• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 12- Cleveland Browns @ Denver Broncos

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Glad this game is in Denver with the mile high altitude and the fan's 12th man noise making.
2) Even in the win streak the Broncos have been lousy on 3rd down - and the Browns have been great on 3rd downs defensively - 3rd down will be a real key to this game.
3) The Browns have the rookie QB -and the Broncos have the turnover machine - that favors the Broncos
4) Denver has been able to control the clock with the run game - whether it is working well or not - they must control the clock in this game too.
5) Part of the tackling problem for Denver is they are trying to stand guys up and steal the ball away - let's just make tackles guys.
6) Ja'Quann McMillian reminds me of Tyrone Braxton in that he doesn't get much credit but really impacts the game on defense and comes up with timely turnovers. McMillian is worth the price of admission these days. He will be a factor this week against the Browns.
7) Lutz Ride - if you own Lutz in fantasy football - another big week ahead for him. The Browns stop offensive drives and have had the bad luck of good field position for the opposition to start drives. The recent trends of the Bronco getting into the red zone and kicking FGs is likely to continue.
8) The Broncos punt return game will be a crucial advantage in this game.

Broncos 22
Browns 17

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very fair, and true ... I'm just not ready to anoint them as the best defense in the NFL
You don’t have to they are still dealing with a lot of injuries so what have done is remarkable. Mcleod is now out for season that adds to the season ending injuries.

Denzel Ward is out for Sunday. Huge loss.

The Browns are resilient but the Broncos have no excuses here. They need to win with all the Browns players out

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t have to they are still dealing with a lot of injuries so what have done is remarkable. Mcleod is now out for season that adds to the season ending injuries.

The Browns are resilient but the Broncos have no excuses here. They need to win with all the Browns players out

Definitely some Cleveland injuries that favors the Broncos but there are still playmakers on both sides of the ball for the Browns. Their defense has been pretty resilient all year and they're great at stopping the run. I still think this is a tough, close game.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely some Cleveland injuries that favors the Broncos but there are still playmakers on both sides of the ball for the Browns. Their defense has been pretty resilient all year and they're great at stopping the run. I still think this is a tough, close game.
Doesn't it seem like football is going back to the days of low scoring games? Maybe the balance of talent is going to the defensive side of the ball league wide.
Based on the apparent state of each of these teams - the coaching matchup gets really interesting for this game. Players executing the play book at a high level is also a big factor.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't it seem like football is going back to the days of low scoring games? Maybe the balance of talent is going to the defensive side of the ball league wide.
Based on the apparent state of each of these teams - the coaching matchup gets really interesting for this game. Players executing the play book at a high level is also a big factor.

A great point. Most coaches are good at developing a game plan that takes advantage of an opponent's weakness. The difference really comes from how well the players execute that plan. I think Sean Payton will have the Broncos ready for this one. Earlier in the season, they scored a lot on opening drives, clearly running scripted plays. Recently, they've been a little more chaotic to open games. Fortunately, part of that chaos has been our defense forcing a takeaway. I would be happy to see that again on Sunday!

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Broncos have relied upon check down Wilson and an unprecedented number of forced turnovers per game to win the last few weeks against injured or down trending teams.

No NFL team has an excuse, so quit making them for the Browns.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos have relied upon check down Wilson and an unprecedented number of forced turnovers per game to win the last few weeks against injured or down trending teams.

Dang.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Excuses? LOL the Browns are 7-3 without their two best players. I am thrilled. They have a chance in every game with their defense. I mention one of the best CB’s in the league is out but that is a common theme, the guy can’t stay on the field. So you don’t agree the Broncos should not win at home against a team without their starting QB and RB? If not, your expectations are low for your team. It’s a must win for the Broncos imo but it won’t be easy.
These injuries are just are something Browns fans have to deal with. Not excuses, just reality.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you’re right Browns are not at full strength.terrible QB play but still top 5 running team against a Denver team that is not very good at running the ball.

Browns could easily grind out a 12-7 game

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you’re right Browns are not at full strength.terrible QB play but still top 5 running team against a Denver team that is not very good at running the ball.

Browns could easily grind out a 12-7 game
Are you going to the game, Chris? If so, have a great day!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not today. have some business to get done before tomorrow.
I just noticed your Avatar Chris - awesome!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos do better when I don't post during the game. So no posting for me today until after.

PJ Locke is active.

Elevated- Davis Sills, Tyler Lancaster

Inactive
JL Skinnner
Dewayne Washington
Thomas Incoom
Alex Forsyth
Elijah Garcia
Ronnie Perkins

Watch for Riley Moss to get more PT today. He appears ahead of Mathis on the depth chart now.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that's the way you start a football game! Wilson to Sutton on 3rd and 8. Perine in for the score!!