• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Washington Capitals @ Philadelphia Flyers, 11/1/13

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Emery should get a suspension. That was really lame and Holtby wanted nothing to do with it.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was some brawl last night, and from it the Flyers lose both Downie and Vinny L, tough break. Glad Holtby got rocked by Emery.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VIDEOHUB

I may be biased bc i think this was the Washington Captials broadcast but....

I agree with the anncouers (sp). The refs did SHIT to protect the Washington players.

Look at the Holtby vs Emery Fight.

There is one time where Holtby is down for 15-45 seconds with Emery STILL PUNCHING HIM.

Now correct me if i'm wrong. If a player is down. Boom Fight over?

Now if i were one of the refs watching it. I would have grabbbed Emery by the shoulder pads and Threw him off of Holtby and then stood between the 2. Telling Emery move along.

Emery will get 10

Desevres 15-20

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont know if its good or bad that downie got concussed as opposed to a busted orbital bone

I saw the super slow mo of volpatti throwing that punch ... Damn ... It was a face caver

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was some brawl last night, and from it the Flyers lose both Downie and Vinny L, tough break. Glad Holtby got rocked by Emery.

Glad your team fucking sucks.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people are piling on the Flyers, and for good reason mostly, but I think piling on the Flyers is the easy way out and people like to pile on them based on the city/past, but it's never been as bad as this stretch

If people would simply look at what is taking place right now, and judge the team based on how bad they've been recently instead of taking shots at the city and saying this organization has been a joke for so many years, I think that would be more fair - this has been one of the more successful organizations in the last 30-40 years, even without a Stanley Cup - having seasons like this is rare, in which they've completely went down the drain, and the culture does need changing, but to say this team has always been flawed and to judge their current situation based on their entire past isn't the best way to go about it

This is the worst stretch they've had in a while(worse than that awful season they had back in 06-07) - the league is better when the Flyers are better, and people have to admit that - so I would hope while fans are throwing the pitchforks out, they would also realize that when this team is good, the league is good, because of the passion/market/fanbase - it's only the joke of the league right now because they're one of the worst teams in the league - if they were actually decent and this happened, there wouldn't be as much merit to that

In the end, I get how people feel about this - but always think about what you are saying and whether it makes full sense - I don't think Flyers fans need a refresher course on what this organization needs, a lot of people know they need to change things up, they don't need fans of other teams piling on - you wouldn't want it that way if was your team, wouldn't it(speaking of the other 29 teams)?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Flyers get their ads kicked, try and took it up and end up with arguably their best offensive player out for a couple of weeks because of a fight, another player hospitalized overnight because of a fight and a backup goalie likely facing a long suspension.

#momentum #firetheteamup #wellthatbackfired

I don't know if Simmonds or Berube is to blame but starting a line brawl when Vinnie is on the ice and Washington has a few tougher players out there is just bad hockey.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Flyers get their ads kicked, try and took it up and end up with arguably their best offensive player out for a couple of weeks because of a fight, another player hospitalized overnight because of a fight and a backup goalie likely facing a long suspension.

#momentum #firetheteamup #wellthatbackfired

I don't know if Simmonds or Berube is to blame but starting a line brawl when Vinnie is on the ice and Washington has a few tougher players out there is just bad hockey.

The Simmonds/Wilson fight wasn't necessary, but if Emery hadn't stepped in, that would've been the only fight. Emery is the idiot that escalated everything.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont know if its good or bad that downie got concussed as opposed to a busted orbital bone

I saw the super slow mo of volpatti throwing that punch ... Damn ... It was a face caver
The result was some type of facial fracture.

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]396698235554652160[/MEDIA]"]18m[/ame]

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last few years Holmgren has subtracted: Carter, Richards, Bobrovsky, Versteeg and Van Riemsdyk.

3 of those guys have cups now. Another has a Vezina.

And he's replaced them with Jake Voracek, Luke Schenn, Ray Emery, Steve Mason and Shawn Couturier.

A coach can only do so much.

And besides that game would have been a lot closer had the Flyers not missed two field goals.

I'm starting to wonder if you've had new thoughts in the past year and a half..

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The result was some type of facial fracture.

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie 18m

yah

I originally thought last night it was a orbital bone ... but someone posted that it was "just" a concussion ... no way thats "only" a concussion

Im gonna go with orbital bone fracture

and heres the face caver gif

volpatti-downie-punch-o.gif

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting article from Broad Street Hockey on why Emery won't get suspended because of the way the NHL rules are written. It's good stuff.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's a little "dry" in Philly right now.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn....that punch destroyed Downie.

So glad Max "superstar treatment" Talbot is out of Philly.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting article from Broad Street Hockey on why Emery won't get suspended because of the way the NHL rules are written. It's good stuff.

What I've read made it seem like Bettman had the right to step in. Because he passed the red line the rule states that "supplemental discipline" can occur. And there's no written rules about what "supplemental discipline".

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and it's a load of horse shit.

This is what suprises me about the NHL sometimes. There all about player safety but then when something like happened to Holtby last night there like "oh are hands are tied"

U want me to care about player safety NHL. THEN MAKE A EXAMPLE OR SOME PRESCIDENT.

oh.

and let's start with last night