• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 1: Hawks @ Rams

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it time to get the chatter going about the first game since it's only a week away?

Hawks favored by 3.5 last time I saw, which is a point or 2 lower than I expected. No Todd Gurley for STL; probably no Kam for us.

Rams have played us pretty tough lately in their barn. Last year's special teams blunders were fairly ridiculous & ruined the historic 300/100 day from Russell. One of the advantages of having low expectations like the Rams against the top teams is you can take wild chances since everyone expects you to lose anyway.

On paper it seems like we should beat these guys by 3 TDs, but I'm wary enough to know better. This is probably a 23-13 type game.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't expect a high scoring game. 17-3 Seahawks

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading SI's article about the Rams DL, and watchin our OL on pass protection this preseason, I'm worried for RW's health.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading SI's article about the Rams DL, and watchin our OL on pass protection this preseason, I'm worried for RW's health.
Yeah we all worry about the Rams DL vs our OL. Got to think the Seahawks are aware of this and have a game plan. The plan might be for RW to drop to the ground and let ST and the d win this for them.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never feel confident about any game against the Rams in the Dome. Foles is a solid QB, much better than any QB that has been on the field vs. Seattle in over two years. This year they have one of, if not the best, defensive lines in the league going against this very questionable offensive line.

This game will be close as always and likely very low scoring. Wilson is going to need to make some stuff up on the fly and make some plays like he did last year in the Dome. If he can do that and Lockett can make something happen in the return game I'll go 19-13 Seattle. Otherwise same score the other way around.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks 16-13... I think the Hawks will squeak one this one out but I wouldn't be surprised if we dropped our first road game, especially being our first game of the season... Rams usually play us tough, I think we've split w/ them the last 2 out of 3 seasons... Not too confident that we can sweep them this year... I think they're going to be a solid team...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks 16-13... I think the Hawks will squeak one this one out but I wouldn't be surprised if we dropped our first road game, especially being our first game of the season... Rams usually play us tough, I think we've split w/ them the last 2 out of 3 seasons... Not too confident that we can sweep them this year... I think they're going to be a solid team...
I think they have a great chance to be the team that challenges us for the division over the Cards. It will boil down to Foles vs Palmer. Glad we are getting the @ STL game out of the way early in the season before Gurley is healhty and also prior to Foles working into the O.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they have a great chance to be the team that challenges us for the division over the Cards. It will boil down to Foles vs Palmer. Glad we are getting the @ STL game out of the way early in the season before Gurley is healhty and also prior to Foles working into the O.

I agree... I'm not too high on the Cardinals... I think the Rams will finish 2nd in our division... I'm afraid Gurley is going to be a beast once he get's a few games under his belt...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree... I'm not too high on the Cardinals... I think the Rams will finish 2nd in our division... I'm afraid Gurley is going to be a beast once he get's a few games under his belt...

I don't get why everyone is down on Arizona. Same thing basically and got their QB back

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why everyone is down on Arizona. Same thing basically and got their QB back
Not everyone, I think they'll be good, but their OL has taken some hits so watch out Palmer. Not as high on the Rams as other are. Love their DL, but not much else is outstanding or even above average. WRs meh, RBs meh, QB meh, secondary meh, LB...OK.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their D took a step back toward the end of the year. Fitz another year older, same with Palmer (who is not durable). But you more or less hit -- seems like they've pretty much held the course while the competition has made some upgrades. I also think they overachieved a bit last year. To me it adds up to about a 9-7 record and battling with the Rams for 2nd....not like I think they will be garbage or anything though.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their D took a step back toward the end of the year. Fitz another year older, same with Palmer (who is not durable). But you more or less hit -- seems like they've pretty much held the course while the competition has made some upgrades. I also think they overachieved a bit last year. To me it adds up to about a 9-7 record and battling with the Rams for 2nd....not like I think they will be garbage or anything though.

Outside of the Seattle and Atlanta game, I have no idea what other games did you see them take a step back in. Their defense had 3 bad games all year long. The issue with Arizona is that they had their 4th string QB playing due to injuries to the other Qbs.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of the Seattle and Atlanta game, I have no idea what other games did you see them take a step back in. Their defense had 3 bad games all year long. The issue with Arizona is that they had their 4th string QB playing due to injuries to the other Qbs.
They got OL problems I think. Just check out their board for details. This doesn't bode well for Palmer, especially in this division.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not everyone, I think they'll be good, but their OL has taken some hits so watch out Palmer. Not as high on the Rams as other are. Love their DL, but not much else is outstanding or even above average. WRs meh, RBs meh, QB meh, secondary meh, LB...OK.

Yeah I don't get the hype around the Rams either. With that schedule they're likely an 7 or 8 win team. I'll be kind of surprised if they get to 9 or 10 wins. We'll see what the Rams are made out of before their bye in week 6. The only "soft" game in the first 5 is road in Washington. The other 4 games are against Seattle, Pittsburgh, Arizona, & Green Bay. I'll be shocked if they're 3-2 after that stretch

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Palmer is a 35 year old QB coming off of major knee surgery... I just feel the Rams and Hawks got better... Asking Palmer to do what he did last year is asking a lot imo...

Arizona's defense took a step back imo by letting Cromartie leave via FA... They are horrible at the ILB position and did not do much to address it... Plus their DE's struggled putting pressure on the QB...

I don't see the Cardinals winning 10 games again this year... I see them as a .500 team...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got OL problems I think. Just check out their board for details. This doesn't bode well for Palmer, especially in this division.

Well in the Raiders game last week they did look like shit but the Raiders defense is pretty good. T

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palmer is a 35 year old QB coming off of major knee surgery... I just feel the Rams and Hawks got better... Asking him to do what he did last year is asking a lot imo...

Arizona's defense took a step back imo by letting Cromartie leave via FA... They are horrible at the ILB position and did not do much to address it... Plus their DE's struggled putting pressure on the QB...

I don't see the Cardinals winning 10 games again this year... I see them as a .500 team...

I respectfully disagree. Assuming Palmer is exactly you're basically predicting a drastic drop because they would have been a 12 or 13 win team with Palmer last year so dropping them all the way down to 8 wins with Palmer is pretty significant. They actually have a very favorable schedule if you ask me. Most of their tough games outside the division are home games which bodes well for them.

I say 11-5

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were worse than all but 6 teams in yards per play allowed. 8th worst in both rushing & passing yards per attempt allowed. That's just not the mark of a good D, and you can't blame it all on the QB. At best, they were a middle of the road defense last year if you give them "constructive credit" for their QB situation. That's definitely a step back.