• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 10- Denver Broncos @ Buffalo Bills

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He reminds me a bit of a mixture of Jay Cutler and Philip Rivers. The good and the bad. Much better runner obviously but the passing part of him.
I see Joe Flacco.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it.... But I love you no matter what we see.
You are blinded by the brilliance of my observation - no worries - happens a lot.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep going back in my mind to the final sequence of plays in the game. I was wincing as the Broncos had Wilson take a knee forcing the Bills and then the Broncos to take time outs. Most coaches would have sent the FG team out on 3rd down so a fumble could be recovered, and a new try held on 4th down. Instead, the Broncos took their final timeout and had to rush the FG team on the field to execute the kick on 4th down. For the 2nd time in the game the Broncos wanted to kick an FG without taking a timeout - this time a gust of wind blew the ball wide. However, at the same time - the Broncos by doing the unconventional - got the Bills to make a mistake and leave 12 guys on the field. Bronco's win - Josh Allen didn't get the ball back again.

I'm still not sure this was the right strategy, but obviously the Broncos had practiced kicking FGs that way - and Payton had confidence in them. By doing so - he put pressure on the Bills and the Bills cracked. It was ballsy to do that.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I said the same thing to a friend.

If Lutz doesn't feel rushed maybe he makes the kick (he did make it rushed at the end of the half) but different situation.

However, if we don't rush it then we also only get one chance at it. ;)

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep going back in my mind to the final sequence of plays in the game. I was wincing as the Broncos had Wilson take a knee forcing the Bills and then the Broncos to take time outs. Most coaches would have sent the FG team out on 3rd down so a fumble could be recovered, and a new try held on 4th down. Instead, the Broncos took their final timeout and had to rush the FG team on the field to execute the kick on 4th down. For the 2nd time in the game the Broncos wanted to kick an FG without taking a timeout - this time a gust of wind blew the ball wide. However, at the same time - the Broncos by doing the unconventional - got the Bills to make a mistake and leave 12 guys on the field. Bronco's win - Josh Allen didn't get the ball back again.

I'm still not sure this was the right strategy, but obviously the Broncos had practiced kicking FGs that way - and Payton had confidence in them. By doing so - he put pressure on the Bills and the Bills cracked. It was ballsy to do that.
I didn’t agree with the decision at the time. I understand not wanting to leave time on the clock - but that wouldn’t make any difference if he missed the FG being rushed. But as we know, it worked out so it doesn’t become controversial.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t agree with the decision at the time. I understand not wanting to leave time on the clock - but that wouldn’t make any difference if he missed the FG being rushed. But as we know, it worked out so it doesn’t become controversial.

Same. With the game on the line my thought was the most important thing was making the field goal and the mental aspect of rushing on the field with the game on the line and the clock ticking down is a lot more pressure added. I get that it worked out great at the end of the half (when we had no timeouts) and couldn't stop the clock. I figured we would spike the ball on the last play instead of kneeling it again and then go with the FG with what? 24 seconds left or something? Giving them the ball but still hardly any time left. It worked out for us though. God works in magical ways. ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same. With the game on the line my thought was the most important thing was making the field goal and the mental aspect of rushing on the field with the game on the line and the clock ticking down is a lot more pressure added. I get that it worked out great at the end of the half (when we had no timeouts) and couldn't stop the clock. I figured we would spike the ball on the last play instead of kneeling it again and then go with the FG with what? 24 seconds left or something? Giving them the ball but still hardly any time left. It worked out for us though. God works in magical ways. ;)
The Bills penalty on the FG attempt was a forced error by Payton's tactic - right? It wasn't just purdy assed luck. I wouldn't have done it though - I would have had faith in the defense to hold the Bills for 25 seconds or so - starting probably from the 25.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payton told Kareem “don’t come
back and fook this up. we’re on a roll.”

a single stupid PI could be the difference in the game

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He reminds me a bit of a mixture of Jay Cutler and Philip Rivers. The good and the bad. Much better runner obviously but the passing part of him.
Allen reminds me of Kerry Collins .. and I mean that as a compliment of sorts - both QBs are 6'5", roll out nice, can do the lob as good as they can sling it ...

I think both Josh Allen and Justin Herbert are being held back by lackluster coaching ... I know both these guys are generally considered top tier these days, but if either was fitted with Andy Reid or Sean Payton, forget about it - they'd be on their way to all-time status and not wallowing in inconsistency and borderline teams

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Courtland Sutton posts a great "Apology Form" for the Russ haters ..

Interestingly, the first checkbox says "The media convinced me that Russ was the problem, not Hackett"

ouch !!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interestingly, the first checkbox says "The media convinced me that Russ was the problem, not Hackett"

ouch !!

I'll apologize at the Super Bowl.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ouch !!

Love this! It's hilarious. I'm not truly a believer yet, simply because I don't feel he's playing at a level that warrants that absurd contract he has. But I'm definitely rooting for him. There have been points I've been ready for this team to cut its losses, but as the defense has found its groove, Wilson has been adequate for these last couple games. If he finds a groove too this team could actually be something down the stretch.

I also really love the "not Hackett." That is some major league shade right there.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love this! It's hilarious. I'm not truly a believer yet, simply because I don't feel he's playing at a level that warrants that absurd contract he has. But I'm definitely rooting for him. There have been points I've been ready for this team to cut its losses, but as the defense has found its groove, Wilson has been adequate for these last couple games. If he finds a groove too this team could actually be something down the stretch.

I also really love the "not Hackett." That is some major league shade right there.
Wilson isn't throwing for yardage but is like 2nd or 3rd in TD passes this year. My eyes popped out this last game - when I didn't realize Wilson completed 24-28 passes - he is hitting a very high percentage of tosses.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is playing well, but when I watch the game it really seems like the line isn't doing him any favors. However, they are 10th in the league in pass block win rate. That doesn't jive with what my eyes see during games though.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Wilson is playing much better this year but he still holds onto the ball too long. I don't know if it's taking our receivers too long to get open or the play calling doesn't support a quick release but it's been an issue all year.

He's definitely using his legs more often and is no longer trying to just be a pure pocket passer. Our running game is also a huge factor in his improved play. The Broncos O-line is better at run blocking than pass protection.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile - Hackett looks like he is on his way to being fired again.