• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: W12: Seahawks vs WFT Thread... *MUST WIN*

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're definitely in "MUST WIN" mode right about now...

Injuries for tomorrow so far are, Rashaad Penny (imagine that... He could be hitting IR again); Travis Homer; Damien Lewis, JaMarcus Jones...

Also, Alex Collins isn't totally healthy, he was limited in practice on Thursday...

I won't be surprised in the least if we drop this game...

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not expecting much this week. Being a Monday Night game, and given our zip for success rate in prime time this year, we won't be doing much.

Though I wouldn't rule out them actually trying something different after Carroll's post-game leaving and coming back from the last one. Don't know if they had any kind of conference after that one, but they should have after that.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well everything i hear is they have basically gone back to the basics on offense, Lets see what happens.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well everything i hear is they have basically gone back to the basics on offense, Lets see what happens.
Same... Seems like P. Carroll doesn't have much faith in Waldron's offensive philosphy this late into the season... Out of all the times to go back to basics, our running back corp is depleted... Alex Collins is hurt... DJ Dallas will be playing a larger role than normal... With all this said, I wonder if Waldron will be back next season if P. Carroll is still our HC...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same... Seems like P. Carroll doesn't have much faith in Waldron's offensive philosphy this late into the season... Out of all the times to go back to basics, our running back corp is depleted... Alex Collins is hurt... DJ Dallas will be playing a larger role than normal... With all this said, I wonder if Waldron will be back next season if P. Carroll is still our HC...
If Pete's gone I would assume JS would allow the new coach to for his own staff so I except this current one to go. Maybe a few lower level coaches would stay but new OC/DC/ST for sure.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't get any worse than what we have now unless they get blanked again which means this offense is totally broken.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was listening to something Chris Simms said something along the lines of " I have watched enough film of Wilson to know he is so risk adverse because of Pete he routinely passes on easy completions in the middle of the field because the risk is higher than the reward." So we have brought up the fact Wilson refuses to throw in the middle a thousand times if not more over the course of the last 3+ years. If Wilson wants to get back to being Elite he can not pass up on easy completions and trust his arm to make those throws. Right now Wilson is all smiles like always and he shouldn't be. His game is broken and he needs to just go back to playing ball.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this the game thread? if so maybe have @HaroldSeattle put the Game Thread tag on it since the OP forgot?

Hawks will be wearing the White on white look this game. First time this year I due believe, always like the white on white. White top with blue pants looks nice also but I prefer the White on white look.

Last edited:

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really the must win was 2 games ago

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was listening to something Chris Simms said something along the lines of " I have watched enough film of Wilson to know he is so risk adverse because of Pete he routinely passes on easy completions in the middle of the field because the risk is higher than the reward." So we have brought up the fact Wilson refuses to throw in the middle a thousand times if not more over the course of the last 3+ years. If Wilson wants to get back to being Elite he can not pass up on easy completions and trust his arm to make those throws. Right now Wilson is all smiles like always and he shouldn't be. His game is broken and he needs to just go back to playing ball.
yes, I don't understand the Hawks aversion to using screen passes more or just dinking and dunking down the field. It really helps against the pass rush too. Maybe Wilson wouldn't be running for his life so much if he'd get the ball out quicker on shorter routes. But he seems to always favor looking for the deep shot, which is fine if it's there, but moving the chains is just as important and it seems like the OC and Wilson haven't learned that lesson.

This season is a write off, but I would like to see the Hawks win 4 more games and keep us from having a losing season. Can we win 4 out of 7 games?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season is a write off, but I would like to see the Hawks win 4 more games and keep us from having a losing season. Can we win 4 out of 7 games?

Seahawks are 3-7. They're gonna have to win 6 of 7 to avoid a losing record. The next 3 are winnable, as long as the offense pulls itself together and the defense keeps playing like it has been.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, I don't understand the Hawks aversion to using screen passes more or just dinking and dunking down the field. It really helps against the pass rush too. Maybe Wilson wouldn't be running for his life so much if he'd get the ball out quicker on shorter routes. But he seems to always favor looking for the deep shot, which is fine if it's there, but moving the chains is just as important and it seems like the OC and Wilson haven't learned that lesson.

I'm confused, so a winning season to you is 7 wins 10 losses?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Simms is spot on with that comment, imo... This has been criticism of RW... A 4 or 5 yard pass on 1st and 10 is not a bad thing... Even on 2nd and 10...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Simms is spot on with that comment, imo... This has been criticism of RW... A 4 or 5 yard pass on 1st and 10 is not a bad thing... Even on 2nd and 10...
Spot on except for the risk adverse part, he throws long to WRs double covered and doesn hit the player 10 yard deep that is wide open. That’s not being risk adverse, I think he has trouble locating his second target ( too busy looking at the pass rush) is why he doesn’t throw short.

Last edited:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's to a good game with no injuries!

HTTR

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear its like sometimes it feels like Russ is trying to play himself out of town. Most high school QBs could of made that throw. Strange....

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense just leaves way too many guys wide open over and over … God we make every QB look like Joe Montana …

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a bomb. Lockett was wide open.