• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Future QB Vote

What is the best choice to acquire our franchise QB?

• We already have him! Roll with Howell.

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Trade for Justin Fields

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Draft Maye at #2

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Draft Daniels at #2

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNC fell off at the end of the season in both 2022 and 2023, I think that’s mainly on Mack Brown and the Tar Heels subpar defense, but I watched a lot of their games with Maye and he’s very talented. I would take him over Jayden Daniels, I think Daniels is good but I prefer passing QBs over rushing QBs. Maye is a very good passer but can run as well.
Maye has the ideal physical stature and I watched every game that he played last year and didn't see the passing skills that were anywhere close to being on par or better than those of Daniels, Williams, Penix, or depending on the game, and competition Bo Nix. I'm not contesting your point of view but specifically which game or games wowed you and convinced you that he was better than any of the aforementioned guys? (I'll go back and look at them again)

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maye has the ideal physical stature and I watched every game that he played last year and didn't see the passing skills that were anywhere close to being on par or better than those of Daniels, Williams, Penix, or depending on the game, and competition Bo Nix. I'm not contesting your point of view but specifically which game or games wowed you and convinced you that he was better than any of the aforementioned guys? (I'll go back and look at them again)
He was impressive in just about every game in 2022 up until the last 4 when the Tar Heels collapsed. In 2023 he was very impressive against Minnesota and Syracuse I can remember, he wasn’t quite as good last year as he was in 22 but he was still good. I didn’t watch every Tar Heel game closely, but I would put him on almost par with Williams as good as Daniels and the rest. Then again you’ve probably watched him closer than I have.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNC fell off at the end of the season in both 2022 and 2023, I think that’s mainly on Mack Brown and the Tar Heels subpar defense, but I watched a lot of their games with Maye and he’s very talented. I would take him over Jayden Daniels, I think Daniels is good but I prefer passing QBs over rushing QBs. Maye is a very good passer but can run as well.
I've seen Daniels drop footballs right into the bucket. He had more passing TDs than Maye. Maye had more interceptions last year than Daniels did in his last two years combined. How is Daniels not a passing QB?

If he didn't have the ability to run, would that make him a "passing" QB?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was impressive in just about every game in 2022 up until the last 4 when the Tar Heels collapsed. In 2023 he was very impressive against Minnesota and Syracuse I can remember, he wasn’t quite as good last year as he was in 22 but he was still good. I didn’t watch every Tar Heel game closely, but I would put him on almost par with Williams as good as Daniels and the rest. Then again you’ve probably watched him closer than I have.
OK,
I agree that he had a pretty good 2022 season, but in your opinion what is it about these Carolina players who look good one year and not the next?

Sam Howell before Maye was looked at in the same manner, both were thought to be strong Heisman candidates, before they weren't. Could it be that they maxed out in the seasons that they won the job? Typically, young players become more comfortable and either become more consistent because that is who they are or less consistent because that is who they appeared to be in earning starter status.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK,
I agree that he had a pretty good 2022 season, but in your opinion what is it about these Carolina players who look good one year and not the next?

Sam Howell before Maye was looked at in the same manner, both were thought to be strong Heisman candidates, before they weren't. Could it be that they maxed out in the seasons that they won the job? Typically, young players become more comfortable and either become more consistent because that is who they are or less consistent because that is who they appeared to be in earning starter status.
I think the 2020 season was just kind of upside down and topsy turvy due to the pandemic, I kind of ignore everything that happened that year when judging players - remember going into 2021 Spencer Rattler was considered the Heisman favorite and he wound up getting benched. And look at the 2021 QB draft class - most have been big busts with the exception of Lawrence who was already going to be the #1 pick before the pandemic. So I think Howell was a bit of a fluke, he was great in the Covid year and pretty good in 2019 but fell off in 2021. Maye had a better 2023 than Howell had in 2021, and had Maye played the bowl game he would’ve come closer to matching his 22 stats.
You may have a point about QB’s falling off some once they’ve established themselves - the same is true of Caleb Williams, he fell off some last year after his Heisman win in 22, he had 11 fewer TD’s and over 1000 fewer yards.

It is a bit odd how UNC has had 2 QB’s who fell off some in their final seasons, and how UNC seems to collapse towards the end of the season after a great start.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen Daniels drop footballs right into the bucket. He had more passing TDs than Maye. Maye had more interceptions last year than Daniels did in his last two years combined. How is Daniels not a passing QB?

If he didn't have the ability to run, would that make him a "passing" QB?

Daniels also had the luxury of having two first round picks to throw to. The last time a LSU QB had hat luxury, it was Beckham and Landry. How did Mettenberger turn out?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniels also had the luxury of having two first round picks to throw to. The last time a LSU QB had hat luxury, it was Beckham and Landry. How did Mettenberger turn out?
How does that make him not a passing QB? I thought in a previous post you said the school the QB attended should not be a factor. Should Burrow not be considered a passing QB because of who he was throwing to?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does that make him not a passing QB? I thought in a previous post you said the school the QB attended should not be a factor. Should Burrow not be considered a passing QB because of who he was throwing to?
Not only that, but how do we know that daniels didnt make them 1st round picks?

Daniels was ranked #1 in QBR and I believe he led college football in comp %.

He can beat you with his arm or with his legs.
If he wasn't a passing qb, he would not have had 40 passing tds with only 4 picks. This was in the sec as well.

Maye had 24 tds and 9 picks.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that, but how do we know that daniels didnt make them 1st round picks?

Daniels was ranked #1 in QBR and I believe he led college football in comp %.

He can beat you with his arm or with his legs.
If he wasn't a passing qb, he would not have had 40 passing tds with only 4 picks. This was in the sec as well.

Maye had 24 tds and 9 picks.
If you don't want Daniels or prefer Maye just say so. You don't have to pull one down to prop the other one up with false narratives. Jmo

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was referring to the constant statement of competition. QBs who pass the ball in college have the least bearing on how they translate to the NFL because you cannot dominate the competition in college when the talent surrounding you is questionable.

Pretty sure I used Mettzenberger?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't want Daniels or prefer Maye just say so. You don't have to pull one down to prop the other one up with false narratives. Jmo
I have said i wanted daniels for weeks now.

I provided a detailed breakdown to Dean of why I came to that conclusion.

I also like maye, just not as much as daniels.

I can't recall a qb prospect who gets blasted repeatedly for no reason like daniels in 10 years or so.

People just don't like the guy. It is what it is.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was referring to the constant statement of competition. QBs who pass the ball in college have the least bearing on how they translate to the NFL because you cannot dominate the competition in college when the talent surrounding you is questionable.

Pretty sure I used Mettzenberger?
Separate argument.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sir, it was Joe Burrow who had both Ja'Marr Chase and Justin Jefferson to throw as wideouts and Thaddeus Moss was his tight end who at the time seemed to be pretty good. He also had Clyde Edward-Helaire who ran for 1400 yards that last Burrows season. Btw; their defense had some notable names as well.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sir, it was Joe Burrow who had both Ja'Marr Chase and Justin Jefferson to throw as wideouts and Thaddeus Moss was his tight end who at the time seemed to be pretty good. He also had Clyde Edward-Helaire who ran for 1400 yards that last Burrows season. Btw; their defense had some notable names as well.

Right. Burrow had big time weapons.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. Burrow had big time weapons.
In 2020 with the Cincinnati Bengals, he had a terrible offensive line but in terms of weaponry, he had...

1. Giovani Bernard (RB)
2. Joe Mixon (RB)
3. A.J. Green (WR)
4. Tee Higgins (WR)
5. Tyler Boyd (WR
6. C.J. Uzomah (TE)
7. Samaje Perine (RB)

and last year...

1. Tyler Boyd (WR)
2. Tee Higgins (WR)
3. Ja'marr Chase (WR)
4. Joe Mixon (RB)
5. ** Tanner Hudson (TE)

There's no big secret to any of this, If you want to give your QB a real chance to succeed in the NFL get him weapons comparable to those that made him a first-round draft pick.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was Mettzenberger who had Beckham and Landry…that is why mentioned him in my original post.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was Mettzenberger who had Beckham and Landry…that is why mentioned him in my original post.
It is possible that I either missed something along the way (context) or didn't get the point that you're making, but I'm responding to "Daniels also had the luxury of having two first-round picks to throw to. The last time an LSU QB had that luxury, it was..."

So, that you won't have to go back to find it, here's your post. (apologies if the error/misunderstanding was on my part)

1707609918337.png

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2020 with the Cincinnati Bengals, he had a terrible offensive line but in terms of weaponry, he had...

1. Giovani Bernard (RB)
2. Joe Mixon (RB)
3. A.J. Green (WR)
4. Tee Higgins (WR)
5. Tyler Boyd (WR
6. C.J. Uzomah (TE)
7. Samaje Perine (RB)

and last year...

1. Tyler Boyd (WR)
2. Tee Higgins (WR)
3. Ja'marr Chase (WR)
4. Joe Mixon (RB)
5. ** Tanner Hudson (TE)

There's no big secret to any of this, If you want to give your QB a real chance to succeed in the NFL get him weapons comparable to those that made him a first-round draft pick.

i meant at lsu, but ok.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is possible that I either missed something along the way (context) or didn't get the point that you're making, but I'm responding to "Daniels also had the luxury of having two first-round picks to throw to. The last time an LSU QB had that luxury, it was..."

So, that you won't have to go back to find it, here's your post. (apologies if the error/misunderstanding was on my part)

View attachment 354121

The point is when evaluating passing QBs at the collegiate level, you can’t simply look at how well they play in the numbers game. At the collegiate level, running QBs always look more dominant because defenses are not as sophisticated or athletic, and many times, a QB from a lesser school, such as UNC, won’t have the playmakers to make the collegiate QB look as good.

Daniels had the luxury of having two likely first rounders, one of which is being called as good if not better than MHJ. I bring up Meetzenberger because he was made to look better than he was by Beckham and Landry. I did not mention Burrow because he is actually good.

Everyone thought Josh Allen was complete ass his first two seasons…oops...that includes me.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is when evaluating passing QBs at the collegiate level, you can’t simply look at how well they play in the numbers game. At the collegiate level, running QBs always look more dominant because defenses are not as sophisticated or athletic, and many times, a QB from a lesser school, such as UNC, won’t have the playmakers to make the collegiate QB look as good.

Daniels had the luxury of having two likely first rounders, one of which is being called as good if not better than MHJ. I bring up Meetzenberger because he was made to look better than he was by Beckham and Landry. I did not mention Burrow because he is actually good.

Everyone thought Josh Allen was complete ass his first two seasons…oops...that includes me.
Ok

So, the correction should be before Burrow and not the last time referencing Daniels. Got it!