• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: Golden State Warriors vs San Antonio Spurs

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the play, sober, I have decided that I still hope ZAZA gets AIDS and he's a dirty piece of shit.
I think Pop succinctly and accurately described the situation. I absolutely do not think Pop would ever go after a player just for the hell of it. He went after ZaZa because he truly believed he was out of line- and I agree with Pop.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Einstein that IS the team that usually wins the most games. I just can't with you....
Nope. the Cavs don't play defense unless they have to and they are the NBA champions.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Einstein that IS the team that usually wins the most games. I just can't with you....
Here's a better one. The team that wins the most games in the playoffs is always the NBA Champion. I'll take my team over yours.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldridge has zero reputation for being a dirty player
Quit trying to find a fucking ZAPRUDER FILM breakdown to justify ZaZa and his lifetime of crap.

Zasa is known as one of the dirtiest scumbag pieces of shit in the league.

If Curry had hurt Leonard, I dont think it would be that big of a deal.
He doesnt have a reputation.

Zasa does.

He is universally despised as the least liked player in the NBA and rookies are warned about his low rent dirty plays.

In that context, it does make the play look a lot less accidental.

Wasn't to imply Aldridge is a dirty player, just providing context that this type of event happens a lot despite intent.

I understand based on Zaza's past history why one might jump to a conclusion that there would be intent. Just pointing out that this type of situation happens on a nightly basis in every NBA game.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pop succinctly and accurately described the situation. I absolutely do not think Pop would ever go after a player just for the hell of it. He went after ZaZa because he truly believed he was out of line- and I agree with Pop.

Sorry. Popovich looks like a hypocrite. From the article just posted, he used to defend Bruce Bowen who did this on a regular basis. There's at least a dozen you tube clips that I could post. What does it have to do with Kawhi and Zaza? Nothing. It's more about Pop's rants and the Spurs fans crying bloody murder.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a better one. The team that wins the most games in the playoffs is always the NBA Champion. I'll take my team over yours.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just about to post this, but you beat me to it.

Again, coach defending his player? OMG that's so weird....

Call out people for bashing Bruce Bowen. Call out people for Kawhi's injury. Same thing man. Of course Pop is going to bat for his players. That's what good coaches do, even if they don't fully believe it. They have to.

It doesn't shock me. His players will respond, he has their back. Also not unheard of. But at the same time, you have to take into account that you were on the other side of it defending YOUR player (Bowen).

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between what aldridge did and what Zaza did is that Curry was lunging forward after the shot, Aldridge's foot was actually in front of the 3 point line, Kawhi was going backwards as it was in the corner, and Zaza reached his foot all the way back.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't shock me. His players will respond, he has their back. Also not unheard of. But at the same time, you have to take into account that you were on the other side of it defending YOUR player (Bowen).

Oh, no that was mostly directly towards Wiggy, at which I posted before it was shocking for a coach to defend his players. In agreement with you here.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between what aldridge did and what Zaza did is that Curry was lunging forward after the shot, Aldridge's foot was actually in front of the 3 point line, Kawhi was going backwards as it was in the corner, and Zaza reached his foot all the way back.

If a player is falling away from you, how do you contest his shot? By keeping moving forward towards him. Curry's shot was him stepping up into the shot, therefor Aldridge's contest doesn't need to be a full sell out because his momentum will cause him to run into him for a foul. However when a player is fading away, you need to continue pressing forward, otherwise it creates the separation the shooter was looking for initially.

JkShaz821

Associate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't to imply Aldridge is a dirty player, just providing context that this type of event happens a lot despite intent.

I understand based on Zaza's past history why one might jump to a conclusion that there would be intent. Just pointing out that this type of situation happens on a nightly basis in every NBA game.
Even though I personally don't think ZaZa is dirty and it is hard for me to see intent there, it is also hard to deny that the smoke is building and it's getting harder to imagine there is no fire there.

I still remember him leveling Westbrook and towering over him. Not saying that was dirty either but makes it harder to image him as some lovable derpy player who just doesn't know what he is doing.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a player is falling away from you, how do you contest his shot? By keeping moving forward towards him. Curry's shot was him stepping up into the shot, therefor Aldridge's contest doesn't need to be a full sell out because his momentum will cause him to run into him for a foul. However when a player is fading away, you need to continue pressing forward, otherwise it creates the separation the shooter was looking for initially.
He went forward after the shot was well off though, other than that I agree.

It's pretty obvious it was dirty and there was intent, only people defending Zaza are GS fans, and that's why no one is taking you guys seriously.

Not like it matters anyway, it's over with.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, we have a game 7 coming up, let's all go over to the Wiz/C's thread

come on guys, lt's all go together.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I personally don't think ZaZa is dirty and it is hard for me to see intent there, it is also hard to deny that the smoke is building and it's getting harder to imagine there is no fire there.

I still remember him leveling Westbrook and towering over him. Not saying that was dirty either but makes it harder to image him as some lovable derpy player who just doesn't know what he is doing.

I've acknowledged Pachulia's history is definitely an issue. I'll call a spade a spade. But in this instance, it's incredibly hard for a person to step under a shooter fading away and try to get under him with any sort of accuracy. I'd argue it'd be much easier to determine intent if say Kawhi was shooting straight up and or had momentum going towards the basket. But in the case of a shooter fading away, you have to do your best to close out otherwise the shooter gets his clean look that he wanted.

If Kawhi eyeballed Pachulia, squared up and took a straight up shot and landed on Pachulia, I wouldn't have a problem with anyone calling him dirty for that. But if you watch the play, he's closing out on a fade-away shooter, which means he's selling out hard for it. On top of that his eyes are always focused on the shot, and he has no idea exactly where Kawhi's foot is going to land.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ding ding ding!

And Pachulia does not have the dexterity or body control to avoid getting in Leonard's way.

What is crazy is that if Leonard were not so off balance and were able to land on 2 feet, he probably doesn't get hurt. If he had not rolled the same ankle twice before in the recent past, he probably doesn't get hurt. If Leonard doesn't get hurt, nobody even mentions this play.

I get that people are upset. Leonard is one of the best players in the NBA and perhaps had the best chance to topple the mighty Warriors. Everyone wants to see Kawhi on the floor, especially since the playoffs up until now have been pretty boring. I am disappointed he will likely miss time.

Still doesn't make the play dirty.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's pretty obvious it was dirty and there was intent, only people defending Zaza are GS fans, and that's why no one is taking you guys seriously.

I've seen plenty of other people "defending" Zaza that aren't Warrior fans. I'm also not defending him in the traditional sense. I hate the play. I do. I wish there was a rule against it, because again the Warriors would benefit from this hugely. What I'm arguing is that people are sold that from an intent standpoint that it was there, when it's ambiguous at best. If you're arguing it is based off of Pachulia's history and think it's in his nature, fine. I can't argue that. But if you're viewing the play individually, there's nothing dirty about it.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen plenty of other people "defending" Zaza that aren't Warrior fans. I'm also not defending him in the traditional sense. I hate the play. I do. I wish there was a rule against it, because again the Warriors would benefit from this hugely. What I'm arguing is that people are sold that from an intent standpoint that it was there, when it's ambiguous at best. If you're arguing it is based off of Pachulia's history and think it's in his nature, fine. I can't argue that. But if you're viewing the play individually, there's nothing dirty about it.
Oh, we're good then. I can understand saying there was no intent, because it's hard to judge that. But to say it's not a bullshit play, or bring up Bruce Bowen from 15 years ago, is a cop out.

Respect tho playa, let's go to the Wiz/C's thread now, come on, let's all go, united as one.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not just GS fans - it's all objective fans that can see there was no intent.