• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Way too early top 25

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems OK. I'd shuffle it some, but in general the places are where they should be.

I think you have to put Wisconsin at #1 considering they beat Arizona and lose less.

Wichita State seems high. They lose a lot. Louisville also seems high. They lose everything.

Georgetown is going to be good next year. Definitely Top 25.

UConn is getting Rodney Purvis. I didn't even know that. They are going to be a force. Can they still come back to the Big East? :scratch:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be sure to pencil in Houston in the "also receiving votes" column, bishes!

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska has everyone back after they finished 4th in the Big 10 this year.

They have got to be up there somewhere close.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea, what's up with having Iowa up there? They stunk and they lose their best player.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona Wildcats, Duke Blue Devils headline early Top 25 for 2014-15 men's college basketball season - ESPN

1. Arizona
2. Duke
3. Kentucky
4. Wisconsin
5. Wichita St.
6. North Carolina
7. Virginia
8. Florida
9. Kansas
10. Connecticut
11. SMU
12. Louisville
13. Villanova
14. VCU
15. Gonzaga
16. Iowa St.
17. Michigan
18. Michigan St.
19. Texas
20. Oklahoma
21. Syracuse
22. UCLA
23. Oregon
24. Kansas St.
25. Iowa

Texas maybe way too low. They are the favorites for Myles Turner and return everything. Probably should be the Big 12 favorites if that happens. Laughing at UK at #3. There is no way that is correct. It is all about the NBA draft.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas maybe way too low. They are the favorites for Myles Turner and return everything. Probably should be the Big 12 favorites if that happens. Laughing at UK at #3. There is no way that is correct. It is all about the NBA draft.

Agreed. We don't lose a single player. And here is a blurb from a recent article about our chances with Turner:

Turner's goal isn't just to play in the NBA, it's to play for 15 years in the NBA, so he's always been plenty willing to go away to Kansas or Duke or some other school farther away from Dallas if that's what seemed best, but all else being equal, the Turners would be delighted to have him closer to home, where it would be easier for his father to attend games. In that light, it's hard to overstate the importance of Rick Barnes' rather incredible turnaround this season. Not only did we have a successful season -- including a win over Kansas -- but we did so in part on the tremendous development of Cam Ridley.
Add it all up, and what do we have? We've got the allure of a winning season by a young team that will be back in full next year; we've got professionals like Kevin Durant and Lamarcus Aldridge telling Myles Turner that Texas is a great place to play for fulfilling his NBA ambitions; we've got the Godfather of Texas basketball (John Lucas) and his son validating Barnes and Texas as an attractive destination for Turner and his goals; and we've got the final word.

Could you imagine a starting lineup of 6'7 Holmes at the 3; 7 foot Turner at the 4; 6'10 Ridley at the 5. With 6'11 Conner Lammert and 7 foot Prince Ibeh coming off the bench.

Next year might be a very good one for the Horns.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its crazy that Zona could lose a top-5 national player and top-10 national freshman and still be in contention for the top preseason spot, but it seems accurate.

The additions of Junior Brandon Ashley and Freshman Stanley Johnson is not a bad replacement for Junior Nick Johnson and Freshman Aaron Gordon.

Some lesser additions in freshmen Parker Jackson-Cartwright and Craig Victor and transfer Kadeem Allen should provide more depth.

If Nick surprises and returns they should be a lock for the top spot.

Now if only that top spot mattered :-)

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand WHY you are saying you should be preseason #1 in the big 12....but I also think bill self could lose his whole starting lineup again and it would again be very stupid to do anything but pick Kansas to win the Big-12. Until someone actually takes the crown, Kansas has that preseason distinction locked up

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand WHY you are saying you should be preseason #1 in the big 12....but I also think bill self could lose his whole starting lineup again and it would again be very stupid to do anything but pick Kansas to win the Big-12. Until someone actually takes the crown, Kansas has that preseason distinction locked up
-
That could happen, but simply playing the pre-season game. Texas was a surprise this year. They lacked a little scoring punch and could get a big help there. The easy thing about Texas is it does not take a leap of faith to move them up. Return everyone and are likely to get a top 10 recruit. Each year is different. You can only factor in the expected talent on the roster. WIth the likley losses of Wiggins and Embiid, Texas should be better. I wouldnt put a lot of money on it, but that is what it looks like now.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha "legion of hungry Arizona fans." Couldn't have said it better myself.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
That could happen, but simply playing the pre-season game. Texas was a surprise this year. They lacked a little scoring punch and could get a big help there. The easy thing about Texas is it does not take a leap of faith to move them up. Return everyone and are likely to get a top 10 recruit. Each year is different. You can only factor in the expected talent on the roster. WIth the likley losses of Wiggins and Embiid, Texas should be better. I wouldnt put a lot of money on it, but that is what it looks like now.

Alexander + Oubre > Turner (also turner isn't yet on your team haha, but I wouldn't be mad if you guys got him, although I prefer he ends at SMU I think they would be fun to watch next year if he does)

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so shitty at this. Reference SU, they are losing Ennis, Fair and Keita. Grant is a good potential to go. That's a lot to lose. Then add in the early defections from previous years....SU is empty.

Depending on how strong the ACC is next year, SU could be looking at a NIT bound season. I wouldn't have SU in my T25. I'm not even willing to give them honorable mention.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Michigan is placed that low because they are anticipating 2 of the big 3 leaving..

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alexander + Oubre > Turner (also turner isn't yet on your team haha, but I wouldn't be mad if you guys got him, although I prefer he ends at SMU I think they would be fun to watch next year if he does)

Actually Mundiay and Turner would be a scary addition to SMU. Comments from the Texas players indicated they were convinced his was coming to Texas. But starting 5 +Turner > Oubre and Alexander. I am not makign a call, just saying Texas should be the odds on favorite to win the Big 12 if current expectations play out. I am not enamored with Barnes, so a flop wouldnt surprise me either.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so shitty at this. Reference SU, they are losing Ennis, Fair and Keita. Grant is a good potential to go. That's a lot to lose. Then add in the early defections from previous years....SU is empty.

Depending on how strong the ACC is next year, SU could be looking at a NIT bound season. I wouldn't have SU in my T25. I'm not even willing to give them honorable mention.
-
You are the flip side of DCCats argument. Voters look at Cuse and see a team devoid of their usual talent, but its Cuse lets rank them.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
You are the flip side of DCCats argument. Voters look at Cuse and see a team devoid of their usual talent, but its Cuse lets rank them.

There is something to be said about history....which I think really is a testimony to depth and a revolving door of talent.

But looking at cuse who loses Ennis and had no one else to lead from the point...I'm a bit insecure.

We all know Cooney isn't taking SU to the promised land. Ron Patterson was highly recruited out of HS but bombed out of IU and ended up at SU after a year of prep. Everyone says he's no Ennis, much less ready to lead SU to the promised land....which Ennis couldn't do.

Losing all the points Fair put up and also Keita's minutes at the 5 spot the baseline will have much to prove and I'm not feeling it just yet. Gbinije has a spark. Patterson too...but both are young and not big men by any means. That leaves Coleman and Christmas who I'm not thinking many call them point machines.

Add all that up....without a great guard to run the point, SU is going to be average. So unless the Patterson is all that and a bag of chips, next year looks like a year for everyone to establish themselves for the following year.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CBS

CBSSports.com 2014-15 Ridiculously Early Preseason Top 25 (and one) - CBSSports.com

1. Duke
2. Arizona
3. Wisconsin
4. Kansas
5. Florida
6. North Carolina
7. Kentucky
8. Wichita St
9. Texas
10.Virginia
11. Villanova
12. SMU
13. San Diego St
14. Iowa St
15. Gonzaga
16. Oklahoma
17. Nebraska
18. VCU
19. Connecticut
20. Michigan
21. Louisville
22. Ohio St
23. Pittsburgh
24. Michigan St
25. Stanford

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Switch Carolina and Wichita State.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida 5th? They lose so much I can't justify that even with billy d at the helm