• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Future QB Vote

What is the best choice to acquire our franchise QB?

• We already have him! Roll with Howell.

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Trade for Justin Fields

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Draft Maye at #2

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Draft Daniels at #2

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the most we could get is a 5th this year or maybe a conditional 4th in 25. I've been able to trade into the top 15 with both our 2nds on some of those simulators.

I don't see any value in trading Sam. You have at the very least a top tier backup on a 5th round pay scale.

Sheehan and Ben Standing last week talked about how Howell is not a lock to be here, especially if a vet QB is brought in or Brissett is retained.

Harris, Peters, and Kingsbury have no allegiance to Sam.

Still, having Sam on the sideline ready to come in would be very comforting next year, for me at least.
Ideally, they would have to have a veteran backup like Brissett behind the rookie draft pick.

I believe that no matter which QB is drafted here, Howell is gone. The logic behind that is pretty obvious to me at least in that it eliminates quick trigger fans from first being split in their alliances and in real time calling for the backup, if/when the rookie isn't perfect enough in their eyes.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideally, they would have to have a veteran backup like Brissett behind the rookie draft pick.

I believe that no matter which QB is drafted here, Howell is gone. The logic behind that is pretty obvious to me at least in that it eliminates quick trigger fans from first being split in their alliances and in real time calling for the backup, if/when the rookie isn't perfect enough in their eyes.
Makes sense.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense.
Make no mistake, I would love it if they somehow kept Howell, built up his trade value while the rookie became acclimated to the pro-game, but reality bites and we aren't often found working in ideal conditions, so, considering my previous post, that seems the more probable move.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make no mistake, I would love it if they somehow kept Howell, built up his trade value while the rookie became acclimated to the pro-game, but reality bites and we aren't often found working in ideal conditions, so, considering my previous post, that seems the more probable move.
I'm not opposed to Brissett being our week one starter.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you build up trade value on the bench or are expecting Sam to play this year while the rookie learns?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the most we could get is a 5th this year or maybe a conditional 4th in 25. I've been able to trade into the top 15 with both our 2nds on some of those simulators.

I don't see any value in trading Sam. You have at the very least a top tier backup on a 5th round pay scale.

Sheehan and Ben Standing last week talked about how Howell is not a lock to be here, especially if a vet QB is brought in or Brissett is retained.

Harris, Peters, and Kingsbury have no allegiance to Sam.

Still, having Sam on the sideline ready to come in would be very comforting next year, for me at least.

I agree that is not proper value.

I do t worry about allegiance. I look at players like I do stocks. Build value and then trade high. That is why I start SH next season and sit my rookie, even if the rookie is better.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that is not proper value.

I do t worry about allegiance. I look at players like I do stocks. Build value and then trade high. That is why I start SH next season and sit my rookie, even if the rookie is better.
Start Howell again and there is a chance you lose McLaurin and Dotson. We still don't know if those guys not being targeted was on Sam or EB.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start Howell again and there is a chance you lose McLaurin and Dotson. We still don't know if those guys not being targeted was on Sam or EB.

Oh don't get me fired up about Terry often not being looked at. One thing about Taylor, he didn't give a crap....he was throwing to Terry regardless of coverage and it worked most of the time. Sorry for the rant, back to the shadows

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This comment seems so vague, I'd bet the Saints are kicking themselves for passing on Lamar, he would've been a perfect fit the year he came out. Literally all the 3 QBs can do the same thing, i personally I'm slightly down on Maye because of performance this past year, but still would be hype to have him

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This comment seems so vague, I'd bet the Saints are kicking themselves for passing on Lamar, he would've been a perfect fit the year he came out. Literally all the 3 QBs can do the same thing, i personally I'm slightly down on Maye because of performance this past year, but still would be hype to have him
I think lying season has officially begun.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to trade Sam if he plays well enough to build up his value . If he is that good then shouldn’t he be OUR answer ? I am not sitting my number 2 overall pick if he is better then Sam either .

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TM was targeted 134 times, 19h most in the league.

Dotson was ass and dropped key passes.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howell is good enough to win in this league, especially with better coaching and even a marginal offensive line.

No reason to trade him. No reason to not beef up the oline either.

If the commanders are convinced the qb they draft can also start, then you have both qbs compete to start with a better oline and hopefully slightly better weapons.

Either way, there should be more running plays to help out either qb.

Win win.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TM was targeted 134 times, 19h most in the league.

Dotson was ass and dropped key passes.
Sam lost his last eight starts. I like him, but I think we have to at least try and do better.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam lost his last eight starts. I like him, but I think we have to at least try and do better.

I already stated draft a QB at 2. You just sit him year one. Allow him to learn the game.

In the mean time you build up the trade value of SH. This is a rebuild. It should take at least two years. We SHOULD also have at least two rookies on the OL. Why would you risk the health of the #2 pick?

Instead, draft a starting LT, C, and another TE in the first four picks. All should be there and all should be worthy of the pick...Jordan Morgan, Sanders, and JPJ/Frazier/Van Pran. I would also be looking at Cowing about 100.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already stated draft a QB at 2. You just sit him year one. Allow him to learn the game.

In the mean time you build up the trade value of SH. This is a rebuild. It should take at least two years. We SHOULD also have at least two rookies on the OL. Why would you risk the health of the #2 pick?

Instead, draft a starting LT, C, and another TE in the first four picks. All should be there and all should be worthy of the pick...Jordan Morgan, Sanders, and JPJ/Frazier/Van Pran. I would also be looking at Cowing about 100.
I agree with almost all of that, still, what if it was on Sam that Dotson and McLaurin regressed? McLaurin and the offense sure looked pretty good under EB with Brissett in there.

I want Sam as a backup. Jmo. I'd rather go with Brissett day one if the goal is to sit the rookie.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

I like Cowing. Malik Washington from UVA supposedly has met with the Skins a lot.