• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Future QB Vote

What is the best choice to acquire our franchise QB?

• We already have him! Roll with Howell.

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Trade for Justin Fields

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Draft Maye at #2

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Draft Daniels at #2

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with almost all of that, still, what if it was on Sam that Dotson and McLaurin regressed? McLaurin and the offense sure looked pretty good under EB with Brissett in there.

I want Sam as a backup. Jmo. I'd rather go with Brissett day one if the goal is to sit the rookie.

Why would you want to spend 10 million on Brissett? It serves no purpose at all.

Dotson regressed under Dotson. He dropped key passes.

This is a rebuild. Then build it.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you want to spend 10 million on Brissett? It serves no purpose at all.

Agree Brissett is not the answer not even as a backup with a completely new staff

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say again that the catch% between McLaurin and Dotson was less than 1% in favor of Terry and TD catches were the same but for 30 more catches for McLaurin.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WR room does need a shot in the arm imo.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm beginning to think Drake Maye is the choice if so I'm fine with it
Somewhere in the darkest recesses of my mind, I've feared this, and as the days go by drawing closer to the draft Maye would be my choice, if I was driven by fear, lack of imagination, and bent on taking the safer pick.
By any metric of their choosing Drake Maye only becomes the top pick if they are looking at survivability which is not a given considering the sport. When I first listed the top three QBs in this draft, I stated that Maye could play but his most outstanding characteristics all were related to his size. Since that time, I've closely followed the so-called experts who seem to support my perspective. Mike Tannenbaum literally said it word for word that Maye's survivability was his tie breaker, although I have no idea how he arrived at a tie with any of them except perhaps Bo Nix. The bottom line... if this is the rationale for drafting Maye, it's based in fear, unwarranted, and likely a big mistake on the part of the new management team.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the team that gets him handles him properly and he's completely amenable to changing some very familiar habits, they could end up with another Carson Palmer. Failing those things he's Mitch Tribusky.

A friend of mine asked me this question earlier today and I'm passing it along to you guys (and lady)There ought to be some interesting answers to this one.
Discounting their size differences, what's the difference between Maye and Howell?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to trade Sam if he plays well enough to build up his value . If he is that good then shouldn’t he be OUR answer ? I am not sitting my number 2 overall pick if he is better then Sam either .
you take a QB at 2, he better be starting. keep howell. He's cheap and has skills. he will get a chance to play. that's when his value increases. snippets of success.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhere in the darkest recesses of my mind, I've feared this, and as the days go by drawing closer to the draft Maye would be my choice, if I was driven by fear, lack of imagination, and bent on taking the safer pick.
By any metric of their choosing Drake Maye only becomes the top pick if they are looking at survivability which is not a given considering the sport. When I first listed the top three QBs in this draft, I stated that Maye could play but his most outstanding characteristics all were related to his size. Since that time, I've closely followed the so-called experts who seem to support my perspective. Mike Tannenbaum literally said it word for word that Maye's survivability was his tie breaker, although I have no idea how he arrived at a tie with any of them except perhaps Bo Nix. The bottom line... if this is the rationale for drafting Maye, it's based in fear, unwarranted, and likely a big mistake on the part of the new management team.
I have asked repeatedly for examples of what maye does better than daniels and I never received an answer.

It had been said that college stats can be meaningless in determining if a player will be a good pro.
If that is true, what should be used? High school stats, combine numbers?

I do think maye will be the pick and I will support him. I do think daniels is better and he proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have asked repeatedly for examples of what maye does better than daniels and I never received an answer.

It had been said that college stats can be meaningless in determining if a player will be a good pro.

I do think maye will be the pick and I will support him. I do think daniels is better and he proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Maye is a much better passer and has a bigger arm . More experience in the air raid system . Now Daniel’s has things in his favor the counter that in which he is better at then maye

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the team that gets him handles him properly and he's completely amenable to changing some very familiar habits, they could end up with another Carson Palmer. Failing those things he's Mitch Tribusky.

A friend of mine asked me this question earlier today and I'm passing it along to you guys (and lady)There ought to be some interesting answers to this one.
Discounting their size differences, what's the difference between Maye and Howell?
Tell me what others are seeing that I'm missing. I've grown to trust your eye this year Sty. You said from day one Brissett should play over Sam.

Even though I post stuff on Jayden all the time, you were posting Jayden content when I was still in the Sam Howell boat boasting about how he leads the league in passing yards.

What is it about Drake Maye that has some saying he's the next coming and what is it about him that turns you off?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You won't get an answer to that question because outside of his comparable size to Herbert and perhaps Josh Allen, all other comparisons end.

I've read those responses about college stats, and the use of "can" renders responses like them meaningless, as it applies to almost any venture in life. However, it is interesting to note that the link between those college stats and failure, when fairly applied would include any QB in the draft including those that these posters support.

It's beyond reason to discount what they've produced in college but doing so is comforting to those who refuse to look at the dysfunctional nature of the team/organization that they love unconditionally.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maye is a much better passer and has a bigger arm . More experience in the air raid system . Now Daniel’s has things in his favor the counter that in which he is better at then maye
I dont see how he is a better passer at all.

He had more passing TDs
Fewer picks
Better qbr
Better comp rate

Am I missing anything?
Not sure if the arm is better either.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Robert Griffin have great college stats?
Did Dwayne Haskins have great college stats?

Sty supported both. :noidea:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see how he is a better passer at all.

He had more passing TDs
Fewer picks
Better qbr
Better comp rate

Am I missing anything?
Not sure if the arm is better either.
I think Daniels and Williams both throw a nice deep ball ...

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want them to get this right. I will fall in line no matter who it is if Peters can do that.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want them to get this right. I will fall in line no matter who it is if Peters can do that.
As do I. I don't have a favorite. One may be much better than the other but I can't see it now. That is what we hope our FO can do. The intangibles of what make a good QB are what makes a good one. Not stats. It was easy to see that Griffin looked like a guy playing backyard football while Cousins was trained more conventionally.

Great QBs process, read defenses, are accurate and throw to the weakest spot in the defense. Which one of these threes excels at this .... I am stumped. Hopefully Peters isn't. I don't know if he was a Lance advocate or not.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like maye and have said that.
I can't really say much bad about him.
His 2023 numbers regressed, but he is still a baller.

I think daniels is better and is more elusive.