• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wanted, big fat guys

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In need of 5 big fat guys who only need to get in someones way and possibly slow them down.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get in line with over half the teams in the NFL that need the same thing... It's called supply and demand... Problem is, the demand is much higher than the supply w/out the good talent coming out of college any more at this position like we grew accustomed to seeing a decade ago...

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh we just need 4 big fat guys... The center fat guy is doing pretty damn well.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe if we could get a solid RT and LT our OL will be in good shape... Too many mistakes that a young group of interior guys are trying to compensate for at the tackle positions...Fant was absolutely dreadful yesterday as well as Gilliam...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah man, I saw this and was hopeful. Unfortunately i am not both fat AND talented.......maybe next time

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forests don't grow overnight, and we sure as aren't going to go out and spend $50M of 2017 cap money this off-season for a new line. Britt is fine at C, Ifedi is a 1st rounder at RG, and Glowinski is a first year starter at LG who the coaches like; those 3 positions are pretty locked in. We'll see what they think of Fant going forward, but I don't see a bunch of external fixes to the current line in store.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe if we could get a solid RT and LT our OL will be in good shape... Too many mistakes that a young group of interior guys are trying to compensate for at the tackle positions...Fant was absolutely dreadful yesterday as well as Gilliam...

Looking back I wish we would a kept Okung... I hated seeing him walk for so cheap ...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back I wish we would a kept Okung... I hated seeing him walk for so cheap ...
The recent lockerroom blowup he had with some of the defensive players plus his big numbers for 2017 may make it tough for Denver to keep him around. I would welcome him back, though he's probably going to bring his durability issues with him. Lots of complaints about his false starts as well when he was here.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The recent lockerroom blowup he had with some of the defensive players plus his big numbers for 2017 may make it tough for Denver to keep him around. I would welcome him back, though he's probably going to bring his durability issues with him. Lots of complaints about his false starts as well when he was here.

I would welcome him back also ...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never a huge fan of Okung. Don't get me wrong, he was way better then what we have going on now but it used to drive me nuts with the F.S.'s and holding calls. He hasn't been all that great for Denver from the few games I've seen either. I think the Hawks were trying to somehow find a diamond in the rough with Fant but it is really hard for a kid that has never played there to learn on the job. Every now and then, the kid shows a little something but it's pretty tough out there in such a key position. I doubt there is a really easy fix here in the short term.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okung was a legit probowler for one year, but still better than fant. If he was "cheap" i would take him back.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he wasn't going to sign HERE for that cheap.

Then why didn't it happen ? He's not elite but he still locks it down good enough ... Having him at LT right now would be a good thing...

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no on Okung coming back. What about his play in Denver suggests he's an impact guy anymore?
Then why didn't it happen ? He's not elite but he still locks it down good enough ... Having him at LT right now would be a good thing...

You lost me. He was NOT going to sign in Seattle for a cheap deal. He'd put in his time, he was a vet, and he expected to be paid like it by the Hawks.

He played for Denver on a prove it deal that he negotiated himself.

He wasn't going to sign in Seattle for that money.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no on Okung coming back. What about his play in Denver suggests he's an impact guy anymore?

You lost me. He was NOT going to sign in Seattle for a cheap deal. He'd put in his time, he was a vet, and he expected to be paid like it by the Hawks.

He played for Denver on a prove it deal that he negotiated himself.

He wasn't going to sign in Seattle for that money.

Oh my bad, I misread your other post...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Okung would have made a big difference this year anyway guys. We've all been talking about bad O-line play for 3 seasons now. Beastmode used to mask some of the issues with the yards after contact runs. And R.W.'s running ability in past years covered up a lot. With the injuries, Wilson was a dead duck for much of the season. That, with no real #1 RB and the O-line is badly exposed. Having Okung would have been a slight upgrade and we would still likely be complaining about the play of the line anyway.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a Q & A session on twitter, someone asked Big Walt if he had any interest in being the OL coach if asked. Naturally he said yes. I would love too see it since he would bring his wisdom and technique and show these guys a thing or two. If Cable is still here, I still wouldn't mind if they asked Big Walt to be an assistant and help coach these guys up.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a Q & A session on twitter, someone asked Big Walt if he had any interest in being the OL coach if asked. Naturally he said yes. I would love too see it since he would bring his wisdom and technique and show these guys a thing or two. If Cable is still here, I still wouldn't mind if they asked Big Walt to be an assistant and help coach these guys up.

Interesting idea, but let me throw this out there. ELITE athletes sometimes make terrible coaches.

Wayne Gretzky comes to mind.

Because they're great they have trouble communicating to players how to do stuff that came easily to them. Conversely some of the worst players make the best coaches, because they had to do all the little things in order to even get to play.

Having said that, I have NO idea whether Walt would make a good coach or not.

How's he feel about not having a life, and living at the complex 24/7 9 months out of the year?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting idea, but let me throw this out there. ELITE athletes sometimes make terrible coaches.

Wayne Gretzky comes to mind.

Because they're great they have trouble communicating to players how to do stuff that came easily to them. Conversely some of the worst players make the best coaches, because they had to do all the little things in order to even get to play.

Having said that, I have NO idea whether Walt would make a good coach or not.

How's he feel about not having a life, and living at the complex 24/7 9 months out of the year?

That's an excellent point you bring up. I have no idea what or if any coaching experience he has, just sounded like an idea he must have thought about. Maybe he could be brought on board as a consultant or something like that.