• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Warriors and the Pelicans Series, 2014-15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I'm just going to list the game dates and times to begin with. I'm on the way to New Orleans now to go to the game. I got two tickets courtside for just $30. Can't believe it.

April 18 12:30 pst ABC in Oakland

April 20 7:30 pst TNT in Oakland

April 23 6:30 pst TNT in New Orleans

April 25 5:00 pst ESPN in New Orleans

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great defense so far. If the Ws go far in the playoffs, the defense has to be stellar.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting and pretty effective strategy employed at the end by the Pelicans. With all the poor foul shooters on the Warriors squad I'm surprised other teams haven't tried it during the season.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one weakness of the Dubs is their inability to close games. It will cost them down the road in this playoffs.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final score: GS 106 - NO 99

Very un warrior-like game from the FT line today (21-34)...Yikes.
I see it as an aberration. They'll address it and improve on that moving forward.

Also.....the 3 refs in this one sucked.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one weakness of the Dubs is their inability to close games. It will cost them down the road in this playoffs.

Just the one weakness? What about all the poor foul shooters, and how they start games so sloppy, and how they can't handle big teams, and how they shoot too many 3s, and how they don't play defense, and how they lose focus, and how fragile the players are....that's like 7 weaknesses!

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final score: GS 106 - NO 99

Very un warrior-like game from the FT line today (21-34)...Yikes.
I see it as an aberration. They'll address it and improve on that moving forward.

Also.....the 3 refs in this one sucked.
They need to figure out how to close out games. If they played 4th quarters the way they play the first three, they'd be unbeatable. Can't continue to get up by 25 or 30 and then have to scramble to win games. It will bite them against better teams than NOLA.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just the one weakness? What about all the poor foul shooters, and how they start games so sloppy, and how they can't handle big teams, and how they shoot too many 3s, and how they don't play defense, and how they lose focus, and how fragile the players are....that's like 7 weaknesses!
OK, I'll amend that to say the "biggest" weakness. All astute observers of this team know about the sometimes sloppy play and not protecting the ball, I thought that went without saying so I didn't mention it.

As for foul shooting, Iguodala, Green and Bogut you definitely don't want at the foul line with the game in the balance. Even Curry and Thompson missed three each today.

Your assertion that the team does not play defense is laughable. If you think this team doesn't play defense, which doesn't surprise me, then you haven't watched them.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

is this sarcasm?....lol

They need to figure out how to close out games. If they played 4th quarters the way they play the first three, they'd be unbeatable. Can't continue to get up by 25 or 30 and then have to scramble to win games. It will bite them against better teams than NOLA.

They'll be fine, fellas....lets not get too carried away by looking for a few negatives in a game they won.
Another thing to consider was the early west coast start for this game.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this sarcasm?....lol

Never mind MSG. He's got his panties all in a bunch about the Giants face plant this season. We all predicted it after the cash grab by ownership in the off season decimated the team's talent and morale but poor MSG refused to see it and predicted the Giants would win the division. Now he is angry.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this sarcasm?....lol

They'll be fine, fellas....lets not get too carried away by looking for a few negatives in a game they won.
Another thing to consider was the early west coast start for this game.

Oh, definitely. No way they lose this series to a team like NOLA, but if they pull this disappearing act in the 4th quarter against San Antonio they will get bit. two ears ago we saw it against San Antonio in the playoffs. But for some terrible finishes they'd have won that series.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, definitely. No way they lose this series to a team like NOLA, but if they pull this disappearing act in the 4th quarter against San Antonio they will get bit. two ears ago we saw it against San Antonio in the playoffs. But for some terrible finishes they'd have won that series.

This is a much better coached team than that one....and I'm not so sure the Spurs will even get to see the dubs again, because I think the Clippers will send SA packing....lol

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching replay of Curry schooling Davis with the left hand three point play just before half. Laughed out loud.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a much better coached team than that one....and I'm not so sure the Spurs will even get to see the dubs again, because I think the Clippers will send SA packing....lol

I hope so but I seriously doubt it. But you are correct, this team is much, much, better coached. Jackson was dumb as a rock when it came to in game strategy.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot go to sleep with a 25 point lead and let the other team go on a 14 to nothing run to close the 3rd and open the 4th quarter and you cannot allow a player to score 22 points in the 4th quarter.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've closed games very well all year. If the team makes a few more free throws, I don't think we'd be sweating the close victory.

The team looked dominant at times and listless for crucial stretches, especially with Curry on the bench. Livingston was atrocious.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've closed games very well all year. If the team makes a few more free throws, I don't think we'd be sweating the close victory.

The team looked dominant at times and listless for crucial stretches, especially with Curry on the bench. Livingston was atrocious.

I did notice that playing time was severely curtailed during this game. I wonder if that will be the norm for the post season. We only saw Iguodala and Barbossa in their normal roles along with a cameo appearance from Ezili. And that completely ineffective performance you mentioned from Livingston really stood out.

I don't like the way the Dubs allow teams that are getting blown out to get back in the game and nearly pull out vicotries like we saw today and against the Grizzlies last week.

I'd also like to see what Thompson's free throw percentage is in the 4th quarter late. He has a good overall percentage but it seems to me he misses a lot of them near the end of close games as he did today.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did notice that playing time was severely curtailed during this game. I wonder if that will be the norm for the post season. We only saw Iguodala and Barbossa in their normal roles along with a cameo appearance from Ezili. And that completely ineffective performance you mentioned from Livingston really stood out.

I don't like the way the Dubs allow teams that are getting blown out to get back in the game and nearly pull out vicotries like we saw today and against the Grizzlies last week.

I'd also like to see what Thompson's free throw percentage is in the 4th quarter late. He has a good overall percentage but it seems to me he misses a lot of them near the end of close games as he did today.
This game reminded me more of the Dubs from a season ago. The bench was so weak a year ago, with no proven scorers. The starters would dominate, only to see the lead dwindle with the second team in there.

Livingston is the vet. He needs to come in, slow the game down, and get guys open looks. He failed miserably. Maybe Kerr will give Speights more minutes in game 2, since he and Livingston play well together. The problem, of course, is that neither Speights nor Lee can guard anybody.

Hopefully a cleaner game in game 2. At times today it looked as if the Pelicans would lose by 30. Damn shocked to be biting my nails during the last three minutes.