• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WaPo: Scherff "Purely" A Guard, Has Problems With Speed Rushers, Not Worth Taking At Five

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said only 3 people in the world still don't believe it:

Shark
Dad
Sherff's mom

That's it, that's the list.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said only 3 people in the world still don't believe it:

Shark
Dad
Sherff's mom

That's it, that's the list.

Scherff's mom just asked that you remove her name from that list. j/k

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well there are definitely more ready pass blocking OTs out there

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how this happened, when it appeared Scherff and the guard handled this perfectly.
Is this guy playing on roller skates, LOL at this film.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how this happened, when it appeared Scherff and the guard handled this perfectly.
Is this guy playing on roller skates, LOL at this film.
That was the MD game where Scherff was manhandled all game. :noidea:

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, didn't realize he was that bad in the MD game. If he comes here, hope he takes those roller skates off since a lot of those pass pro issues at OT can also haunt him as an OG.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i am sure one game makes it definite . but i have posted numerous tapes showing he can pass block

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and people are wanting Fowler who got manhandled by Collins who most on here says is a guard as well we have to trade down period or WR will be the pick because no OLB in this draft is worth the 5th overall pick

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i am sure one game makes it definite . but i have posted numerous tapes showing he can pass block

It's not just one game. The video there is representative of his pass pro skills. I'm sure Scherff has some great pancake blocks of speed rushers he's faced. Unfortunately, they're too few and far between.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, didn't realize he was that bad in the MD game. If he comes here, hope he takes those roller skates off since a lot of those pass pro issues at OT can also haunt him as an OG.
To be fair, the MD game really was a head scratcherr. This was an exception, not the rule. And everybody has a bad game. It's even possible he was injured in some way that day.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, the MD game really was a head scratcherr. This was an exception, not the rule. And everybody has a bad game. It's even possible he was injured in some way that day.

I can agree to that. I didn't see the game myself, but I can't imagine anyone being that bad for an extended period of time and also being projected as a first rounder. My point, however, is that Scherff's issues with pass pro were more the rule than the exception. That's why there's now a near unanimous consensus of those opining that he's got pass pro issues and can't play OT.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We heard from a hardcore Iowa fan who has watched every snap this guy took. He agreed with everyone else who has shared their opinion: great run blocker (duh), poor in pass protection and because of this will probably need to play guard.

Again this is an Iowa fan who has watching him play. I'll take that over a Redskins fan who WANTS him to be a good offensive tackle.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We heard from a hardcore Iowa fan who has watched every snap this guy took. He agreed with everyone else who has shared their opinion: great run blocker (duh), poor in pass protection and because of this will probably need to play guard.

Again this is an Iowa fan who has watching him play. I'll take that over a Redskins fan who WANTS him to be a good offensive tackle.

I've written down the response to this post . . .

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will take the opinion of SM over both of them. We will see after next month. I will be shaking my head if some here & elsewhere badmouth SM right after the draft over the picks he makes since they are not in sync with theirs (it is fine to do this in a few years but laughable to do this immediately after the draft).

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang Cali, I swear I didn't steal your post, specifically the word co
I will take the opinion of SM over both of them. We will see after next month. I will be shaking my head if some here & elsewhere badmouth SM right after the draft over the picks he makes since they are not in sync with theirs (it is fine to do this in a few years but laughable to do this immediately after the draft).

Absolutely. I get it, message boards are for sharing opinions and it would be pretty boring if we all agreed. But I'm on record as saying I'll support what ever pick SM makes, even if it's MM or Scherff, because his track record shows that he knows more than all of us put together.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. If SM picks Scherff at five, I'll be happy with that. Setting all of what I said about him aside, he's still a darn good OG and will definitely fill a pressing need if he comes here. But the fact that his name hasn't surfaced in connection with our beloved Redskins seems a bit telling, though you never know what's going on behind the scenes.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather draft Cooper or White at the fifth than him. An offensive lineman with poor pass blocking coming to a team with a pass happy coach who ignores the run? Yeah thats not a wasted pick at all.