• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Washington @ Stanford - 7:30pm PST - ESPN

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OD is a true Ducks fan. True homer through a loss or win and keeps it fun. I can dig that cause there got to be a point the past couple years were many Ducks fans were acting so elitist and wound tight, they completely lost any sense of humor and would lash out at any Duck fans who could laugh at themselves. It would suck all the air out of the room and make people not even want to spend much time around here.

Enjoy your teams through thick and thin and keep it fun. What it should always be about.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you never lose you really won't appreciate how special it is to run the table. USC fans used to be insufferable when on any of their numerous runs and look around the board at any other team that has recently.

At the end of the day these are kids we are all obsessing over. Many not old enough to drink yet. Hell, there might be only 4 starters on our team that can walk into a bar. They are full students and have to master playing a sport in front of millions when it comes to TV audiences. It's really amazing to me how many excel at all. The disparity and surprises of kids going way above, or way below expectation is part of the draw of it. You really never know what you are going to see out there. Upsets are the rule at times and unbeatable teams falter.

I don't tend to dwell on losses for long. I was over the last SB by the next day. I have friends that you STILL can't bring it up around or they freak. I mean really? The duck game? I was over that before I got home, but then I got about what I expected with Adams back. I'm not the one out there on the field. I didn't lose anything and I sure don't take the losses the way those kids do.

I love my team and have stood behind them through the darkest of times. Hell, I'm also a Mariners fan and have watched them stink miserably at baseball for all but maybe 5 years of their existence? :noidea:

Anyone that would change teams because theirs is down or entirely quit aren't really 'fanatics'. But being a fan doesn't necessarily mean you have to be blind to reality. I know when my teams aren't in good position to win. It means I don't have to fall off the rails when they lose.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got an avy bet with SUBuddha, I have to say, win or lose, I'm excited to get out of this effed up thing mamba gave me...
Here are two options for you good sir:

Attachments

• 2642_display_image.gif
    2642_display_image.gif
    19 KB · Views: 8
  • fear the tree.jpg
    fear the tree.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 10
  • helmet.jpeg
    helmet.jpeg
    17.2 KB · Views: 9

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game was not as close as I expected. Your team D is legit (to use an OD term).
Yeah, it's tough to keep it close without much offense.it's a young team though, the D isn't going anywhere anytime soon, there's time for the offense to catch up. If/when that happens, watch out Pac North.

Your team is damn impressive this year. Wouldn't mind seeing you guys finishing it out and getting a playoff spot.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how if someone is a die hard fan and simply believes in their team they suddenly are not real.

you guys are hilarious. I've said it before, and I will continue to say it, I will NEVER apologize for my belief in Oregon. I'm a fan.

Nothing wrong with that. You can be a little over the top sometimes, but that's a big part of what keeps it fun. Fan is short for fanatic after all.