• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Was trading Russell Wilson a good idea?

Was trading Russell Wilson a good idea?

• It was OK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was a terrible idea, now the Seahawks will turn into the Jets or Raiders LOL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I wouldnt hold that against PC and JS and besides pretty much any player they draft in the top end of the draft has been a successful story. Earl Thomas, Russell Okung, Bruce Irving off the top of my head.
Curry was pre PC/JS

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. A trend I see repeating itself in the NFL the last few years: a team pays obscene amounts of money to an upper-tier QB, and then has no space capital left for a decent OL.

Seahawks and 9ers will see themselves in a similar situation this winter/spring. Is Garappolo or Geno worth $35 million a year? There will be teams out there willing to pay them that much. I wouldn't.

Agreed, I wouldn’t either, Geno is better than we all thought, but he’s not worth elite QB money … Broncos have a real problem right now, Russ should actually restructure with them if he’s serious about winning…

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry was pre PC/JS

Curry I didn’t understand, I watched him play live multiple times, incredible athlete, fast, physical, ran right through blocks, but mentally he was lost out there sometimes, just never figured it out, set us back a bit because he was suppose to be a sure fire safe pick and he never panned out… He’s on the coaching staff now which is cool…

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry I didn’t understand, I watched him play live multiple times, incredible athlete, fast, physical, ran right through blocks, but mentally he was lost out there sometimes, just never figured it out, set us back a bit because he was suppose to be a sure fire safe pick and he never panned out… He’s on the coaching staff now which is cool…
It is just weird that he had all of the physical gifts but couldn't mentally get it together on the field, but now he is a coach?!?

It doesn't make a lot of sense, but considering our LB play over the last couple of games maybe it does??

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually couldnt figure this out either. I mean he didnt have to be an all pro but atleast have a career. He didnt have any major injuries, weight gain or off the field problems that to suspensions. A top 5 draft pick that got traded away after 2 seasons and just never made it on any teams. My only thought is maybe he just wasn't that good of a football player but sense he was crazy athletic he was able to mask it in college and when he made it to the pros the technical level exposed him. Who knows.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually couldnt figure this out either. I mean he didnt have to be an all pro but atleast have a career. He didnt have any major injuries, weight gain or off the field problems that to suspensions. A top 5 draft pick that got traded away after 2 seasons and just never made it on any teams. My only thought is maybe he just wasn't that good of a football player but sense he was crazy athletic he was able to mask it in college and when he made it to the pros the technical level exposed him. Who knows.

He had no football instincts. If always misread the play, you will never be in the right spot. If you don't follow your assignments, you leave the defense exposed.

Kinda like how Jordyn Brooks struggles in pass coverage, particularly zone coverage. It's not that he can't keep up with the receivers. It's that he sometimes gets lost in his assignment.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty much he played in a weaker NCAA conference and was so athletically gifted he just abused everyone. Well when you get to the NFL athleticism is important as you can't teach that, but your instincts and football IQ has to 'grow up' as well. Ruskell gave Curry that stupid ass contract (what was it like $60M fully guaranteed?) and I think Curry just really didn't care at that point. Got paid and had zero interest (or lack of intelligence) to learn at the NFL level. I mean back then 6'3" 247 lbs for a 4-3 OLB was really good size. Now for EDGE rushers you require a bit more of the 6'5" 260-265 range as OL have just gotten bigger/faster/stronger.

So yah, Curry had all the athletic boxes ticked, but he was often out of position, whiffed on easy sacks and just overran guys, and one of his things he needed to work on (coverage) he never got rid of the stiffness. Brooks is a coverage liability as well, but he does play the run well and Brooks was also not a #4 overall pick.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much he played in a weaker NCAA conference and was so athletically gifted he just abused everyone. Well when you get to the NFL athleticism is important as you can't teach that, but your instincts and football IQ has to 'grow up' as well. Ruskell gave Curry that stupid ass contract (what was it like $60M fully guaranteed?) and I think Curry just really didn't care at that point. Got paid and had zero interest (or lack of intelligence) to learn at the NFL level. I mean back then 6'3" 247 lbs for a 4-3 OLB was really good size. Now for EDGE rushers you require a bit more of the 6'5" 260-265 range as OL have just gotten bigger/faster/stronger.

So yah, Curry had all the athletic boxes ticked, but he was often out of position, whiffed on easy sacks and just overran guys, and one of his things he needed to work on (coverage) he never got rid of the stiffness. Brooks is a coverage liability as well, but he does play the run well and Brooks was also not a #4 overall pick.
I can't disagree with any of this, but considering it all, then how in the fuck is he now the Seahawk's assistant DL/DE coach (his official title)?!?

Again, considering all of that, he seems to be a very unlikely candidate for such a role.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't disagree with any of this, but considering it all, then how in the fuck is he now the Seahawk's assistant DL/DE coach (his official title)?!?

Again, considering all of that, he seems to be a very unlikely candidate for such a role.
those who cant do, teach.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No idea. Maybe he tells all the guys why he sucked so they can get better, lol? That doesn't seem to be working given how much our D sucked last year and the fact we can't stop the run this year.... course I don't think we have the personnel for this 2-3 down lineman scheme, and Cody Barton is one of the worst starting linebackers in the NFL.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea. Maybe he tells all the guys why he sucked so they can get better, lol? That doesn't seem to be working given how much our D sucked last year and the fact we can't stop the run this year.... course I don't think we have the personnel for this 2-3 down lineman scheme, and Cody Barton is one of the worst starting linebackers in the NFL.
I have to wonder what Pete sees in this guy. I mean yeah, every now and then, he comes up with a big tackle or turnover but it's usually because of some fluke thing where the play finds him. He is way too aggressive at times and if you see the replay of the Jacobs run in O.T., Barton was running into the backs of Dlinemen on the right side while Jacobs was running straight through the hole where he should have been as the weak side LB.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to wonder what Pete sees in this guy. I mean yeah, every now and then, he comes up with a big tackle or turnover but it's usually because of some fluke thing where the play finds him. He is way too aggressive at times and if you see the replay of the Jacobs run in O.T., Barton was running into the backs of Dlinemen on the right side while Jacobs was running straight through the hole where he should have been as the weak side LB.

Yep Strange.... I was screaming about it in my drunken stupor Sunday-Monday that Barton was completely taken out of the play (if anything he could've injured Harris and I think it was Ford or Woods) but running straight into their backs and being a 100% non-factor in the play. Brooks had to absorb the lead blocker, I get that... and Neal was out and Jones belongs nowhere near a football field... but Barton completely missed the gap assignment. It feels like you literally read my post and are saying it back, but I can't be the only one that saw this.

What does Seattle's BETTER defensive games have in common? Barton on the field for < 40 snaps. What does our shitty defensive games have in common? Barton on the field 50+ times. He's one of the worst ILBs in the game... I held the high concern going into this season with Barton as the #2, and I would argue it is the #1 glaring weakness on the defense in terms of personnel. I'll attribute Ford, Taylor, even Mafe (who has done fine) as a scheme issue more than just being absolutely terrible talent/football IQ wise.

I've called him the Rudy (Notre Dame) in the last several weeks to over a year... guy tries hard, but zero athletic ability and football IQ. Yes, every so often he makes 'a play'.

Inside linebackers are not too hard to find... I think had we kept Wagner we'd be 7-4 or 8-3 easily, along if we abandoned the 2-4-5 front.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It will be interesting to see what the Hawks do at linebacker next year. Can't imagine us taking one with either one of our 1st round picks unless we trade. Tough to get proper value with LB picks early in the draft unless it is an exceptional talent.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see what the Hawks do at linebacker next year. Can't imagine us taking one with either one of our 1st round picks unless we trade. Tough to get proper value with LB picks early in the draft unless it is an exceptional talent.

Figure out ILB. Get rid of Cody Barton (or keep him as the 4th string).... He's one of the worst linebackers in the league and LARGELY responsible (outside of scheme) for the rush yards we've allowed. Not saying you have to draft some guy with the 1st round picks, but draft someone in the 2nd round, march my Sister out there... hell Harold could probably get a PFF 55 grade, or for the love of fuck sign someone...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Sharkonabicycle , the "Rudy" comment is spot on. The dude just seems to run around all over the place like a cartoon character. What's worse is Pete comes out and says Barton had a "good" game in his presser. Like wtf was Pete watching and has he actually looked at any game film? At best, Barton is 4th string depth or practice squad material.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow Excited GIF by Steve Harvey TV

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figure out ILB. Get rid of Cody Barton (or keep him as the 4th string).... He's one of the worst linebackers in the league and LARGELY responsible (outside of scheme) for the rush yards we've allowed. Not saying you have to draft some guy with the 1st round picks, but draft someone in the 2nd round, march my Sister out there... hell Harold could probably get a PFF 55 grade, or for the love of fuck sign someone...
Man you wonder why Pete keeps rolling with him if he’s playing this bad..