• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors vs. Kings

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so juiced for this first exhibition game. I'm ready to see about this new commitment to defense. I know to not expect much since we've had a super short camp, no summer league, so on and so on. I'm most excited to see how good Klay is. His all around game is supposed to be so NBA ready, tp go with a dead eye shot. Believe Again!
:horn:

Side note: I was a big Jimmer fan coming into the draft. I knew he wouldn't be a good fit for us, however I was a fan. I can't wait to see how he handles the speed and athleticism of the NBA.

Last edited by a moderator:

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see where defense has been the main focus. The way we're swarming to the ball and playing man in peoples face. The help d has been great also, especially to be just about a week playing together.
The rookies have all looked solid. I'm really likeing what I see in Tyler. He's in such good shape and coordinated. His length is playing a role in his good play as well...Wow, Curry with the missed layup. You could tell the fatigue is setting in early. But yeah, Tyler seems like he can make this 12 man rotation. They could use a big, long, coordinated body that can score in the paint to come off the bench.
I also want to note that Udoh has looked a bit more confident with his offense. Bieans has looked more active and confident on defense too.
Maybe its because we're playing a Kings team with a few key players missing, however we look pretty sharp.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the first half of the first game of the preseason I don't want to put any stock into this, but we look pretty fuckin good (excuse my french). I can't remember the last time we had this much depth. Every player that steps in can hurt you in one way or another. Let's keep an eye on Udoh this season, his game looks the most advanced of all our bigs.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's preseason so it doesn't mean squat (especially this year) but...is GSW's defense bad or Jimmer kinda sorta the real deal?

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's preseason so it doesn't mean squat (especially this year) but...is GSW's defense bad or Jimmer kinda sorta the real deal?

Jimmer is kinda sorta the real deal. Warriors defense is a lot better this season (at least the style of defense). We were swarming to the ball and playing in ball handlers grill tonight. Jimmer was quite impressive knocking down every open shot. His problems will come on defense and when driving through the lane. He looks lights out on the drive (by Evans) and kick (to him).
:gossip:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved Udoh on the block in the first half. Tyler moves so well I kept confusing him with McGuire.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After just one game, I want to get rid of _avi_ Lee so much more than I could have possibly imagined.

I saw enough defense and offense from Epke uDoh, Tyler, McGuire and Biedrins to know that they would be just fine without the sieve known as _avi_.

It really is too bad that the front office wasted its amnesty provision on Charlie Bell.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After just one game, I want to get rid of _avi_ Lee so much more than I could have possibly imagined.

I saw enough defense and offense from Epke uDoh, Tyler, McGuire and Biedrins to know that they would be just fine without the sieve known as _avi_.
It really is too bad that the front office wasted its amnesty provision on Charlie Bell.

The one thing you have to know is that none of those other guys have the most important skill that Lee brings. Lee is one of, if not the best big in the NBA at the pick and roll. I seen an interview with Jackson where he said that we would be a pick and roll team. It's hard to not see Lee as a valuable player in a pick and roll offense. He also said that Udoh will see a ton of pt at the 4 and 5 this season. I think the rotations will compliment all players strengths. I fully expect Lee to go 15pts, 10 rebs and 5 ast if he's with the team the whole season.
Mark Jackson, pre-game: On the Warriors’ identity, the pick-and-roll offense, Klay Thompson and more | Talking Points

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The one thing you have to know is that none of those other guys have the most important skill that Lee brings. Lee is one of, if not the best big in the NBA at the pick and roll. I seen an interview with Jackson where he said that we would be a pick and roll team. It's hard to not see Lee as a valuable player in a pick and roll offense. He also said that Udoh will see a ton of pt at the 4 and 5 this season. I think the rotations will compliment all players strengths. I fully expect Lee to go 15pts, 10 rebs and 5 ast if he's with the team the whole season.
Mark Jackson, pre-game: On the Warriors’ identity, the pick-and-roll offense, Klay Thompson and more | Talking Points

And the opposing PF will go 25 - 15 on Lee.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I won't even grab games from right after he was injured. I'll only take games where he played at least 25 minutes.

Michael Beasley - 25 points, 9 rebounds (Feb 27) Lee went 20 and 10
Josh Smith 26 pte 9 rebounds (Feb 26) Lee went 20 and 10
Chris Bosh - 20 pts 11 reb (Jan 1) Lee went 13 and 10
Andre Blatche - 20 pts 9 rebs (mar 2) Lee went 9 and 16
Carmelo Anthony - 29 points 4 rebs (Feb 9) Lee went 16 and 12
Zach Randolph - 20 pts 13 reb (Mar 30) Lee went 12 and 9
Thad Young 20 pts 7 reb (Mar 6) Lee went 14 and 14

I could keep going. The point I am making is that while Lee has the talent to score 15 and grab 10 on a regular basis, he cannot stop anyone from doing the same or better.

Sure there were a few games late in the season where the Warriors were playing for absolutely nothing and Lee was challenged to turn up his defense, so he did.

But he's just not capable of doing it night in and night out. Notice that most of the players I mentioned up there are not superstars. Sure Melo and Bosh are, but other than those two, none of those guys are the focal point of their team's offense and they all still went crazy on Lee.

We will likely have to agree to disagree, but from what I have seen, _avi_ is nothing more than a screen door.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't even grab games from right after he was injured. I'll only take games where he played at least 25 minutes.

Michael Beasley - 25 points, 9 rebounds (Feb 27) Lee went 20 and 10
Josh Smith 26 pte 9 rebounds (Feb 26) Lee went 20 and 10
Chris Bosh - 20 pts 11 reb (Jan 1) Lee went 13 and 10
Andre Blatche - 20 pts 9 rebs (mar 2) Lee went 9 and 16
Carmelo Anthony - 29 points 4 rebs (Feb 9) Lee went 16 and 12
Zach Randolph - 20 pts 13 reb (Mar 30) Lee went 12 and 9
Thad Young 20 pts 7 reb (Mar 6) Lee went 14 and 14

I could keep going. The point I am making is that while Lee has the talent to score 15 and grab 10 on a regular basis, he cannot stop anyone from doing the same or better.

Sure there were a few games late in the season where the Warriors were playing for absolutely nothing and Lee was challenged to turn up his defense, so he did.

But he's just not capable of doing it night in and night out. Notice that most of the players I mentioned up there are not superstars. Sure Melo and Bosh are, but other than those two, none of those guys are the focal point of their team's offense and they all still went crazy on Lee.

We will likely have to agree to disagree, but from what I have seen, _avi_ is nothing more than a screen door.

There are a couple of things that I want to point out. First, I agree that Lee needs to play better defense. I just think that when he sets his mind to playing that it works out pretty well. He came into his own playing for Mike Dantoni, where no defense was needed. Last season it was preached, but not demanded. Next, Melo isn't a 4, so Lee wasn't playing him. Other than that I only see 6 games that stood out where he got sorta dominated, and even then he held his own with a double double. To me the end of the season was what was most important because the whole team showed that they started to play with chemistry, and everyone was learning what was really needed of them. Lee started to see that he needed to defend to really make a difference. Well, I hope thats what he learned anyways.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday's game made me optimistic, too. Yes, it was only a pre-season game against a non-playoff team, but the things the Warriors were doing well will translate against playoff teams, too. Decent (not great) defensive rotation, decent (not great) post-scoring and everything that they already do well: score in transition, shoot (though not as well as I expect once the season is in full swing).

As has been mentioned, the depth is the key. The Warriors finally have a 10-man rotation filled with legitimate NBA players. There is no D-League fluff at the middle of the bench. Those guys can be fun to watch and root for, but they don't exist on 7-seed teams. Unfortunately, that is likely still the ceiling. With the short mini-camp and extended off-season, you never know what injuries will play a factor, but I now expect this team to make the play-offs. We shall see.