• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Warriors Vs Lakers Tue, Oct 15

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm anxiously guarded about our team this year having watched all their games so far. As already mentioned by other posters, the energy level is there on the D end but need to tighten up the interior, switch quicker, etc. more consistent basis. The chemistry is night & day vs. last year, no doubt. It is early yet but with a bunch of guys playing on 1-year contracts, the ESPN prediction of ending up 12th, and the unknown surrounding Kobe/Nash injuries, these are all incentives for this team to possibly overachieve. Love Nick's ability to create his shots from anywhere on the floor and hit the 3 - we've got a future star in our house. We just haven't seen enough of Farmar and Wesley to see how they may impact our chances....I'm eager to see those guys play. Kelly is your prototypical stretch big that can spread the floor. I know it's one game, made two 3's but he seemed confident taking those shots. And his Duke coach I'm sure taught him some fundamentals too....still, many questions remain starting with Kobe's health and how team meshes when he gets back. Not wearing my purple colored glasses but I see a team that will make the playoffs this year.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Lakersuscbam. This team essentially has a roster full of players auditioning for next year. Outside of Nick Young (2-year deal) most of the remaining players are playing for bigger contracts next year and if they perform well and go deep into the playoffs, I know Jeannie with Phil's consultation will sign people like Xavier Henry, Shawne Williams, Jordan Farmar, Jordon Hill, Chris Kaman, and maybe MJO (if makes this roster) to longer deals especially with all of the cap space next year.

I agree that Nick Young has the potential to be a great player and I think he has found a home. I see him staying and signing an extension as I see with other players already mentioned. Kelly is going to be a good one as well. He needs more overall body strength as he will get hammered in the NBA with the bigger bodies he will face. WE have a pretty good team now AND for the future.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm anxiously guarded about our team this year having watched all their games so far. As already mentioned by other posters, the energy level is there on the D end but need to tighten up the interior, switch quicker, etc. more consistent basis. The chemistry is night & day vs. last year, no doubt. It is early yet but with a bunch of guys playing on 1-year contracts, the ESPN prediction of ending up 12th, and the unknown surrounding Kobe/Nash injuries, these are all incentives for this team to possibly overachieve. Love Nick's ability to create his shots from anywhere on the floor and hit the 3 - we've got a future star in our house. We just haven't seen enough of Farmar and Wesley to see how they may impact our chances....I'm eager to see those guys play. Kelly is your prototypical stretch big that can spread the floor. I know it's one game, made two 3's but he seemed confident taking those shots. And his Duke coach I'm sure taught him some fundamentals too....still, many questions remain starting with Kobe's health and how team meshes when he gets back. Not wearing my purple colored glasses but I see a team that will make the playoffs this year.

Agree. I consider myself "cautiously optimistic" re: this team. They're not going to be winning any championships this year, but as has been pointed out, these are guys playing for their NBA lives in many cases.

Sometimes, when you have players who are playing to stay in the league, who want to be on the team that they're on and have mo pressure on them, good things can happen.

As I've said before, I want to see a team that's fun too watch, plays hard every night and has no agenda's. Then, let the chips fall where they may.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think IF this Lakers team is gonna be successful it's going to be their cohesiveness as a team that'll be the biggest factor. Which is why building as much chemistry as possible is going to be so important...

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if anyone is watching the game right now but Nick Young just completed an amazing Alley-Oop, our boy is learning from Kobe. :nod:

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if anyone is watching the game right now but Nick Young just completed an amazing Alley-Oop, our boy is learning from Kobe. :nod:

Damn it their still in China i forgot I was thinking they where playing later on tonight...fuucckk!! shame on me :L thanks for reminding me I'm switching channels now :10:

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn they looked lost in the 2nd half no defense & the chemistry looked off on both sides of the, but oh well lets see how we do tuesday at Staples...bye bye China:sad2: