• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: Golden State Warriors vs San Antonio Spurs

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That right there is your problem. You "don't see how" anything other than your own bullshit opinion.

And your bullshit about "people with zero analytical skills" is going to get you banned from this thread.

Bottom line... a superteam is a superteam and all of that bullshit you spew is nothing more than you trying to make up a bunch of bullshit to try and make the Cavs look better.
I hate threats like that. So many of us talk BS on this site and if you banned all of us who said stupid stuff this place would be a ghost town.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate threats like that. So many of us talk BS on this site and if you banned all of us who said stupid stuff this place would be a ghost town.

There is a big difference between the bs most of us post and Wiggy's bullshit. If you can't see that, I can't help you.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a big difference between the bs most of us post and Wiggy's bullshit. If you can't see that, I can't help you.
Fair enough. I don't know Wiggy from Adam but the best thing about this board, in my opinion, is that you can say what you want without the constant threat of banning like you see on other boards. I'll give you the last word.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I don't know Wiggy from Adam but the best thing about this board, in my opinion, is that you can say what you want without the constant threat of banning like you see on other boards. I'll give you the last word.

I have no issue with most of what anyone posts and as you can see, I let almost everything fly. But when one person has repeated issues with virtually everyone else who posts on a forum and it's the same type of issue every single time...that person is the problem.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he just doesnt like to be contradicted- especially when the argument is so strong.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issue with most of what anyone posts and as you can see, I let almost everything fly. But when one person has repeated issues with virtually everyone else who posts on a forum and it's the same type of issue every single time...that person is the problem.
Fair enough.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont get how the refs dont see it when they blow their whistles every second. They call the games tight but they dont know what a screen is compared to a moving screen lol

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those aren't real Warrior fans. Real Warrior fans have been priced out of the games because the team is hot and there's so much damn money in the Silicon Valley and Bay Area it's ridiculous.

I had season tickets with my dad for years when the Warriors were in the shitter. We went from the nosebleeds all the way down to the 4th row by the court. I was there for the We Believe playoff games and those crowds were intense, knowledgable and passionate. These fans you see at the games now are the watered down version.

Most of the fans that I know who are also die hards just watch the games at home from house parties now a days. But you can't blame the fan base for that, it's cyclical. The Warriors have had an intensely loyal fan base for years and sold out games when we had 20 win teams. You can't blame those fans for cashing in at triple the face value for these games.
Agreed. Went to a game in Oakland this year against the Wizards; first time in years. I paid 1,200 dollars for 8 tickets in the rafters. When the Warriors come to Phoenix, we always go and we get excellent seats for 40 dollars each.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont get how the refs dont see it when they blow their whistles every second. They call the games tight but they dont know what a screen is compared to a moving screen lol
the NBA is invested in a Cavs/Warriors series.

the ratings BLEW away any Finals going back quite a bit- it even blew away the Lakers/Celtics Finals with Kg/Kobe...you have to go back to MJ to have better Finals ratings. Pretty amazing that those Lakers/Celtics Finals with the Kobe/Gasol v. Garnett/Pierce teams didnt come close to touching the Cavs/Warriors ratings.

Spurs/Celtics just wont deliver the same as GSW/Cavs.....might have something to do with it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is near impossible to beat a super team that is excellent at shooting 3's but when you add moving screens to get their great shooters more time and space, it is impossible at times.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D-League team is going to be called the Agua Caliente Clipper of Ontario...that's a mouthful. lol

There would only be 2 problems that I could see with moving the Clippers to Ontario.

One is that Citizen's Bank, while a nice venue, only seats 10,832. So the Clips would have to expand the size to about double that. Also, the Inland Empire has been "Lakers Country" forever and the Lakers usually play a couple of pre-season games at Citizens Bank.

Personally, if I'm Ballmer, I'm looking into the Honda Center and seeing if the inroads that the Clippers established back before they moved to Staples are still there.

If they're not, then moving to Ontario might be a good idea. Maybe upgrading Citizens Bank and having a team so close by would attract more folks, especially younger fans who may not be fully Lakers fans yet. It would definitely give them their own area rather than trying to compete directly with the Lakers in same building. Imo, they should at least look into playing a couple of pre-season games there to gauge interest.
All true.

When I, and most people I know, moved to the I.E., We did it for the pace, cost of living.

It was a great cheap alternative to the shinny, fast paced glitz of Los Angeles that is not for everyone or because they simply can't afford it.

The area is not meant to compete with the Hollywood scene.

That's always been what the Clippers are to the Lakers.

So, I see some symbolism there.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They set so many in that game. It was ridiculous

I think the screen/block was OK. He didn't extend his arms outside the shoulder pads and didn't grab -- so no penalty.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, its possible to disagree with someone politically and still like them.

Not the point. Regardless of his political opinion, I watch the NBA for basketball. I've got the same problem with Van Gundy.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the NBA is invested in a Cavs/Warriors series.

the ratings BLEW away any Finals going back quite a bit- it even blew away the Lakers/Celtics Finals with Kg/Kobe...you have to go back to MJ to have better Finals ratings. Pretty amazing that those Lakers/Celtics Finals with the Kobe/Gasol v. Garnett/Pierce teams didnt come close to touching the Cavs/Warriors ratings.

Spurs/Celtics just wont deliver the same as GSW/Cavs.....might have something to do with it.

When I posted the refs would favor the Cavs and Warriors this round I got shouted down. But of course it's a factor. How much history of the NBA do we need for proof?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the point. Regardless of his political opinion, I watch the NBA for basketball. I've got the same problem with Van Gundy.

No it is the point. A person's politics should have no effect on how much you enjoy or appreciate their talent or skill at a sport. Don't you have relatives or friends you disagree with politically but still like? If not: Sad!