• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wake up MOFO's... It's Week 11 NFL Football! 11/19 Thread:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best defense in the league, imo. Just imagine how good this team could be with even above average QB play.
I did pick them to win the Super Bowl with my preseason picks thinking that Watson would at least be average.

That said, lots of good defenses in the AFC

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens and Bucs won Super Bowls with great defense and shitty QB play.

That D is nasty, and getting better every week.
Yeah, but that's 20 years ago now and the game favors offenses so much more now. Johnson and Dilfer weren't good but they weren't entirely awful either. The Browns should probably sign somebody like Flacco and see if he's got just enough.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't like their chances. Maybe a 3 seed and at least a home game but might catch a bad match-up.
I think the Dolphins are being counted out by some when they shouldn’t be - I like what they have - a very explosive offense and a decent defense. The AFC race is wide open, I would say the Fins are the 3rd best behind the Chiefs and Ravens right now. I’ll say this about the Fins as well, they are an outstanding home team, if they could somehow snag home field advantage they would be a hard out IMO as they have an advantage at Hard Rock Stadium, other teams aren’t used to playing in the South Florida heat at this time of year. I think the Fins have a chance in the playoffs.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but that's 20 years ago now and the game favors offenses so much more now. Johnson and Dilfer weren't good but they weren't entirely awful either. The Browns should probably sign somebody like Flacco and see if he's got just enough.

Excellent point.

It is a QB league, and you have to score points regardless of how badass your defense may be.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
broncos won in 2015 with a broken peyton :suds:

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers upset the Chargers - Staley is gone IMO.

a) I'm not upset
b) I doubt they'll can him now, but he won't make it past this season unless something spectacular happens for them

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Dolphins are being counted out by some when they shouldn’t be - I like what they have - a very explosive offense and a decent defense. The AFC race is wide open, I would say the Fins are the 3rd best behind the Chiefs and Ravens right now. I’ll say this about the Fins as well, they are an outstanding home team, if they could somehow snag home field advantage they would be a hard out IMO as they have an advantage at Hard Rock Stadium, other teams aren’t used to playing in the South Florida heat at this time of year. I think the Fins have a chance in the playoffs.

Great post. Thanks for the insight and will to post as much.

I really want Tua to prove me wrong, but he is in no way an elite QB that wins games in December and January.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Niners TD play was a fantastically designed play. Shanahan is the real deal with offensive play calling/design

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners go up 7-0 on Bucs on a Purdy to McCaffrey TD pass.

Bills up 3-0 after forcing a fumble on the opening kick, this game is a must win for the Bills and that’s not overstating it, I think they have to win today if they are going to make the playoffs.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions, and the two teams that were in the Superbowl are the only teams with 2 or fewer losses.

Lions the only team without a Kelce and a Swift that have 2 or fewer losses.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post. Thanks for the insight and will to post as much.

I really want Tua to prove me wrong, but he is in no way an elite QB that wins games in December and January.
I don’t agree about Tua, I think he’s capable of winning in the playoffs, and I think if he had been healthy last year the Fins would’ve beaten the Bills in the Wild Card round, they almost won with Skylar Thompson at QB in Buffalo last January.

It’s interesting to me how many seem to be counting the Fins out while saying the Browns are legitimate Super Bowl contenders. No offense to anyone, and I’m not trying to make a hot take or be edgy, but I’ll be stunned if the Browns get near the Super Bowl - you can’t win in the playoffs with subpar QB play, and DTR or PJ Walker or whoever the Browns play at QB are not capable of being strong enough to get to a Super Bowl IMO. Offense is more important than defense in the modern NFL and the Browns just don’t have a good offense without Deshaun and Chubb, they won’t go anywhere if they make the playoffs IMO.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t agree about Tua, I think he’s capable of winning in the playoffs, and I think if he had been healthy last year the Fins would’ve beaten the Bills in the Wild Card round, they almost won with Skylar Thompson at QB in Buffalo last January.

It’s interesting to me how many seem to be counting the Fins out while saying the Browns are legitimate Super Bowl contenders. No offense to anyone, and I’m not trying to make a hot take or be edgy, but I’ll be stunned if the Browns get near the Super Bowl - you can’t win in the playoffs with subpar QB play, and DTR or PJ Walker or whoever the Browns play at QB are not capable of being strong enough to get to a Super Bowl IMO. Offense is more important than defense in the modern NFL and the Browns just don’t have a good offense without Deshaun and Chubb, they won’t go anywhere if they make the playoffs IMO.

Top end stuff right there. Can't argue with much.

Excellent post yet again.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

phins havent beat a team with a winning record

browns im not buying either :suds: