• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 16 @ GB

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win like last week just makes you wonder...what if.

On the injury front...everyone probably knows Woodley was placed on IR...most everyone else is questionable to probable at this point....of those, Cotchery is the only one that did not practice Wed.

Kind of weird week...@ GB vs a mediocre Packer team, but they are still alive for the playoffs...I get the sense that Rodgers is not going to play again. Flynn has shown that at least in a Packer uniform he can play. I'm happy with Bell, but we now face the RB I wanted to draft, Lacy...I'm sure he'll want to show that we should not have passed him over....control him and I like our chances to pull off a road win.

Also...as bad as the OL was in the 1st 3 weeks, all of the shuffling, this group has been much, much better as the season has gone on...with Spaeth back they haven't had to go with the big blocking package as much and they have passed some from the 2 TE set, something they did not do much with the OT playing blocking TE.

They had comebacks to beat ATL & DET so they are capable with or without Rodgers...I like the way the Steelers are finishing out a bad season so on that note I'm going to pick the Steelers to win this one on the road...24-21.

What say you?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is going to be huge for both Bell & Lacy! All eyes will be on them and I'm sure both are looking to prove their suitors that they made the right choice. I expect both defenses to have their hands full with the ground game. Not sure what the forecast is, but if I had to guess it's going to be a cold one. Perfect recipe for the ground & pound game, so the battle will be won on the lines. GB has a decent run defense (thanks to Jolly), and aside from their last week's showing (thanks to Romo & Co.), their secondary is pretty awful. PIT will likely get the ground game rolling and Heath involved early.

I don't see a clear victor here. Home field will play a huge factor IMO, but this isn't the same Packers team in recent years. Both teams are used to playing in the cold. If I had to put money down I would say PIT, only because they have a "better" defense. It's going to be a grinder for sure!!!

PIT: 20 - 17

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year my 1 - 2 mock was #1 Warmack, OG, (Titans) and #2 Lacy...Bell is a better receiver, I like Lacy's running style better, but as mentioned, I'm happy with Bell.

Homefield, yeah, to some degree...but I think if PIT can get up early in this game the crowd won't be a huge factor.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Packer fan, I hope Mike Tomlin morphs into Jason Garrett and abandons the running game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Packer fan, I hope Mike Tomlin morphs into Jason Garrett and abandons the running game.

I hear ya...if Tomlin had anything to do with the OFC we'd be lucky to win a game...lol...I think both teams will be wise to pound the rock this weekend and mix in a few passes.

Good luck to the Pack...just not enough to win the game...lol...actually I wouldn't mind losing the next 2.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read on the Packers' forum that Jolly is out for the remainder of the season... Things are looking even better for Bell!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 16 @ GB Postgame

Very entertaining game to watch.

MT is not the best coach in the NFL, but I have to say...these guys have responded to whatever it is he's had to say...I think we're getting the best this team has to offer right now.

#55...what? I hadn't seen Sylvestor play in some time...turns out Jarvis Jones had some type illness when he got to GB and was a late scratch. His side got caved in on the 1st Lacy TD, but played okay otherwise I thought.

The Pack lost some key guys (namely Clay) so I'm sure that had something to do with it, but Ben had time for the most part all day but missed a lot of passes...in his defense I thought 2 or 3 were flat out dropped and a couple in the endzone were where they needed to be but the WR just couldn't get up to make the catch...(still hoping like hell we get some size @ WR from this draft).

Lacy played with passion, but Bell showed why he was the choice...26 carries for his 1st 100 yd gm as a Steeler and near perfect balance on OFC for Haley this week. The film on him will go a long way towards helping the playaction passing next year. Loved the TD pass to Spaeth, and the fake punt pass to Paulsen.

Blocked punt...you can't challenge possession? Wow...clearly #25 recovered the ball and tried to lateral before the illegal batting...go figure. Resilient bunch yesterday.

It was a non factor fortunately, but did anyone else see Timmons launch after Flynn as he was sliding down?...he took off I thought before Flynn started his slide, but #9 4was airborne shoulder 1st...again, fortunately for Flynn he slid under it...that looked like it was going to be wicked had he made contact.