• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Future QB Vote

What is the best choice to acquire our franchise QB?

• We already have him! Roll with Howell.

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Trade for Justin Fields

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Draft Maye at #2

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Draft Daniels at #2

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bit of luck on that punt that hit a Niner foot setting up KC with a very short field.
Special teams won the game for the chiefs.
Followed by their defense.

Mahone is awesome, but the special teams and defense sealed the deal.

My opinion only.

RedskinzDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only watched him a couple times, but I was very impressed with Bo Nix. No much hype for him, but I kind of like him. Of course I'm no scout by any means. Trading down could help rebuild the line as well.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can continue posting evidence as to why Jayden Daniels must be the choice in the upcoming draft for example he operated within an NFL passing tree at LSU, but I won't continue to do that. Instead, I'll give all of you who worry about the work ethic that concerned some here with previous QBs. Perhaps after reading the following, we can then narrow things down to the work that a strength and conditioning coach along with a nutritionist can do to alleviate concerns about his build. He's clearly the best or at worse the second-best QB in this draft. If Washington, and hopefully they will, drafts this remarkable player, it's best to get all of the typical reasons to not get behind these guys out of the way.

Behind the scenes of LSU QB Jayden Daniels' …

Nov 3, 2023 9 min to read Jayden Daniels woke up at 5 a.m., as he does every other weekday, and drove to LSU’s facility before the sun rose. Wearing designer sweatpants …

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can continue posting evidence as to why Jayden Daniels must be the choice in the upcoming draft for example he operated within an NFL passing tree at LSU, but I won't continue to do that. Instead, I'll give all of you who worry about the work ethic that concerned some here with previous QBs. Perhaps after reading the following, we can then narrow things down to the work that a strength and conditioning coach along with a nutritionist can do to alleviate concerns about his build. He's clearly the best or at worse the second-best QB in this draft. If Washington, and hopefully they will, drafts this remarkable player, it's best to get all of the typical reasons to not get behind these guys out of the way.

Behind the scenes of LSU QB Jayden Daniels' …

Nov 3, 2023 9 min to read Jayden Daniels woke up at 5 a.m., as he does every other weekday, and drove to LSU’s facility before the sun rose. Wearing designer sweatpants …
He definitely puts the work in and he went against SEC defenses

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think you can go wrong picking Daniel’s as our qb

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think you can go wrong picking Daniel’s as our qb
Curious if peters goes OLine heavy in free agency to protect daniels or maye. If peters asked my opinion, here is are the positions I hope we tackle with our first 5 picks. In no order:
TE
LB
QB
OT
G or C

Free agency has lots of defensive talent and I feel DE, LB, CB and depth can be found easier in free agency than help on offense.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious if peters goes OLine heavy in free agency to protect daniels or maye. If peters asked my opinion, here is are the positions I hope we tackle with our first 5 picks. In no order:
TE
LB
QB
OT
G or C

Free agency has lots of defensive talent and I feel DE, LB, CB and depth can be found easier in free agency than help on offense.
O/line in FA. Are littered with stop gaps and injury issues. I think defensively their is value as well as TE

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O/line in FA. Are littered with stop gaps and injury issues. I think defensively their is value as well as TE
I also think it wise to make every attempt to see if the current tackles who came up short at the position have the ability to convert to guards. If they strike with that move, (or see the potential) there's one less position to fill. If it fails, then you're no worse than where you started. This, however, is where scouting your team comes into play.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think it wise to make every attempt to see if the current tackles who came up short at the position have the ability to convert to guards. If they strike with that move, (or see the potential) there's one less position to fill. If it fails, then you're no worse than where you started. This, however, is where scouting your team comes into play.
Well
This draft is loaded with o/lineman . We could solve IOL easily through the draft and maybe pull a starting OT after we draft QB

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i saw a report saying may wait and take the michigan qb from this year in a later round and not an early first round one.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well
This draft is loaded with o/lineman . We could solve IOL easily through the draft and maybe pull a starting OT after we draft QB
Hoping Wylie can be an answer at LG. Could really open up our options to draft a TE or big WR with one of our 2nds and go Edge with the other one.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping Wylie can be an answer at LG. Could really open up our options to draft a TE or big WR with one of our 2nds and go Edge with the other one.
Right.
We can't replace 4 OLinemen.
I think 3 is reasonable.

We must protect howell or the rookie at all costs. That is why I liked Popovitch as the OLine coach. Stroud seemed to be protected for the most part. Hopefully Johnson can do that.

If Wylie and cosmi are the Guards, then we need to grab a Center and RT in free agency. That is doable.
Finding a LT in the 2nd should be doable as well. Not sure what peters has up his sleeve.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right.
We can't replace 4 OLinemen.
I think 3 is reasonable.

We must protect howell or the rookie at all costs. That is why I liked Popovitch as the OLine coach. Stroud seemed to be protected for the most part. Hopefully Johnson can do that.

If Wylie and cosmi are the Guards, then we need to grab a Center and RT in free agency. That is doable.
Finding a LT in the 2nd should be doable as well. Not sure what peters has up his sleeve.
I read where Popovitch had his contract restructured and got a big raise.

LT, RT, and a center depending on Stromberg. Now if a stud LG is there in the 2nd, that would be tempting

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read where Popovitch had his contract restructured and got a big raise.

LT, RT, and a center depending on Stromberg. Now if a stud LG is there in the 2nd, that would be tempting
My guess is that peters top 2 goals are

1. Identify and secure the franchise qb. That very well could be howell.
2. Protect that qb.

Goal 3 would be to revamp the defense.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that peters top 2 goals are

1. Identify and secure the franchise qb. That very well could be howell.
2. Protect that qb.

Goal 3 would be to revamp the defense.
I'm crossing my fingers that it was coaching when it comes to Jamin and Forbes. Parsons was drafted as a MLB and Quinn quickly decided to let him go get the QB.

In no way am I insinuating that Jamin is on Parsons level, just hoping Quinn can discover the best version of him.

For some odd reason, I'm cautiously optimistic about Forbes.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm crossing my fingers that it was coaching when it comes to Jamin and Forbes. Parsons was drafted as a MLB and Quinn quickly decided to let him go get the QB.

In no way am I insinuating that Jamin is on Parsons level, just hoping Quinn can discover the best version of him.

For some odd reason, I'm cautiously optimistic about Forbes.
Understood.

Simply put, I am not optimistic about davis or Forbes.
Davis has been decent but he was drafted too early. He is OK in my book and has shown marginal improvement in his tenure here.
I never liked the Forbes pick and agree with skinsdad. He simply doesn't have the body to be an nfl CB at this time.

Perhaps he will sooner than later. I watched some of the bears game and he was trying to arm tackle most of the time. It almost looked like he had never played football before.

To me, Forbes represents the whole tenure of rivera: incompetence and failure.
I can't be optimistic about Forbes because his rookie year was a disaster. Coaching will hopefully help, but i don't see him getting a 2nd contract here at all.

While PFF is one of several measuring sticks of evaluation and it's not the final authority, Forbes got a rating of 50 last year. I don't think he should be cut, but I am guessing peters will bring in players who supplant him as a starter.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understood.

Simply put, I am not optimistic about davis or Forbes.
Davis has been decent but he was drafted too early. He is OK in my book and has shown marginal improvement in his tenure here.
I never liked the Forbes pick and agree with skinsdad. He simply doesn't have the body to be an nfl CB at this time.

Perhaps he will sooner than later. I watched some of the bears game and he was trying to arm tackle most of the time. It almost looked like he had never played football before.

To me, Forbes represents the whole tenure of rivera: incompetence and failure.
I can't be optimistic about Forbes because his rookie year was a disaster. Coaching will hopefully help, but i don't see him getting a 2nd contract here at all.

While PFF is one of several measuring sticks of evaluation and it's not the final authority, Forbes got a rating of 50 last year. I don't think he should be cut, but I am guessing peters will bring in players who supplant him as a starter.
His tape from last year was definitely bad. I saw the same things you did. Hoping he can be the ball hawk we drafted him to be. Witt's defenses are almost always top 5 in turnovers. I did want Gonzalez and posted that. I think we all did. I wasn't mad at the Forbes selection though. I just wanted a corner.