• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Future QB Vote

What is the best choice to acquire our franchise QB?

• We already have him! Roll with Howell.

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Trade for Justin Fields

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Draft Maye at #2

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Draft Daniels at #2

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This will not go over well with the Daniels hate crowd, but here goes. I am ready for the boos and negative reactions. I have come to expect it here.

As stated several times, whichever qb we get, I will support and be excited for. It is an exciting time to be a fan of the team.

That being said, I find it odd that daniels continues to be attacked non stop by the agenda posting crowd and not one critique of maye has ever been mentioned by some of you.

Some of you must have a PhD in agenda posting. It's sadly getting worse on this board thanks to a few posters here.

Williams, JJ, maye, and daniels all have great strengths and some weaknesses. They are all very talented qbs who are worthy to be drafted high in my opinion. I will support whoever we take. The same can clearly not be said about some of you and daniels. Daniels could be a bust...we don't know. Some claim they know...but they clearly dont....they just don't.

I have concerns about all 4 qbs. I prefer daniels, but I can see the other 3 being franchise qbs who lead their teams to the postseason with regularity. However, the amount of hate daniels gets here is nonsensical.

Maybe some think LSU sux.
Maybe some of you think Daniels is proped up by an elite offense.
Maybe some don't like daniels because of his race. I hope not!!
Maybe think he is too small.
Maybe some think his hands aren't big enough.
Maybe some think he doesn't have the ability to process NFL defenses.

I have no clue but I can tell you that there are more reasons given to dislike daniels than reasons for the other 3 qbs combined. I find that odd given that many pundits have him as the 2nd best qb in the draft, but arrogant posters here already claim he should be off the board and have some sort of hair trigger.

I have no idea who will be the better pro. I don't.
But I do know some of the knocks on here are ridiculous. Support williams, JJ, or maye, but dismissing college stats, making up absurd reasons to dislike daniels, and posting puff pieces on Maye multiple times a day are irresponsible.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This will not go over well with the Daniels hate crowd, but here goes. I am ready for the boos and negative reactions. I have come to expect it here.

As stated several times, whichever qb we get, I will support and be excited for. It is an exciting time to be a fan of the team.

That being said, I find it odd that daniels continues to be attacked non stop by the agenda posting crowd and not one critique of maye has ever been mentioned by some of you.

Some of you must have a PhD in agenda posting. It's sadly getting worse on this board thanks to a few posters here.

Williams, JJ, maye, and daniels all have great strengths and some weaknesses. They are all very talented qbs who are worthy to be drafted high in my opinion. I will support whoever we take. The same can clearly not be said about some of you and daniels. Daniels could be a bust...we don't know. Some claim they know...but they clearly dont....they just don't.

I have concerns about all 4 qbs. I prefer daniels, but I can see the other 3 being franchise qbs who lead their teams to the postseason with regularity. However, the amount of hate daniels gets here is nonsensical.

I have no clue but I can tell you that there are more reasons given to dislike daniels than reasons for the other 3 qbs combined. I find that odd given that many pundits have him as the 2nd best qb in the draft, but arrogant posters here already claim he should be off the board and have some sort of hair trigger.

But I do know some of the knocks on here are ridiculous. Support williams, JJ, or maye, but dismissing college stats, making up absurd reasons to dislike daniels, and posting puff pieces on Maye multiple times a day are irresponsible.
BOO HISS BOO DUKe , no just kidding , i am at where you are at . people like their guy , i am not a JJ fan but ok . i like penix or nix in a trade down scenario

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOO HISS BOO DUKe , no just kidding , i am at where you are at . people like their guy , i am not a JJ fan but ok . i like penix or nix in a trade down scenario
Lol...skinsdad is dukes therapist...again.
You have served in that role for 10 years now?

Skinsdad = licensed commanders fan therapist

Agreed that nix and pennix could be the guy skinsdad.

I have not considered that scenario but you are right. They could be it my friend!

Whoever it is...they have my support 100%.

We have a championship to win brother.

Last edited:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was a good read duke. Thanks for the link. Jayden's hands measured bigger than Brady's and Mahomes.

I've tried my best to support the guy I want them to take without bashing the others. It's gotten hard. It's inevitable. I've actually thought about stepping away from the board until the pick is made just to protect myself from bashing Maye or JJ. Everyone wants their guy. It's natural this time of year.

Lately the talk is Maye might have to sit a year. I don't buy that. I also don't buy that Jayden runs around and plays backyard football. Honestly that's more Caleb's game, who I really like as well.

End of the day we all have to just cross our fingers, hope Harris picked right with Peters, and hope Peters picks right with this pick. It will all be over soon duke. Lol

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ther reason Daniels is getting ”attacked” is simple…you can’t attack his statistics and many players throughout history have had tremendous statistics but field in the NFL. When you read things about a player, there are certain things you will read and it will hit harder on you. The ball does not snap out of Daniels’ hands. His arm strength is questionable. His frame is very slight. These are attributes that scare some people.

You don’t hear people “attacking” Maye because you do not want to hear it. People are doing that very thing. It is also easier to attack Maye because the stats are not as good as JD. The things that make Maye a top prospect, we the fans do not really see or understand. We like to pretend we do. You have to go to the deepe analytics to find reasons to like Maye such as big time throws.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a good read duke. Thanks for the link. Jayden's hands measured bigger than Brady's and Mahomes.

I've tried my best to support the guy I want them to take without bashing the others. It's gotten hard. It's inevitable. I've actually thought about stepping away from the board until the pick is made just to protect myself from bashing Maye or JJ. Everyone wants their guy. It's natural this time of year.

Lately the talk is Maye might have to sit a year. I don't buy that. I also don't buy that Jayden runs around and plays backyard football. Honestly that's more Caleb's game, who I really like as well.

End of the day we all have to just cross our fingers, hope Harris picked right with Peters, and hope Peters picks right with this pick. It will all be over soon duke. Lol
Kbso = assistant commanders therapist for duke.

Sorry..but it's true..lol

I agree and feel 100% the same as you.
I have my favorite.
I am ready to support anybody who comes here.
I have concerns with all of them.
I see talent and success with all of them.
I am not going to bash somebody because he isn't my guy.
I want this to be over...tomorrow!

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ther reason Daniels is getting ”attacked” is simple…you can’t attack his statistics and many players throughout history have had tremendous statistics but field in the NFL. When you read things about a player, there are certain things you will read and it will hit harder on you. The ball does not snap out of Daniels’ hands. His arm strength is questionable. His frame is very slight. These are attributes that scare some people.

You don’t hear people “attacking” Maye because you do not want to hear it. People are doing that very thing. It is also easier to attack Maye because the stats are not as good as JD. The things that make Maye a top prospect, we the fans do not really see or understand. We like to pretend we do. You have to go to the deepe analytics to find reasons to like Maye such as big time throws.
What I am not understanding is the constant barrage of attacks on daniels here...but not from pundits and former nfl qbs. Concerns yes, but as the article I posted said, daniels is moving into qb 2 range per nfl executives and other sources. I guess these sources are morons and nfl executives are clowns.

This could all be embellished.

As I have said several times, if the attacks on daniels on THIS board are remotely true, why does the rest of the world not see it? In other words, the attacks mentioned should be enough to move daniels to a 3rd day pick if they were true. One poster here said daniels should be off the board period. You will have to ask them why they said that for more info.

I have taken a recent step back so no, I literally have not seen the same type of attacks or concerns with maye at all here. Outside the drop in production from 2022 to 2023, I haven't seen concerns or attacks on his throws, body type, decision making, level of competition, etc. Perhaps you have seen it but I have not.

This concern was explained away because maye had crappy play makers and a crappy OLine.

Either some posters are right and pundits are the idiots, or fans here hate daniels because they simply want to.

Never even heard of big-time throws. I have heard of interceptions and that is something maye struggled with. That being said, his crappy WRs and OLine made him throw those picks I guess.

I have seen 1 or 2 concerns with JJ, williams, and Maye but at least 5 to 7 with daniels. If that's true, why is daniels. Being viewed as the #2 qb? Something is not adding up.

Dan orlosky, lead nfl talk shows host and former nfl qb, said daniels is better than williams. Why hasn't he been fired for incompetence if the commanders board is right?
Chase daniel, nfl back up and super bowl champion, said daniels should be the commanders pick. Apparently he is an idiot to. We must know something they don't right?

These experts and former players should listen to us I guess. Funny how our concers apparently aren't their concerns.

Last edited:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I am not understanding is the constant barrage of attacks on daniels here...but not from pundits and former nfl qbs. Concerns yes, but as the article I posted said, daniels is moving into qb 2 range per nfl executives and other sources. I guess these sources are morons and nfl executives are clowns.

This could all be embellished.

As I have said several times, if the attacks on daniels on THIS board are remotely true, why does the rest of the world not see it? In other words, the attacks mentioned should be enough to move daniels to a 3rd day pick if they were true. One poster here said daniels should be off the board period. You will have to ask them why they said that for more info.

I have taken a recent step back so no, I literally have not seen the same type of attacks or concerns with maye at all here. Outside the drop in production from 2022 to 2023, I haven't seen concerns or attacks on his throws, body type, decision making, level of competition, etc. Perhaps you have seen it but I have not.

This concern was explained away because maye had crappy play makers and a crappy OLine.

Either some posters are right and pundits are the idiots, or fans here hate daniels because they simply want to.

Never even heard of big-time throws. I have heard of interceptions and that is something maye struggled with. That being said, his crappy WRs and OLine made him throw those picks I guess.

I have seen 1 or 2 concerns with JJ, williams, and Maye but at least 5 to 7 with daniels. If that's true, why is daniels. Being viewed as the #2 qb? Something is not adding up.

Dan orlosky, lead nfl talk shows host and former nfl qb, said daniels is better than williams. Why hasn't he been fired for incompetence if the commanders board is right?
Chase daniel, nfl back up and super bowl champion, said daniels should be the commanders pick. Apparently he is an idiot to. We must know something they don't right?

These experts and former players should listen to us I guess. Funny how our concers apparently aren't their concerns.

In order to defend somebody by stating he had poor WRs and OL had to be preceded by concerns. Interceptions are a horribly overrated statistic when you look without context. The things people like about Maye are unquestionable…strong arm, athletic, and size.

The questions about Daniels are unquestioned…arm strength, size and style of play to accompany injury history, a nasty looking elbow.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order to defend somebody by stating he had poor WRs and OL had to be preceded by concerns. Interceptions are a horribly overrated statistic when you look without context. The things people like about Maye are unquestionable…strong arm, athletic, and size.

The questions about Daniels are unquestioned…arm strength, size and style of play to accompany injury history, a nasty looking elbow.
So again, why is this dialouge not coming from experts?
I am not sure arm strength is a mark against daniels at all. I have seen him play and no sec fan will tell you he has arm strength issues.

If these things are unquestioned why is he a top 3 qb? Why is peters wasting his time meeting and evaluating him? Why are current and former players stumping for daniels?

Do you literally have no issues with maye?

The interceptions are a non factor to you correct?

His drop in play are due to lack of talent correct?

If these things are true, why has he not taken over williams.

You claim I don't want to "hear" any criticism but you offer none and explain away a legitimate concern with the picks.

You are proving my point that maye has been out on a pedestal and daniels is repeatedly attacked.

Our good friend countryroads makes it sound as if maye is the next Patrick Mahomes.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The argument against stats being the determining factor in the NFL draft for a QB:

But using these stats Daniels should be drafted over Maye if stats are your thing ..... with 5 years in college compared to two for Maye he is way ahead. The stats would suggest Nix and Penix be the first two off the board ...... or not.

I can imagine how many "agenda" posters would have loved to see Colt Brennan have a HOF career. :noidea:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The argument against stats being the determining factor in the NFL draft for a QB:

But using these stats Daniels should be drafted over Maye if stats are your thing ..... with 5 years in college compared to two for Maye he is way ahead. The stats would suggest Nix and Penix be the first two off the board ...... or not.

I can imagine how many "agenda" posters would have loved to see Colt Brennan have a HOF career. :noidea:
Do you think everyone here needs your permission to form an opinion?

We don't.

Do you think you are smarter than everyone here or that your opinion is more valued?

You aren't.

If you can't see that we have agenda posters here, I can't help you.

Thanks.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good way to avoid agenda posting is to repeat ad nauseum that you dont have a fucking clue about who is a better qb than anybody else, because you dont follow college football.

I’m good that way.

I do know who it is going to be though. I called it right before RG3 was drafted.

I’m amazing that way.

Whoever is picked, I just hope they are better than what we gave up in Howell, who I also knew nothing about when he was drafted.

I’m consistent that way.

That’s all for now.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good way to avoid agenda posting is to repeat ad nauseum that you dont have a fucking clue about who is a better qb than anybody else, because you dont follow college football.

I’m good that way.

I do know who it is going to be though. I called it right before RG3 was drafted.

I’m amazing that way.

Whoever is picked, I just hope they are better than what we gave up in Howell, who I also knew nothing about when he was drafted.

I’m consistent that way.

That’s all for now.
Chiller the Wise has spoken.

So let it be written...so let it be done.