• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Way too early top 25

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn wins the national championship next year book it.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn wins the national championship next year book it.

It will be a shame to see Pearl in different colors. That Tennessee orange tie really matches the color of his face

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be a shame to see Pearl in different colors. That Tennessee orange tie really matches the color of his face

If he really puts his heart into it I bet he can hit burnt orange.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is something to be said about history....which I think really is a testimony to depth and a revolving door of talent.

But looking at cuse who loses Ennis and had no one else to lead from the point...I'm a bit insecure.

We all know Cooney isn't taking SU to the promised land. Ron Patterson was highly recruited out of HS but bombed out of IU and ended up at SU after a year of prep. Everyone says he's no Ennis, much less ready to lead SU to the promised land....which Ennis couldn't do.

Losing all the points Fair put up and also Keita's minutes at the 5 spot the baseline will have much to prove and I'm not feeling it just yet. Gbinije has a spark. Patterson too...but both are young and not big men by any means. That leaves Coleman and Christmas who I'm not thinking many call them point machines.

Add all that up....without a great guard to run the point, SU is going to be average. So unless the Patterson is all that and a bag of chips, next year looks like a year for everyone to establish themselves for the following year.

Jonvi, your forgetting about how Roberson will have his break out year, Kaleb Joseph will be our new Johnny Flynn type small athletic in your face guard, and Mcullough will provide minutes. Next season is a season of expectations. We are going to have a rough start but I said it here, we will be playing the second weekend!!

But yes, assuming Kaleb and Mcullough stay, our 2015 recruits are banging already so that'd be our next best shot.

BTW Coleman won't be practicing until the fall unfortunately, his injury was horrible, we will only ever seen minor minutes from here on out unfortunately.p, our burgers boys a bust.

Last edited by a moderator:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonvi, your forgetting about how Roberson will have his break out year, Kaleb Joseph will be our new Johnny Flynn type small athletic in your face guard, and Mcullough will provide minutes. Next season is a season of expectations. We are going to have a rough start but I said it here, we will be playing the second weekend!!

But yes, assuming Kaleb and Mcullough stay, our 2015 recruits are banging already so that'd be our next best shot.

BTW Coleman won't be practicing until the fall unfortunately, his injury was horrible, we will only ever seen minor minutes from here on out unfortunately.p, our burgers boys a bust.

Interesting post csb.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonvi will take that action but you might have to get him to throw in a car and his 401k to make it equal.

I'll take that bet.....Auburn plays for the tie.

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'll just comment on the Big Ten since I don't really follow college hoops a whole lot outside the B1G.

4. Wisconsin - Seems about right. The only significant player they are losing is Ben Brust and with Sam Dekker and Frank Kaminsky committing on returning for their junior and senior seasons, I can see them being legit NC contenders. The one thing I will say though is next year is going to have to be the year, because they'll be losing Kaminsky, Jackson, Gasser, and Dukan and maybe Dekker to the NBA if he decides to opt out of his senior season.

17. Michigan - WAY too low, even if they are losing Stauskas and Robinson. Why? Well, just look at last year. Everyone said they'd be down after losing Burke and Hardaway and they still came back and won the Big Ten, even with Mitch McGary being out for practically the entire season. They are only losing Jordan Morgan for seniors and the overall talent they bring back will still be talented enough to contend with Wisconsin for the Big Ten title.

18. Michigan State - Too high. I know that's sort of a stupid thing to say for a Tom Izzo team, but with what they are going to be losing in the off-season, I just don't see them being able to hang with Wisconsin and Michigan, let alone the rest of the nation. Payne and Appling are two pretty big losses and I don't doubt Gary Harris makes the jump to the NBA, especially with a few people already deciding to stay for another season of college basketball and giving some more opportunities for higher draft stocks. I hear Dawson is on the fence for the NBA as well, which would hurt Sparty even more. I do think MSU is a Top 25 team, but I do think 18 is a little high.

25. Iowa - This is one I'm not sure what to think of. If we're talking about pure talent, the Hawkeyes are without a doubt a Top 25 team. However, the last two seasons, they haven't lived up to it. Last year they closed out the year 1-8 and the year before they played pedestrian ball in Big Ten play before going on a big run in the NIT before losing to Baylor in the championship. Unless Fran McCaffrey can figure out how to get his team to show up for Big Ten play, Iowa is going to struggle to not only make the Top 25, but even make the NCAA tourney.

HM. Ohio State - Losing Craft, Della Valle, and Smith Jr. are going to hurt and Ross deciding to declare for the NBA REALLY hurts. However, much like Tom Izzo, I have a hard time doubting Thad Matta. The guy continues to bring in top tier talent and at least has his team contending for Big Ten titles. Granted, things didn't quite go as planned this past season and I don't see OSU competing with Wisconsin and Michigan, but I can see them hanging around the Top 25. Scott, Thompson, and McDonald are pretty solid players and both Loving and Temple transfer Anthony Lee should also be able to help Ohio State hang around.

HM. Nebraska - WAY too low. These guys should be in the Top 25. I mean, c'mon. Tim Miles took a team that wasn't even supposed to be in the top half of the conference, and got them to finish 4th in the B1G and best part, the whole team outside of Ray Gallegos is coming back next year. Nebraska has one of the most talented sophomore classes in the country (will be juniors next year) in Shields, Petteway, and Pitchford...okay, maybe not the best, but certainly one of the most unheralded. I think Nebraska might even be able to make the jump to 3rd in the B1G next year and certainly the Top 25.

Teams that weren't mentioned and probably should've been.

Minnesota - Okay, does anyone else think its hilarious that SMU finished as the runners-up in the NIT and ESPN is awarding them a Top 25 spot, yet, Minnesota the team that beat them doesn't even get mentioned? The only key contributors they are losing are Austin Hollins and Malik Smith! Trust me, I think the Gophers overachieved in Rich Pitino's first season and I think they'll only continue to get better. Mark my words, I think the Gophers could be contending for a Top 25 spot this year. I certainly think they'll make the jump into the tourney.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said Michigan would be down? They were #7 and #9 preseason, and were #7 and #8 entering the tourney. Michigan was an awful defensive team who relied on two of the best shooters in America to offset their weaknesses. Their shooters are gone. Michigan's not gonna finish as the #1 offense for the third year in a row, and they've never shown a defense to overcome that.

The truth is the B1G is going to be way down next year. OSU and MSU are going to be their weakest in years. Michigan is down from the last two and belongs between 15 and 20. Iowa and Nebraska should both be tourney teams, but are top 25 borderline at best. Illinois is bringing in a good bunch of transfers, and along with Minnesota should fight for a tourney spot. But despite eight teams with legitimate tourney potential (I also wouldn't count out Maryland, so 9 possibly), there's only one team that should be relevant on the national stage. That team, of course, is us. And us at #4 is a joke. The only team with any argument to be ranked above us is Arizona.

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said Michigan would be down? They were #7 and #9 preseason, and were #7 and #8 entering the tourney. Michigan was an awful defensive team who relied on two of the best shooters in America to offset their weaknesses. Their shooters are gone. Michigan's not gonna finish as the #1 offense for the third year in a row, and they've never shown a defense to overcome that.

The truth is the B1G is going to be way down next year. OSU and MSU are going to be their weakest in years. Michigan is down from the last two and belongs between 15 and 20. Iowa and Nebraska should both be tourney teams, but are top 25 borderline at best. Illinois is bringing in a good bunch of transfers, and along with Minnesota should fight for a tourney spot. But despite eight teams with legitimate tourney potential (I also wouldn't count out Maryland, so 9 possibly), there's only one team that should be relevant on the national stage. That team, of course, is us. And us at #4 is a joke. The only team with any argument to be ranked above us is Arizona.

Fair enough, but I will say that Michigan does still have a few good shooters, especially Zak Irvin (who I think will make a Caris LaVert, Frank Kaminsky-esque improvement next year.) Also, I do think that ranking did also depend on Mitch McGary being a big contributor to the team last year which he obviously wasn't due to injury. Personally, I do think Michigan will finish 2nd in the Big and a Top 10 team, but I do think 17 is a little low.

I think in regards to NC contenders, I agree the B1G will be down. I certainly don't see them getting three teams in the Elite Eight next year if that is what you are implying. Although I can see them getting more teams in the tourney field. The B1G is only going to have a couple of great teams and a bunch of good teams.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is probably true, although I think there is a long offseason to think about and who knows what will happen with michigan. But one thing I will say is that Duke will be very good next year, and the freshmen they bring in will be much more ready to buy into the team game than the Kentucky frosh were at the start of the season. Tyus Jones isn't looking to put up 15 or hell even 10 shots a game. He is a court general. Okafor provides them with a true center for the first time in I don't know how long. Justice Winslow is going to play DEFENSE i promise you that....wish like hell he decided to come to us instead of Duke.

If those frosh can figure out Coach K's defensive schemes they will be very dangerous, with the most potential of any team a la Kentucky this year (but with much more experience).

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is probably true, although I think there is a long offseason to think about and who knows what will happen with michigan. But one thing I will say is that Duke will be very good next year, and the freshmen they bring in will be much more ready to buy into the team game than the Kentucky frosh were at the start of the season. Tyus Jones isn't looking to put up 15 or hell even 10 shots a game. He is a court general. Okafor provides them with a true center for the first time in I don't know how long. Justice Winslow is going to play DEFENSE i promise you that....wish like hell he decided to come to us instead of Duke.

If those frosh can figure out Coach K's defensive schemes they will be very dangerous, with the most potential of any team a la Kentucky this year (but with much more experience).

I think he was talking about just the B1G when he was making those comments.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan will be a top 1-15 team, depending on who returns....most likely 8-10 range, if two of the possible three, split for the draft. If McGary returns at 100% and GR3 follows suit, Michigan is a top 5 team.

And now to post Lunardi's waaaaaaay too effin' early bracketology...

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't speak for MSU, but I don't think OSU will be worse next year. We have a very strong class coming in and I think our guys coming back will step up and be much better. Not that we're going to be top 10 material, but we weren't that good this past year anyways.