• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Future QB Vote

What is the best choice to acquire our franchise QB?

• We already have him! Roll with Howell.

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Trade for Justin Fields

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Draft Maye at #2

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Draft Daniels at #2

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As do I. I don't have a favorite. One may be much better than the other but I can't see it now. That is what we hope our FO can do. The intangibles of what make a good QB are what makes a good one. Not stats. It was easy to see that Griffin looked like a guy playing backyard football while Cousins was trained more conventionally.

Great QBs process, read defenses, are accurate and throw to the weakest spot in the defense. Which one of these threes excels at this .... I am stumped. Hopefully Peters isn't. I don't know if he was a Lance advocate or not.
We didn't miss on RG3 talent wise. Allen should have vetted him more though and seen the dad dynamic as well as the diva mentality. RG3 in 2012 was unbelievable though.

I favor Jayden because it feels like his ceiling is higher. I want a QB that strikes fear into defensive coordinators. I'm not savy enough to know if that's Jayden, but his legs can turn broken plays into 30 or 40 yard gains.

If Drake is Allen and Herbert rolled into to one, sign me up for that as well. Logan Paulsen is as sharp as they come imo and he favors Jayden.

Like you said it's on Peters. Moments like these are why we were all so happy to get him.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn't miss on RG3 talent wise. Allen should have vetted him more though and seen the dad dynamic as well as the diva mentality. RG3 in 2012 was unbelievable though.

I favor Jayden because it feels like his ceiling is higher. I want a QB that strikes fear into defensive coordinators. I'm not savy enough to know if that's Jayden, but his legs can turn broken plays into 30 or 40 yard gains.

If Drake is Allen and Herbert rolled into to one, sign me up for that as well. Logan Paulsen is as sharp as they come imo and he favors Jayden.

Like you said it's on Peters. Moments like these are why we were all so happy to get him.
I respect your opinion but we will have to agree to disagree regarding Griffin. He was 8-6 that first year and Alf won one of those 8 games. Shanahan's were forced to draft him or they never would have. Kyle brought the RPO to the NFL and had defenses confused. When Griffin decided he wanted to be a drop back QB he was a bust.

I am good with anyone supporting whoever they like, that is part of being a fan. What I don't like seeing is laughing at someone else's opinion. Folks can argue the point for as long as they like but laughing at someone for their opinion pisses me off.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maye is a much better passer and has a bigger arm . More experience in the air raid system . Now Daniel’s has things in his favor the counter that in which he is better at then maye
Daniels by almost every measure is an elite passer AND an elite rusher, if Maye is better than that by all means take him!
Care to take a shot at my friend's challenge?

Outside of the physical differences, what does Maye bring that Howell who is also as experienced as he is in the Air raid system does not?
AND... I'll add this as a comparative reminder... by some of our posters who made it clear when touting Howell last year.
1. Maye was almost a certain Heisman finalist.
2. Maye like Howell can make all of the throws.
3. Maye like Howell holds the ball too long and runs into sacks.
4. Maye sometimes throws unexplainably to the other guys.
5. Howell is a bigger version of Heinicke and Maye is a biggers version of Howell.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniels by almost every measure is an elite passer AND an elite rusher, if Maye is better than that by all means take him!
Care to take a shot at my friend's challenge?

Outside of the physical differences, what does Maye bring that Howell who is also as experienced as he is in the Air raid system does not?
AND... I'll add this as a comparative reminder... by some of our posters who made it clear when touting Howell last year.
1. Maye was almost a certain Heisman finalist.
2. Maye like Howell can make all of the throws.
3. Maye like Howell holds the ball too long and runs into sacks.
4. Maye sometimes throws unexplainably to the other guys.
5. Howell is a bigger version of Heinicke and Maye is a biggers version of Howell.
The question was , what does maye do. Better then Daniel’s I said what he did better and my tape I posted on both guys backs if up . Now my pick would be Daniel’s ( who is compared to one Randall Cunningham). While Maye is compared to Allen and Herbert . In either case I don’t feel anyone needs to jump off a bridge if we get them

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maye being a bigger version of Howell is a good thing. Howells main problem is playing little in the pocket can’t see the whole field

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Robert Griffin have great college stats?
Did Dwayne Haskins have great college stats?

Sty supported both. :noidea:
So we should use high school stats or maybe junior high tape to scout, and rank players?

Sty is the most intelligent and knowleable poster here and has predicted our season record to the exact game the last 2 seasons in a row.

No other poster has been right more than sty. Other posters from other teams have supported this.

I would use caution picking a fight with him, but post whatever you wish of course. Everyone should freely post thoughts and opinions.

Last edited:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that truly matters for an NFL QB is information processing. That is why people like Brady can excel. Brady wasn’t athletic by any metric, and his arm talent was below average in his early career, but he could process the information. It is almost impossible to watch collegiate film and determine who has this trait. That is why people like Brock Purdy fall to irrelevant status.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you take a QB at 2, he better be starting. keep howell. He's cheap and has skills. he will get a chance to play. that's when his value increases. snippets of success.

Why start the #2 pick in a rebuild?

We should increase the trade value of SH by surrounding him with good young talent. The young talent will make mistakes and SH has proven to be tough. Let him get his bell wing while the #2 pick grimaces, thanks God he didn’t get hit like that, and realizes here are ways not to get hit.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we should use high school stats or maybe junior high tape to scout, and rank players?

Sty is the most intelligent and knowleable poster here and has predicted our season record to the exact game the last 2 seasons in a row.

No other poster has been right more than sty. Other posters from other teams have supported this.

I would use caution picking a fight with him, but post whatever you wish of course. Everyone should freely post thoughts and opinions.
How would adding high school stats help?

I just posted the intangibles that make QBs more successful. If you don't understand, go ahead and use your stats if that makes you happy. I showed two QBs who had good stats their senior year and he were busts in the NFL.

Picking/guessing the final record is not something I do. There are too many intangibles. I would say congrats to Sty for hitting on that.

I am not trying to start a fight with Sty but can easily imagine you think I was. I stated a fact or two actually. Sty is not the only one that was wrong. Do you feel a need to defend him? I am going to post what I think and am willing to debate on any subject I have an opinion here.

I have said over and over again that I don't have a horse in the race. If I was going to pick it would be Daniels or Maye. I don't really want another 6' 1" QB but that is just my opinion. If they pick Williams I will behind him. I have said more than once I am going to go with what the new FO decides. It has been 25 years since we have had a real GM/FO.

Lastly I have offered to debate you on X's and O's in the past and you declined. Offer is still there if you want. :D We can discuss play strategy or whatever you like.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just posted the intangibles that make QBs more successful. If you don't understand, go ahead and use your stats if that makes you happy. I showed two QBs who had good stats their senior year and he were busts in the NFL.

Picking/guessing the final record is not something I do. There are too many intangibles. I would say congrats to Sty for hitting on that.

I am not trying to start a fight with Sty but can easily imagine you think I was. I stated a fact or two actually. Sty is not the only one that was wrong. Do you feel a need to defend him? I am going to post what I think and am willing to debate on any subject I have an opinion here.

I have said over and over again that I don't have a horse in the race. If I was going to pick it would be Daniels or Maye. I don't really want another 6' 1" QB but that is just my opinion. If they pick Williams I will behind him. I have said more than once I am going to go with what the new FO decides. It has been 25 years since we have had a real GM/FO.

Lastly I have offered to debate you on X's and O's in the past and you declined. Offer is still there if you want. :D We can discuss play strategy or whatever you like.
Exactly. Post 247 said what you said. I agree. Posters should post what they wish. I support that.

In my case, it's not always true as I have been told to leave, get out, etc, and called names. That being said, for the one millionth time, posters should post whatever they want.
I am not a victim and can hold my own as we all know.

I was simply being a voice of caution with sty. Again, do what you wish.

I feel no need to defend sty, he is capable of doing that himself. Chiller, sty, and breed are my favorite posters here because I am always learning from them. My opinion. They don't need my help...that is true.

Good for you on the front office view. High five!

I have declined no debate so lets get that straight. You don't intimidate or scare me. Sorry...

Discuss whatever I want huh...

Well, I am on the political forum discussing presidential rankings. Go ahead and jump in and join the madness.

My vote is James Buchanan or maybe woodrow wilson. I am sure you will run circles around me on why I am wrong. Football strategy, presidential history...doesn't matter to me.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Post 247 said what you said. I agree. Posters should post what they wish. I support that.

In my case, it's not always true as I have been told to leave, get out, etc, and called names. That being said, for the one millionth time, posters should post whatever they want.

I feel no need to defend sty, he is capable of doing that himself. Chiller, sty, and breed are my favorite posters here because I am always learning from them. My opinion. They don't need my help...that is true.

I have declined no debate so lets get that straight. You don't intimidate or scare me. Sorry...

Well, I am on the political forum discussing presidential rankings. Go ahead and jump in and join the madness.

My vote is James Buchanan or maybe woodrow wilson. I am sure you will run circles around me on why I am wrong. Football strategy, presidential history...doesn't matter to me.
I have not seen anyone try make you leave.

I am not trying to intimidate or scare you.

You are very dramatic. Always have been.

Good luck with you Presidents. I did not participate in the Presidential board in the past and have no intention to do so now. I am here for football. I do however reserve the right to agree with you or anyone else on the board.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A subscription is needed. He talked with Sheehan about the article and little bit ago, I did not get much from that.
It would be 18 screenshots. Oh well. I'm not built to do that. I'll read it and post the cliff notes. Lol

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not seen anyone try make you leave.

I am not trying to intimidate or scare you.

You are very dramatic. Always have been.

Good luck with you Presidents. I did not participate in the Presidential board in the past and have no intention to do so now. I am here for football. I do however reserve the right to agree with you or anyone else on the board.
Dean did and skinsdad got involved.

Wouldn't be the first time Dean wanted me gone. Doesn't bug me and I am not playing the victim. He has his views and I will probably disagree with him. I am glad he posts here and I like Dean.

Apparently a new presidential ranking list got released yesterday. That interests me and I have been involved in some spirited debates.
Appears we have some solid historians on the Hoop now. That is always refreshing..or to me it is.

I agree, you have the right to disagree with me or anyone. Football, favorite crayon color, best restaurants, etc.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If college stats were an accurate predictor, colt brennan should have been a star in the NFL. His numbers were crazy.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trump will be on mt Rushmore one day Blee Dat! Ronald Reagan was pretty damn good too

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trump will be on mt Rushmore one day Blee Dat!
Lol...
You should join the thread in all seriousness.

You are a history guy, so you would love it.

I am arguing why woodrow wilson was a bad president.

To each their own. There are some smart posters contributing actually. Good debate!

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol...
You should join the thread in all seriousness.

You are a history guy, so you would love it.

I am arguing why woodrow wilson was a bad president.

To each their own. There are some smart posters contributing actually. Good debate!
Yeah, I usually venture over that way during the offseason. You’ll probably see me over there