• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Warriors Vs Lakers Nov 22, 2013

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yum-yum.gif

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A really balanced team win against a pretty good defensive team. Four players in double figures and five different Lakers with threes. Gasol played pretty well tonight as he attacked the basket and got into the paint and made some consistent shots and we had a very good defensive effort overall tonight as well. Farmar, Hill, Blake, Williams, and of course Nick Young played exceptionally well. Johnson had a night off.

I think Kobe may have to adjust to this new Lakers team where he won't be expected to play isolation ball and everything depends on him of which Van Gundy mentioned that he has made a career doing. Van Gundy went on to expound on what he thought was a very good TEAM effort with good passing and a willingness by everyone to jump in and elevate their games.

Kobe has never been very keen on team ball as Van Gundy stated and there might be another adjustment period where Kobe may have to adjust his approach just a bit mainly because the Lakers are really beginning to play very good team basketball with great chemistry.

I don't think Kobe is going to screw that up just prove a point along the lines that this his team again. I think that might have all been dissipated with whiner boy leaving town and the injury that has given Kobe time to reflect on some things.

Tacos for everyone and the Kings are up next at home before a 3-game road trip. Perhaps we will pull to .500 by Sunday night!

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win. Team really coming together playing hard and hustling. The Warriors out played the LAKERS in the first quarter but the Lakers led. All from hustle. Lakers shoot the 3 well have a good bench and hustle. Way less turnovers from last season per game. How could last years team turn the ball over so much? Horrible team chemistry?? Looks like this team likes each other and hustles. Last season no hustle. Hope Kobe comes back and just fits in instead of taking over. The team will fall apart if not.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win. I liked the ball movement throughout the game. Even in the 1st quarter, when the shots weren't falling, they were still moving the ball well. No one got frustrated and the shots started falling. The thing about D'Antoni's offense is that it's all about moving the ball, it's "move it or shoot it". If the ball movement is there, the shots will eventually fall.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I have to give Don'tknowi some credit here on a number of decisions. One being going ten deep in the rotations, stating that if you are disciplined, you play more, and his willingness to play everybody when there are blow-out nights. And this has translated into everybody liking and pulling for each other no matter who is in there. The starter versus coming-off-the-bench platooning mentality is not evident on THIS Lakers team-it is more Spurs-esque. Gasbag who has two rings routinely is playing with anybody and newcomers like Wesley Johnson are on par with guys like Gasbag.

Now if, when Kobe comes back, he starts pissing about playing minutes which he has intimated at already, he and Don'tknowi will get into a pissing match and then we are doomed because that team chemistry we have now will wilt in a New York minute. I don't expect Kobe to pull that krap, but if he does we will be done.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
slight concussion

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3