• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors to work with David Lee on trading him

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, David Lee was the ultimate professional this year. He lost his job, mainly due to injury and then lost his spot in the rotation. Not once this season did you hear him say a bad word about the team, about the process or about the coaching staff. From day 1, whether or not you've been a fan of his play, you have to admit that he has always been a great team player.

That being said, the Warriors have acknowledged Lee's desire to move on to a team that can utilize his abilities and are going to work with him and his agent to get him. David could still put up numbers for a team that needs him and he'll be on the last year with a big expiring contract.

I'm very curious to see what the Warriors might be able to get for him. I'm not sure if he'll be a guy that the Warriors need to throw in a draft pick with or if the Warriors may be able to get something of value in return for him.

Thanks David Lee for being a bright spot during some rough years.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post, CS. I agree wholeheartedly. If you watched Lee this year, languishing on the bench most of the time, you'd figure he was just a bad player who didn't deserve any playing time. But, you'd see him laughing, smiling and cheering on all of his teammates. He and Curry have a special relationship, it seems. They were the best two players on the team for a little while before Thompson's emergence. I wish nothing but the best for Lee. He will be cheered on loudly when he returns to Oracle or the next arena that GS plays in. He'll get a standing ovation when that time comes.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Lee traded to Boston for Gerald Wallace and another player (salary match).

Financially a great move for the Warriors. Wallace may or may not bring anything of value to the team. But the team didn't have to get rid of any assets to make this work. That's the bonus.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallace is "spent", in my opinion. I'll be following Lee in Boston, though. Happy that he went to a team that's sort of on the rise.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, David Lee was the ultimate professional this year. He lost his job, mainly due to injury and then lost his spot in the rotation. Not once this season did you hear him say a bad word about the team, about the process or about the coaching staff. From day 1, whether or not you've been a fan of his play, you have to admit that he has always been a great team player.

That being said, the Warriors have acknowledged Lee's desire to move on to a team that can utilize his abilities and are going to work with him and his agent to get him. David could still put up numbers for a team that needs him and he'll be on the last year with a big expiring contract.

I'm very curious to see what the Warriors might be able to get for him. I'm not sure if he'll be a guy that the Warriors need to throw in a draft pick with or if the Warriors may be able to get something of value in return for him.

Thanks David Lee for being a bright spot during some rough years.

Also, DLee flew a whole team to Las Vegas to celebrate the championships together. Very nice gesture from him.

The Golden State Warriors celebrate their NBA crown in Las Vegas - LA Times

Turbo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Lee is just with Boston to boost his stock for next summer. He is just after the $$$ once the TV deal kicks in.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Lee is just with Boston to boost his stock for next summer. He is just after the $$$ once the TV deal kicks in.
Slander

Turbo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...essentially what you're saying is..he has a very competent agent working for him,doing what he was hired to do?

okay...gotcha.

:thumb:

Maybe it comes down to him actually wanting to play versus sitting on the bench collecting DNPs?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well of course..that's 1st and foremost...what player wouldn't?

The thing is...DLee is the type of guy who'd play for free if he had to...

Quoted wrong on that. That was directed at the Chris Broussard quote. Just fyi, we're on the same page as this one.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great for both sides. Lee can still play & contribute by showing youngsters how to be professionals.

Wallace will provide depth and can still play good defense when needed.

Turbo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...essentially what you're saying is..he has a very competent agent working for him,doing what he was hired to do?

okay...gotcha.

:thumb:

I was just simply saying he is chasing the $$$. Not mentioning his agent.

In a detailed response, it would be he wants to go somewhere that he can get playing time as a starter (GSW and Lee worked mutually to find a new spot for him to get minutes and play ball.) Boston ended up being that destination. He will likely be the best big man on the roster if he plays well and remains healthy. (lost his starting spot to D. Green after hamstring injury) After recovering from the injury, Kerr made the right decision by keeping Green as the starting PF. I think GSW went something like 21-2 in the first 23 games. While Lee missed 24 of the first 25 games. Therefore, Lee racked up the DNPs via Kerr's decision. Now after the championship and with 1yr left on his 6yr/80mil expiring deal. He wants to boost his stock this upcoming season with BOS and feature his talents to the rest of the league with intentions of getting another big contract.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great for both sides. Lee can still play & contribute by showing youngsters how to be professionals.

Really not convinced that he'll be able to do much of anything anymore. Last few seasons have not been kind to him.

The biggest value is team saves money, and if need be, create a roster space by waiving Wallace. If the Warriors are able to pick off a buy-out vet later in the season that could help them, that's the biggest bonus.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really not convinced that he'll be able to do much of anything anymore. Last few seasons have not been kind to him.

The biggest value is team saves money, and if need be, create a roster space by waiving Wallace. If the Warriors are able to pick off a buy-out vet later in the season that could help them, that's the biggest bonus.
Maybe. But,you have to see the court to produce. His PT has been severely limited.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just simply saying he is chasing the $$$. Not mentioning his agent.

In a detailed response, it would be he wants to go somewhere that he can get playing time as a starter (GSW and Lee worked mutually to find a new spot for him to get minutes and play ball.) Boston ended up being that destination. He will likely be the best big man on the roster if he plays well and remains healthy. (lost his starting spot to D. Green after hamstring injury) After recovering from the injury, Kerr made the right decision by keeping Green as the starting PF. I think GSW went something like 21-2 in the first 23 games. While Lee missed 24 of the first 25 games. Therefore, Lee racked up the DNPs via Kerr's decision. Now after the championship and with 1yr left on his 6yr/80mil expiring deal. He wants to boost his stock this upcoming season with BOS and feature his talents to the rest of the league with intentions of getting another big contract.

There was nothing wrong with what you said. Your initial post just rubbed a few the wrong way, sort of portraying Lee as someone only after the money. Lee's been a favorite of a lot of us over the years even if his play wasn't conducive to our new up-tempo style. Many of us felt especially bad for him this year, but were proud of how he handled his demotion.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My guess is that we will waive Wallace to take advantage of the stretch provision. I read that waiving Wallace can save the Warriors $30 million.