• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 13: The Other Virginia Team vs. Virginia Tech, Saturday 11/30/13 3:30 on ESPNU

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK folks, there have been some tough losses this year. There have been highs (GT, Miami) and lows (Duke, BC, Maryland). But I don't think any of it matters in comparison to this game. This is the game that both teams circle on their schedule every year. Our senior class has never lost to UVa, their seniors have never beaten our boys. So there is plenty of motivation on both sides. I suspect a slugfest, and it may even be a close game, but I (despite what I have seen other people post here and on other boards) refuse to believe that this program is headed in the same direction or is even in the same stratosphere as UVA. I would expect Scott Stadium to be 50%+ O and M. Let's kick some wahoo ass and finish strong.

And as usual, all anti-UVA, Mike London, etc. gifs, memes, and anything else you would like to share is always welcome. We've got 2 weeks, so Camfantasy, 200proof, and the rest of you... Bring us some good stuff!

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would expect Scott Stadium to be 50%+ O and M.

Unless Miami lays a complete egg vs UVa and somehow the Hoos get the win, it will be more like 75% O and M.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffro-

Have a quick question. Is there still first come / first serve free parking for tailgating across from JPJ? I know I have setup there before but not sure if this is still possible. Do you know?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffro-

Have a quick question. Is there still first come / first serve free parking for tailgating across from JPJ? I know I have setup there before but not sure if this is still possible. Do you know?

Pretty much everything around JPJ and UHall is first come first serve during football games. It's only when you get close to Scott Stadium that you start hitting the reserved the lots.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice - plan to shred for that game with the wife. Got two kids under the age of two now and they will both be at grandma's so this time has been circled for months for tailgating and being kid-free!

:kk: :suds:

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We play ODU this year?

Oh, other Virginia... School... ok. Got it.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This pretty much sums things up:

Being a Wahoo

no-answer.gif

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod:

James Gayle -- “They talk about how they have the clock in their locker room, about a countdown to Virginia Tech and stuff. So they think so highly of us. We’re not going to disappoint them. …

“We don’t have a clock. We have a Cup.”

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No Kyle Fuller for the UVA game

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kyle Fuller underwent successful surgery to repair a core muscle injury on Tuesday in Philadelphia; full recovery in 4-6 weeks.</p>&mdash; VT Football (@VT_Football) <a href="https://twitter.com/VT_Football/statuses/403531319860527104">November 21, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This pretty much sums things up:

Being a Wahoo

Was... uh... was that serious?

Can we talk about this one - "a fish that can drink twice its weight..." Not to ask a really stupid question here, but do fish drink? Isn't this like saying "a rat that can breathe twice its weight..." In other words meaningless? Or stupid? Or misunderstanding basic biology?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Kyle Fuller for the UVA game

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kyle Fuller underwent successful surgery to repair a core muscle injury on Tuesday in Philadelphia; full recovery in 4-6 weeks.</p>&mdash; VT Football (@VT_Football) <a href="https://twitter.com/VT_Football/statuses/403531319860527104">November 21, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sucks. But I figured his injury must have been more serious than they let on because he never got any better. I would selfishly like to see him suit up one last time but the smart thing to do is get healthy and prepare for the Combine. You did good kid! Go give em hell in the NFL!

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we were completely out of the ACCCG picture... or kinda hoped we were (yea, would be nice to get there again, but I'd feel compelled to go if we did, and that would mean spending money on tickets/hotel/sooooo much booze and watching us get destroyed by 30+ by FSU in Charlotte).

I saw a graphic this weekend that a Duke loss (could happen) and we win our game and we're in? Is that right? How?

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm not liking the Duke game being before ours. It could make for an over-emotional game either way. It's nearly impossible in this age for the team not to get distracted somewhat by it. We'll all know what is at stack (or not at stack), and this team hasn't responded well when in the figurative driver's seat or against lesser teams.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not liking the Duke game being before ours. It could make for an over-emotional game either way. It's nearly impossible in this age for the team not to get distracted somewhat by it. We'll all know what is at stack (or not at stack), and this team hasn't responded well when in the figurative driver's seat or against lesser teams.

Hopefully our team will be in the middle of preparing to face our biggest rivals (historically) and not paying attention to the Duke score. However, like you mentioned, these are still kids and it's hard to focus on warm up when you can take a quick peak at the score. I actually hope that the coaching staff turns off any TVs in the locker room and requests that the Duke score not be displayed in the stadium until at least after the game starts.

It can be a let down knowing you have no shot at the ACC CG if Duke wins, but we don't control our own destiny and the focus should be on beating UVA, getting better as a team, and positioning for a better bowl game. The ACC CG would be a nice bonus (that is until we remember it will be against FSU).

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully our team will be in the middle of preparing to face our biggest rivals (historically) and not paying attention to the Duke score. However, like you mentioned, these are still kids and it's hard to focus on warm up when you can take a quick peak at the score. I actually hope that the coaching staff turns off any TVs in the locker room and requests that the Duke score not be displayed in the stadium until at least after the game starts.

It can be a let down knowing you have no shot at the ACC CG if Duke wins, but we don't control our own destiny and the focus should be on beating UVA, getting better as a team, and positioning for a better bowl game. The ACC CG would be a nice bonus (that is until we remember it will be against FSU).

I was just thinking the same thing