• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

walks

dave1978

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GO RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craziness...I think Roberts has seen 5 pitches all night...bases loaded no outs 1-0 count...why the fuck do u swing?

Nearing end of ball game, in this situation, why is your approach not to get into a hitters count? 1-0 and BRob swings at a ball that would have skipped into the catchers mitt had he let it go. You have to be looking for a pitch you can drive into the OF. At the very least, trade 1 out for 1 run with 2 outs to score another run to tie. The blame has to fall directly on the Manager and Hitting coach. These past few weeks have been dreadful to watch. I'm sorry to say this team is out of contention for the post season based on the continued poor performance and poor fundamentals. And that's no laughing matter.

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry to say this team is out of contention for the post season based on the continued poor performance and poor fundamentals. And that's no laughing matter.

Sadly, this team might be out even if they improve. The fact is that this team is currently 1 game back relative to a year ago, and last year's team won 2/3 of the subsequent games afterward. That's just not going to happen.

(Bold suggestion: Maybe they should consider following the example of the 2012 Ravens by replacing Showalter, Adair, and/or Presley late in the season?)

Last edited by a moderator:

calfan810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nearing end of ball game, in this situation, why is your approach not to get into a hitters count? 1-0 and BRob swings at a ball that would have skipped into the catchers mitt had he let it go. You have to be looking for a pitch you can drive into the OF. At the very least, trade 1 out for 1 run with 2 outs to score another run to tie. The blame has to fall directly on the Manager and Hitting coach. These past few weeks have been dreadful to watch. I'm sorry to say this team is out of contention for the post season based on the continued poor performance and poor fundamentals. And that's no laughing matter.

well the blame for roberts swinging at that pitch isnt on the coaches...its on the 35 yr old 10+ yr vet to know situation and WTF to do...the blame i put on the coaches is NO CONSEQUENCES FOR THIS...the blame the coaches should get is the endless amounts of excuses that cover play like this, in essence making it acceptable...

much like a qb not knowing down and distance...3rd and 4 down by 1 on the opponent's 45 yd line, 25 seconds to go and the qb throws the hailmary into the end zone...instead throwin8 an 8 yd out to get outta bounds to stop the clock

Last edited by a moderator: