• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: W12: Seahawks vs WFT Thread... *MUST WIN*

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team hasn't looked motivated for weeks now. Even when they set up plays pre-snap they look like they are giving the least effort possible. I don't know why that is, but it's noticeable. Hell, even our "rah, rah, let's go boys!" QB is looking unmotivated. He's usually running up and down the sidelines in close games being positive and hyping the troops, but lately he's been sitting on the bench staring at his IPAD and keeping quiet. He might need a sports psychiatrist at this point, because I think his mental game is what's off.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this game felt Dirty, that one flag in the 3rd where the Hawks stopped them on 3rd down then they throw one for holding on both teams felt like a bail out for the WFT to get another shot at it. They replayed it a half dozen times and they couldn't find the Seahawk player that held. lol. WFT Ended up scoring a TD and 2pt conv on that drive instead of punting. That 100% felt like a dirty call. The onside kick yeah ok ... but not.

Guess it depends on the name of your team to be allowed to have someone inside the hash because Denver had it looked like 3 people including the kicker lol.

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this game felt Dirty, that one flag in the 3rd where the Hawks stopped them on 3rd down then they throw one for holding on both teams felt like a bail out for the WFT to get another shot at it. They replayed it a half dozen times and they couldn't find the Seahawk player that held. lol. WFT Ended up scoring a TD and 2pt conv on that drive instead of punting. That 100% felt like a dirty call.

Refs 100% played dirty....

The only two TDs they got were aided heavily by the refs on non-existent calls. That said, whatever... Seattle's season was basically 95%+ over and now it's 100% over... It's just a mess at all levels. Coaching is suspect, and Wilson REFUSES to pass over the middle to WIDE OPEN receivers... I swear the only passes he knows how to do at this point are bombs down field, out routes, or screens..... every other pass option is a no go. I'm not sure if that's coaching or Wilson, but either way the cause of it has to go.

When Seattle FINALLY moved the ball towards the end of the game... OH BIG SHOCKER, middle of the field passes....

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had the ball for only 18 minutes. We only had 34 rushing yards (Wilson had 16 of those in desperation time). We only had 10 first downs. TEN!!! to their 27 first downs. I mean, you can't win games with numbers like that. Yes, some of the ref's calls were very timely for Washington but Seattle just played like shit too. Oddly enough Wilson's stat line is surprising decent if you just see the numbers and didn't watch the game. 20 for 31, 247 yards and 2 TDs, no INT's. Not bad on paper, but the truth is he looked way off tonight.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want our first round pick back, Adams is not worth the capital. We gave up a possible top 5 pick in the 1st a 1st last year a 3rd AND a player.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had the ball for only 18 minutes. We only had 34 rushing yards (Wilson had 16 of those in desperation time). We only had 10 first downs. TEN!!! to their 27 first downs. I mean, you can't win games with numbers like that. Yes, some of the ref's calls were very timely for Washington but Seattle just played like shit too. Oddly enough Wilson's stat line is surprising decent if you just see the numbers and didn't watch the game. 20 for 31, 247 yards and 2 TDs, no INT's. Not bad on paper, but the truth is he looked way off tonight.

oh yeah they did, that offense is pure and utter trash. Worst offense we have EVER seen. This offense is giving the mid 90's offense a run for it's money. I would like to have Bevell back please... please? If I beg and beg? No? oh well.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yeah they did, that offense is pure and utter trash. Worst offense we have EVER seen. This offense is giving the mid 90's offense a run for it's money. I would like to have Bevell back please... please? If I beg and beg? No? oh well.
We only had 11 drives. 6 of them were 3 and outs. One was a 4 and out. And we even had a 2 and out thanks to the Collins fumble. Just brutal.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks didn't play well enough to deserve a win. The D generally did but the offense is just plain bad. No run game at all.

That being said, the refs really sucked and played a big part in the outcome. Extending drives via questionable calls was an issue that shouldn't go only one way quite so often.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson this season

View attachment 283998

Yeah Wilson has looked bad and has shocked me a little with the fact that he looks scared out there. Wilson actually looks like he is playing scared and seeing ghosts. He had Wide open men right in front of him and I think he is looking at the Dline and has dropped his eyes. He isn't playing on instincts but is always looking like he is forcing it, I have never seen him like this. Wilson right now is completely broken. The Fumble by Collins was also HUGE! I mean Hawks might have walked away with points there.

Last edited:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Wilson has looked bad and has shocked me a little with the fact that he looks scared out there. Wilson actually looks like he is playing scared and seeing ghosts. He had Wide open men right in front of him and I think he is looking at the Dline and has dropped his eyes. He isn't playing on instincts but is always looking like he is forcing it, I have never seen him like this. Wilson right now is completely broken. The Fumble by Collins was also HUGE! I mean Hawks might have walked away with points there.
He literally looks broken

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just seems unmotivated all day until the last drive … Finally started using the middle of the field and looking hungry… Something is wrong…

this was nice to see, that whole long drive at the end. It is the only bright spot of the whole game because it was just functioning well enough to show us something. going to Swain for the 2 points though meh, i throw it to Lockett because A) it most likely wont get Picked off. B) Lockett got mugged and thrown down which would have drawn a flag, and C) Lockett might have caught it lol.

Stings even more this season all because of that missing 1st round pick, DAMN IT! picking that high they could have got a top Olineman to anchor the team ( LT? ) or Someone that could be a stud in the pass rush so we don't get almost zero pressure every damn game.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just listenting to Mike Salk interview Pete Carroll this morning and one of things Carroll said that stood out to me when asked this question... When asked, Waldron needs to do to scheme receivers open... Carroll basically said, "our receivers are open"... He frustrated with RW?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed sharing comments after last week's loss, but at this point each game is more or less a repeat of the last:
  • The offense is broken. Still. Russell is clearly not 100%, evidenced by the 2-3 throws he sails or misses each game that just don't match up from what we've seen from him at any other time in his career. I find it interesting to see how many people are turning on him (not in her necessarily -- I haven't read many posts about the last few games) after how long he has been an elite QB. The team is definitely bad, but blaming its best player for it doesn't make a ton of sense to me. People like to be able to point the finger at a singular villain when things go bad instead of having to do the detective work to figure out the true culprit, so to a degree I get it.
  • We can't run the ball. Other teams seem to be able to plug guys in and do ok, but we have constantly struggled to have any sort of ground game unless everything is perfect.
  • The defense has some weaknesses, but it consistently puts in fully acceptable efforts that ultimately just aren't quite enough to overcome the lack of offensive output. They were bitten by refball a bit last night as well, with some of the more ridiculous/tight calls strung together that I've seen in a while. No idea why the Rasheem Green off-side was called (play even blown dead) when no OL moved and Green got back before the snap, didn't touch anyone, not unabated to the QB, etc. Did I miss a rule change? The retroactive hold -- on same possession I think -- to extend that drive (ultimately a TD drive) was also pretty pathetic. Jamal Adams, Jordyn Brooks, and Bobby Wagner all had strong games. The D held up well despite the O's inability to sustain drives and help out with some points...but eventually they wear out.
We can more or less start the off-season now and plan how to set the stage for what we will do in 2022 and beyond. If we just run it back with this same menu of both players and coaches, I'll be shocked and disappointed. In the category of "All Good Things Come to an End" I think it's time for both PC and JS to move on and make opportunity for a new direction with this team. At least that's what I would do, and for these reasons:
  • Pete isn't going to adapt/change. It worked when we had an elite defense that allowed us to beat on opponents for 3 quarters and then pull away in the 4th, but those days are long over. We haven't seen any sort of offensive innovation with the offense this year despite bringing in someone who was supposedly the next great offensive mind (or at least being able to install the Rams blueprint) and having one of the best QBs in the league. And I put that on Pete. I think he turtled up the offense in the middle of last year, and it hasn't been different this season outside of some now seemingly accidental stretches of production. We on the verge of wasting almost the entirety of Russell Wilson's prime years by sticking with what hasn't really worked for a while now.
  • If it's either a Pete Carroll or Russell Wilson choice, the more rare commodity is the QB. And it's not close. Teams around the league spend several years and multiple 1st round picks hoping to get a franchise QB that's 75% as good as the one we already have. Teams that have elite franchise QBs don't choose to no longer have them, as a rule. Musing about a potential trade after the season? Russell Wilson would be the first HOF level QB traded in the prime of his career in NFL history. Maybe it will happen some day, but so far it hasn't. Ever. High quality head coaches would line up to come here for an opportunity to coach Russell Wilson for the remaining ~5 years of his prime. If PC were to become available tomorrow, his phone isn't ringing. At least not with an NFL team on the other end.
  • JS has been great overall, but it's been quite a while since he turned in a good draft. We have players here and there that have worked out, but for the most part we haven't successfully built a roster around an elite QB that can get back to being a true contender. You either have to believe that, OR you have to look at the coach for not taking the talent provided him and making a contender out of it. Either way, you're implicating the HC or the GM, and they've clearly operated and carried themselves a package deal.
The worst thing that could happen to this team right now is to somehow turn things around enough to squeak into the playoffs and fool us (and ownership) into thinking that going forward it can still work the way it is. The fabric of this team is compromised, and you have to change stuff at the top in order to fix it. If for some bizarre reason the organization sides with PC in the divorce, I hope they ship Russ off to a team that will truly buy in to his skills and build around him & run an offense that takes full advantage of what he can do.

Robbie Ray to the Mariners! Pitchers and catchers report in under 80 days! Looking to the Mariners in the middle of football season is a sure sign of the state of the Hawks....

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this was nice to see, that whole long drive at the end. It is the only bright spot of the whole game because it was just functioning well enough to show us something. going to Swain for the 2 points though meh, i throw it to Lockett because A) it most likely wont get Picked off. B) Lockett got mugged and thrown down which would have drawn a flag, and C) Lockett might have caught it lol.

Stings even more this season all because of that missing 1st round pick, DAMN IT! picking that high they could have got a top Olineman to anchor the team ( LT? ) or Someone that could be a stud in the pass rush so we don't get almost zero pressure every damn game.

Exactly !!! It’s so infuriating that we’re gonna end up with a top 10 pick most likely that’s gonna go to the Jets … Pete “@&$ this up gambling with the franchises future… I thought Pete had more common sense than this, he knows the importance of draft picks, and last year only having 3 picks !!! 3 !!! Now we give up our first… He’s screwing up, he’s gotta get called out on this…

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly !!! It’s so infuriating that we’re gonna end up with a top 10 pick most likely that’s gonna go to the Jets … Pete “@&$ this up gambling with the franchises future… I thought Pete had more common sense than this, he knows the importance of draft picks, and last year only having 3 picks !!! 3 !!! Now we give up our first… He’s screwing up, he’s gotta get called out on this…

I seriously questioned Pete and the FO when they said, "We're fine with only 3 picks."

WHAT!? I've been saying to fire Norton for a while.... maybe I should've been saying fire Carroll.... HIs schemes and conservative style is WAY too out-dated for a league that heavily favors offensive football.... basically every division leading team has an offensive minded head coach (maybe with exception of BB, but he is also probably the greatest matchup schemer in NFL history, Pete is not).

The team routinely traded away tons of draft capital to try to hang onto something, and we're finally seeing the culmination of it....

Is it an overreaction? Eh... maybe. This is a team that went 12-4 last year (although lost in the WC round)... has routinely made the playoffs... but there was plenty of dissatisfaction from not only the players, but the fanbase last year and the puzzling offensive production once teams caught on with 100% stubborness by the coaches (maybe just Carroll) to make any sort of adjustment.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously questioned Pete and the FO when they said, "We're fine with only 3 picks."

WHAT!? I've been saying to fire Norton for a while.... maybe I should've been saying fire Carroll.... HIs schemes and conservative style is WAY too out-dated for a league that heavily favors offensive football.... basically every division leading team has an offensive minded head coach (maybe with exception of BB, but he is also probably the greatest matchup schemer in NFL history, Pete is not).

The team routinely traded away tons of draft capital to try to hang onto something, and we're finally seeing the culmination of it....

Is it an overreaction? Eh... maybe. This is a team that went 12-4 last year (although lost in the WC round)... has routinely made the playoffs... but there was plenty of dissatisfaction from not only the players, but the fanbase last year and the puzzling offensive production once teams caught on with 100% stubborness by the coaches (maybe just Carroll) to make any sort of adjustment.

Yep, desperate attempts to improve gambling with the future… Pete struck gold when he first arrived here, he also had 2 top draft picks his first year here which helped fuel the rebuild, and he did rebuild it all up, and he knows you build through the draft, you don’t build through free agency or trades, you bring in free agents that can help, sure, but you don’t build on that as a foundation… Our blown drafts are now showing up, we’re paying the credit card … I’m so ticked we gotta sit through a bad season and not get rewarded with a top pick, it’s so disappointing… I’m not sure Paul Allen’s sister is gonna hold Pete accountable either, sadly we’re gonna most likely have to ride this out and it’s gonna be several years of sub par football and then it’s gonna take the next coaching staff several years to rebuild… We’re in a bad spot right now, this franchise is about to fall flat for a long while because of Pete’s gambling habit… I appreciate what the guy accomplished as a coach, he got us our first Super Bowl title, I’ll always appreciate that, but he’s now turned the Seahawks into a decimated roster tinkering and gambling with draft picks that haven’t panned out… I mean every teams missed on picks, but we’ve missed on a LOT of picks lately, that first couple years of magical drafts is gone, long gone …

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just listenting to Mike Salk interview Pete Carroll this morning and one of things Carroll said that stood out to me when asked this question... When asked, Waldron needs to do to scheme receivers open... Carroll basically said, "our receivers are open"... He frustrated with RW?
He's not wrong. Had DK open on a third down and had another wide open in the middle when Russ instead went for the HR ball. They're open he's just not seeing them or just wants that HR hit.