tried to sign Zach Brown, so there are a bunch of guys in there that I think are really good players and I know Greg does a great job with them.”

On how Defensive Coordinator Greg Manusky coaches defenses effectively:

“Well, he’s been around a lot of ‘ball. There’s design, there’s teaching, all the things that it takes to be good on defense.”

On what made him interested in LB Zach Brown:

“Well, he’s theirs now, so we’re going to move on from that. But I wish him the best. It was good to get to know him.”

On what he liked about Brown’s skill set:

“I like him as a player. I think he’s a big guy that can run and can be an every-down linebacker.”

On how versatility helps on defense:

“It’s just a matter of utilizing your personnel, and that’s what we all try to do – utilize it to the best of your ability. Each week’s a new set of challenges and how you’re going to get ready for it and what you’re going to do. I think we recognize that.”

On what he thought of RB Marshawn Lynch before signing him:

“Before signing him, it was more appreciating the way he ran the football, but mostly from afar, knowing we’re both from the Bay Area, kind of having that kind of respect for a guy that came out of this area and did well. But having him, it’s been great to have him. He’s a passionate player. He brings toughness and he brings that passion and love that he has for the game of football and the city of Oakland to us.”

On the challenges RB Chris Thompson presents:

“Good player. You can hand it to him, you can toss it to him, you could throw him the football out of the backfield. He’s been good. In fact, all three backs have been productive for them behind that line. The line is doing a nice job blocking – good design. They’ve done a nice job. They’ve run the ball as well as anybody in the league to start the year, and obviously they’ve got a quarterback that threw for almost 5,000 yards last year. So it’s a good group.”

On if he had any concern about the media attention Lynch garners:

“No.”

Redskins Wednesday participation report

Did not participate

TE Jordan Reed (rib/sternum)

Limited

S Deshazor Everett (knee)
LB Mason Foster (shoulder)
RB Rob Kelley (rib)
T Morgan Moses (ankle/shoulder)
S Montae Nicholson (shoulder)
CB Josh Norman (shoulder)

Full

WR Josh Doctson (hamstring)
C Spencer Long (knee)
RB Chris Thompson (back)

Raiders Wednesday participation report

Limited

CB Gareon Conley (shin)
TE Jared Cook (shoulder)
WR Amari Cooper (knee)

Full

DB Keith McGill II (foot)
FB/RB Jamize Olawale (quadriceps)
CB Sean Smith (neck)
RB DeAndré Washington (hamstring)

Last edited:

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this weeks crew

WjRGOwu.png

Last edited:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's start talking match ups. Do we have Norman isolate Crabtree or Copper? I also noticed a segment yesterday about the increase in pick plays being used the first two weeks. Hopefully this is an emphasis for refs to look at during games this weekend. Apparently if a player is within 1 yard of the LOS it is legal, anything further down field is illegal.
Breeland matched up on either player (AC or MC) does not excite me. Limiting Lynch is easier said than done.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's start talking match ups. Do we have Norman isolate Crabtree or Copper? I also noticed a segment yesterday about the increase in pick plays being used the first two weeks. Hopefully this is an emphasis for refs to look at during games this weekend. Apparently if a player is within 1 yard of the LOS it is legal, anything further down field is illegal.
Breeland matched up on either player (AC or MC) does not excite me. Limiting Lynch is easier said than done.

the raiders offense will be tough to stop. i think BB can cover either one of these guys if his head is in the game . my concern is the raiders TE . our defense hasnt shown it can cover TE's and cook is a good one . i dont think we will get much pressure on carr . the raiders o/line is stellar while our d/line is avg (better then last season though )

i think our o/line better come to play . we need our run game to step up again vs the raiders because our defense will be hard pressed to stop the raider onslaught . i think we have a better chance (if you can call it that ) vs the chiefs defending them then the raiders

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they need to practice this in the red zone

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I say let Norman play the offensive right and Bree play the offensive left. Then the defense doesn't know if it is man or zone.

I don't worry about Bree against either.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say let Norman play the offensive right and Bree play the offensive left. Then the defense doesn't know if it is man or zone.

I don't worry about Bree against either.
Crabtree has been stellar the first two weeks but I'm waiting for Cooper to take over any game now. While I like your point about staying on your own side of the field to not tip coverage, we know Bree is not Norman but we have to live with it until he gets better, or is replaced in the lineup this year or next when he likely leaves in FA.

Any suggestions for slowing down Lynch?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree has been stellar the first two weeks but I'm waiting for Cooper to take over any game now. While I like your point about staying on your own side of the field to not tip coverage, we know Bree is not Norman but we have to live with it until he gets better, or is replaced in the lineup this year or next when he likely leaves in FA.

tanya harding his ass

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have seen Breeland shut down Dez with Romo at QB. Dez has more talent than Crabtree and Cooper.

As for Marshawn, gap control and do your damn job. Wrap up and swarm tackle. When stacked in a pile, go for the yes...eye gouging is encouraged. The best answer is get an early two TD lead on how to stop Lynch.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen Breeland shut down Dez with Romo at QB. Dez has more talent than Crabtree and Cooper.

As for Marshawn, gap control and do your damn job. Wrap up and swarm tackle. When stacked in a pile, go for the yes...eye gouging is encouraged. The best answer is get an early two TD lead on how to stop Lynch.

Agreed about Lynch, if he is on the sideline, he can't beat us. I was at the game you speak of when Bree did a number on Dez that day in Dallas (Son's 21st birthday) and while I was impressed that day, I really haven't seen the same Bree since. Can't say I agree with you about Dez having more talent today than Cooper. While Dez' resume may indicate that, currently I would certainly take Cooper for sure over Dez if I were forced to choose one today. You may be right about Crabtree however, he is currently balling and has Carr's confidence...

HTTR!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed about Lynch, if he is on the sideline, he can't beat us. I was at the game you speak of when Bree did a number on Dez that day in Dallas (Son's 21st birthday) and while I was impressed that day, I really haven't seen the same Bree since. Can't say I agree with you about Dez having more talent today than Cooper. While Dez' resume may indicate that, currently I would certainly take Cooper for sure over Dez if I were forced to choose one today. You may be right about Crabtree however, he is currently balling and has Carr's confidence...

HTTR!

I don't think we use players to their skill set. Bree did well because he was physical man that day against Dez if memory serves.

As for Cooper, I think he is nothing special. He is a good player but not a game breaker. I dislike Dez but don't deny his talent.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we use players to their skill set. Bree did well because he was physical man that day against Dez if memory serves.

As for Cooper, I think he is nothing special. He is a good player but not a game breaker. I dislike Dez but don't deny his talent.
You better dislike Dez!!! Jk...

HTTR!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more read and react. We are attacking now. I have always believed it is better to play full speed and make a mistake.

If I remember right we hardly heard Breeland's name called last week which means he was guarding Jerry Lewis or had a very good game.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure that I think Dez is better than Cooper.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we know Bree is not Norman but we have to live with it until he gets better, or is replaced in the lineup this year or next when he likely leaves in FA.

you should take a listen to Cooley defensive breakdown ... he has nothing but positive things to say about Beeland

which is surprising considering he was acting like at head case during training camp