• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wawrinka acuses Nadal of cheating!

simtast204

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LONDON (AP)

Stanislas Wawrinka finds it hard enough playing against his nemesis Rafael Nadal - without the Spaniard receiving extra help from his coach.

Once again, the Swiss player failed to win a set against Nadal, losing 7-6 (5), 7-6 (6) to his top-ranked opponent at the ATP World Tour Finals on Wednesday.

It was his 12th loss in as many matches against the Spaniard.
Wawrinka, who can still reach the semifinals, regretted the fact that Nadal wasn't penalized for coaching by his uncle Toni. Nadal did receive a warning for slow play.
Wawrinka says ''I didn't agree with the umpire that he didn't tell him something or he didn't give him second warning, just because it was Rafa.''
Wawrinka adds ''Before every point, he (Toni) was trying to coach him.''

....thats not good!!!:nod::nod::nod::nod:

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kiddin'...watched the entire awesome match and had no idea.

simtast204

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LONDON (AP)

Stanislas Wawrinka finds it hard enough playing against his nemesis Rafael Nadal - without the Spaniard receiving extra help from his coach.

Once again, the Swiss player failed to win a set against Nadal, losing 7-6 (5), 7-6 (6) to his top-ranked opponent at the ATP World Tour Finals on Wednesday.

Wawrinka, who can still reach the semifinals, regretted the fact that Nadal wasn't penalized for coaching by his uncle Toni. Nadal did receive a warning for slow play.
Wawrinka says ''I didn't agree with the umpire that he didn't tell him something or he didn't give him second warning, just because it was Rafa.''

...PARDON MY SPELLING.....!!!!:doh:

NADAL2005RG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironically, Nadal beat Berdych, allowing Wawrinka to make the semis....
4637806_l2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nothing ironic about Nadal beating Berdych under any circumstances.

Try not to use words you don't understand.

NADAL2005RG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nothing ironic about Nadal beating Berdych under any circumstances.

Try not to use words you don't understand.

I know, that's why I put the Alanis Morissette picture. See, her song "Ironic" was criticized because its lyrics featured several phrases that were not examples of irony.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LONDON (AP)

He is just a whining twerp. He should get over whatever he perceived as coaching otherwise Rafa will be in his head for a long time.

NADAL2005RG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Djokovic absolutely hammered Wawrinka in the semi. Nadal must do everything himself....

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nadal does cheat.

this is an indisputable fact.

i have no problem with it because, IMO, since the ATP doesn't seem to care about illegal coaching or enforce it with any semblance logic, they might as well just get rid of the rule.

NADAL2005RG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean Uncle Toni cheats. The player isn't coaching. Or the umpire cheats by not enforcing it. Either way, Rafael Nadal isn't the cheat.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players are not supposed to receive coaching. It is supposed to result in point/game/set/match losses, in that order, for each infraction, just like any other such as racquet or ball abuse.

Nadal does indeed cheat by receiving coaching from his uncle.

This is an indisputable fac that even the most simple child would understand.

As I said, however, since the ATP doesn't enforce the rule well at all, they might as well just get rid of it. I don't blame Rafa or any other player for cheating with coaching if the governing body doesn't adhere to the very rule prohibiting it.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean Uncle Toni cheats. The player isn't coaching. Or the umpire cheats by not enforcing it. Either way, Rafael Nadal isn't the cheat.

Come on, don't be too cute by half. If coaching during the game is against the rules, then it is cheating by any form and claiming the player who receives the benefit is not cheating is ridiculous. I am not against Nadal. In fact he is one of my favorites. That the rule itself is nebulous and unenforceable is another thing. To me the rule is silly since for example, on the women side, Justine Henin we all know received a lot of coaching over the years from Carlos without any consequence.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am more concerned with the grunting that is not enforced. Players are basically screaming when they swing at the ball. Not only is it a distraction, it takes away any chance of an opponent picking up the sound of the ball. That is a big disadvantage, especially if a player is hitting every other shot thin. Not to mention that it is impossible to tell if a ball is mis-hit without the audio.

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am more concerned with the grunting that is not enforced. Players are basically screaming when they swing at the ball. Not only is it a distraction, it takes away any chance of an opponent picking up the sound of the ball. That is a big disadvantage, especially if a player is hitting every other shot thin. Not to mention that it is impossible to tell if a ball is mis-hit without the audio.

Agreed! It's unwatchable, both men and women with all that noise on court! Looking at classic matches, some guys were even quiet during the serve! Today's players might be hitting a drop volley and you'd think they exerted every ounce of energy they could muster to make the shot! :wtf2: :lame: :noidea: :gaah: After that, I fault all the "toweling off!" That's what's really dragging these matches out to 3+ hours besides the relentless rallies! Speeding up the matches has been about as successful as the NFL trying to cut time off football games! They can still go 4 hours if QB's are chucking the ball over over the place; incompletes, running out of bounds, timeouts/challenges, OT's, and penalties dragging games out to the max! :noidea: Next would be the coaching! Fine, you won, but what's that say about him when playing against some kid who's out there by himself, fighting Rafa, bad line calls, and Uncle Tony? It doesn't say much about his ability or confidence that he needs all that to pull matches out!

Last edited by a moderator:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm sick of the euphemism "grunting"

for the guys, it's yelling or sometimes moaning

for the girls, it's SHREEEEKING and HOWLING

it's ridiculous

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is true. However, Nadal may be cheating by other ways.