• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 10 @ Colts

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 6-2 Steelers are the #1 team in the NFL?

Seriously...the young players on this team can easily get the bighead still. What exactly does the 1 seed mean in November? Squat!

After a week off the Steelers resume their schedule traveling to IND to face a 3-6 Colts team that finally got the news that they probably were suspecting...Andrew Luck was officially shut down for the season. Of they still have games to play and they've been fairly competitive playing behind Jacoby Brissett...the QB they picked up from NE.

On paper this should not be a contest. Colts rank 25th on OFC (18 ppg) and 31st on DEF (28 ppg)...the Steelers rank 20th on OFC (21 ppg) and 2nd on DEF (16 ppg). You would think even a marginally effective OFC of the Steelers should get roughly 24 pts and the DEF give up about 10 pts.

Injury...the early word...Tuitt and Gilbert practiced on Monday and the latest transaction releasing OT Jake Rodgers from the PC is a good sign they think Gilbert is good to go...no word on McDonald (knee) or Mitchell (calf) yet. I have a feeling MItchell will play, but to be honest, I'm not overly concerned about Mitchell...Wilcox I think can make the same plays Mitchell makes.

Outcome...I'm not going to beat the dead horse on MT's record in these kind of games...I really think the matchup favors the Steelers on both sides of the ball so the only way IND is in this game late are turnovers....I like PIT to get a turnover or two themselves actually, I'm going all in 27-12 PIT.

What say you?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense... Will this be the game they finally get going? Ben has been stellar against the Colts the last few years.
juyrZrj.png

On paper this matchup heavily favors the Steelers offense. Colts are next to last in the league on defense. Hopefully that means we'll see fireworks on Sunday. I'm sure Haley will stick to the recipe of getting Bell going early & often. Getting Gilbert back will be a huge boost in the run game. I suspect we'll see some heavy sets with Hubbard in as the eligible 3rd OT & Rosie at FB. Basically they'll run it down their throats until they can stop it. I'd love for Haley to come out firing though because I think the entire world expects them to run it. Catch them off guard & get up on the scoreboard earlier. Whatever they decide to do they need to get better in the RZ & 3rd downs. The potential for this offense to score 40+ in this game is very real, but they need to play disciplined & clean. If they come out sloppy then this could be another long day.

Defense... Well I wish I could say that I'm confident but we simply can't be against these bottom feeders. This Steelers defense is near the top of the league going against one of the lesser offenses in the NFL. But what good did that do against the Bears or Jags? See where I'm going with this? Mike Glennon only completed 15 passes for 100yds the entire game but the Bears still won. Only 1 or 2 completions were to WRs. Fancy that. I think Butler has learned his lesson with applying the pressure. I'm sure he'll keep that pedal to the metal and hope to force Brissett into some mistakes. Getting Tuitt back should help the run defense.

Long story short I'm fearful of this game. Colts have been playing up to their competition all year even though they are struggling on paper. If the Steelers decide to once again play down then this could easily turn into Indy's game & another head-scratching loss for Tomlin's résumé. This is an AFC matchup they absolutely cannot afford to lose if they want to play at home in the postseason.

Mind the juju... :hope:

Colts 20 - Steelers 13

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we are minding the juju for a long long time.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense... Will this be the game they finally get going? Ben has been stellar against the Colts the last few years.
juyrZrj.png

On paper this matchup heavily favors the Steelers offense. Colts are next to last in the league on defense. Hopefully that means we'll see fireworks on Sunday. I'm sure Haley will stick to the recipe of getting Bell going early & often. Getting Gilbert back will be a huge boost in the run game. I suspect we'll see some heavy sets with Hubbard in as the eligible 3rd OT & Rosie at FB. Basically they'll run it down their throats until they can stop it. I'd love for Haley to come out firing though because I think the entire world expects them to run it. Catch them off guard & get up on the scoreboard earlier. Whatever they decide to do they need to get better in the RZ & 3rd downs. The potential for this offense to score 40+ in this game is very real, but they need to play disciplined & clean. If they come out sloppy then this could be another long day.

Defense... Well I wish I could say that I'm confident but we simply can't be against these bottom feeders. This Steelers defense is near the top of the league going against one of the lesser offenses in the NFL. But what good did that do against the Bears or Jags? See where I'm going with this? Mike Glennon only completed 15 passes for 100yds the entire game but the Bears still won. Only 1 or 2 completions were to WRs. Fancy that. I think Butler has learned his lesson with applying the pressure. I'm sure he'll keep that pedal to the metal and hope to force Brissett into some mistakes. Getting Tuitt back should help the run defense.

Long story short I'm fearful of this game. Colts have been playing up to their competition all year even though they are struggling on paper. If the Steelers decide to once again play down then this could easily turn into Indy's game & another head-scratching loss for Tomlin's résumé. This is an AFC matchup they absolutely cannot afford to lose if they want to play at home in the postseason.

Mind the juju... :hope:

Colts 20 - Steelers 13

I think we're going to always feel a little uneasy in the Tomlin era in these games because of the history.

He knows it, and i'm sure he doesn't want that to be his legacy...I think he'd take it if they got a 7th, but then maybe 2 rings would be his legacy then.

The two losses they have...we're now seeing that JAX is at worse a decent team and at best might win that DIV...some of the stink is wearing off that one. CHI just pounded the ball on them and like you said, Glennon made a few key throws and it was enough...still a bad loss, but the Bear DEF is better than a 3 win team...13th I think.

OFC...they know they should be scoring more than 18 pts a game and they are one of the worst RZ OFC in the league...I think I know what I'm going to see, this game and the 2nd half of this season...a lot more of the same maybe until they play NE and BAL2.0.

DEF...I think everyone in the building has to feel better about the DEF this yr...I think they handle IND roughly this week. I'm sure Tuitt wants to be a factor and the overall health of the D has been good...knock on wood that continues.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Steelers to break the mold this week and win a game they should win (for a change).

Steelers 32 Colts 16

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard that Vontae Davis has been ruled out for the Colts. AB could have himself a heyday.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vontae's out? Oh we got this, fellas. We got this.

Steelers 37
Colts 17

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One can hope these guys can lay a beat down on somebody this season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy gameday morning you heathens... :yahoo:

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let me be clear: the pittsburgh steelers absolutely, positively, have no business losing to this colts team. NONE. one more time: the pittsburgh steelers absolutely, positively, have no business losing to this colts team.

goddamnit.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let me be clear: the pittsburgh steelers absolutely, positively, have no business losing to this colts team. NONE. one more time: the pittsburgh steelers absolutely, positively, have no business losing to this colts team.

goddamnit.
amen-gif-28.gif

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see Ben's beard today???

...Ain't no way Steelers lose now

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nation is invading Lucas Oil Stadium:

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be an easy win for the Steelers. I'm sure we will find a way to make it interesting, but I believe the Steelers come out on top 30-14

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben threw it up hoping Marty would fight for it. Apparently he didn't get the memo.

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

goddamnit.

Fuckers are trying their hardest to blow it.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told you they'd find a way to keep it interesting.