• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We know how this can go....

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama's QB situation resembles WVU's from a year ago - The Exponent Telegram : WVU

They have a higher rated supporting cast, but bad QB play can bring down any team....just ask the Gators who had one of the best D's in college football and went 4-8. Never know how teams will Gel and if what I have been reading about Bama this spring no one else stepped up and took a commanding lead for QB1. Coker has not played in a year, has never started, and is learning a new offense.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While a comparison to UF is interesting, I believe Bama has a ton of talent at other skill positions.

Without even decent QB play, Bama may have a hard time beating the elite of the SEC next season. However, with their RB Corps... they will simply pound teams to death.

Luckily WVU gets them in the first game. Our defense won't be decimated by injury at that point. It will be interesting to see how the 3-3-5 performs against the Bama pro set.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While a comparison to UF is interesting, I believe Bama has a ton of talent at other skill positions.

Without even decent QB play, Bama may have a hard time beating the elite of the SEC next season. However, with their RB Corps... they will simply pound teams to death.

Luckily WVU gets them in the first game. Our defense won't be decimated by injury at that point. It will be interesting to see how the 3-3-5 performs against the Bama pro set.

Well as we have seen before the NT is critical..you will know how the game will go by just watching that NT and C battle.....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as we have seen before the NT is critical..you will know how the game will go by just watching that NT and C battle.....

Yep... that and whether the OL is getting 3-5 yd push off the LOS every play.

Demoralizing watching SU's OL completely abuse WVU in the Pinstripe Bowl a couple of years ago...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

I've always seen NT play as key to the Defense in the 3-3-5. With some push up the center, the LBs can play their zones and we don't need to cheat a DB up to stop the run. I'll be very impressed if our NTs can hold his ground against the Alabama line.

Frankly, I doubt that we can stop the Alabama rush and they would crush us with a Stew/Mullens type of play calling. Kiffen, however likes to pass and I expect will try to keep balance and use his new QB. It would also be great if we get some fumbles early so they lose confidence in the ground game.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

I've always seen NT play as key to the Defense in the 3-3-5. With some push up the center, the LBs can play their zones and we don't need to cheat a DB up to stop the run. I'll be very impressed if our NTs can hold his ground against the Alabama line.

Frankly, I doubt that we can stop the Alabama rush and they would crush us with a Stew/Mullens type of play calling. Kiffen, however likes to pass and I expect will try to keep balance and use his new QB. It would also be great if we get some fumbles early so they lose confidence in the ground game.

The key is whether a gaurd has to give help on a double team..if a center can handle the nose by himself...trouble!...but if a NT can get a push on the center and drive him back and also engage a double team...like Chris Nield use to do...then the defense can dictate a lot..:drool: