• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: W12: Seahawks vs WFT Thread... *MUST WIN*

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not wrong. Had DK open on a third down and had another wide open in the middle when Russ instead went for the HR ball. They're open he's just not seeing them or just wants that HR hit.
The play by play guy chimed in on that play saying that "that's as open as you get in the NFL". I guarantee the view from the pocket would say otherwise. They had 3 linebackers in front and a safety over the top that only split off after russell threw it to DK on the sideline. It's easy to sit upstairs and doodle a line to say how open a receiver was but to put a ball into that zone and not have it picked off would have been extremely tight.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The play by play guy chimed in on that play saying that "that's as open as you get in the NFL". I guarantee the view from the pocket would say otherwise. They had 3 linebackers in front and a safety over the top that only split off after russell threw it to DK on the sideline. It's easy to sit upstairs and doodle a line to say how open a receiver was but to put a ball into that zone and not have it picked off would have been extremely tight.
That's true and i'm trying to remember if he had a chance to step up out of the pocket.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true and i'm trying to remember if he had a chance to step up out of the pocket.
He stepped up and to the right, opposite direction of where he threw it. He was frazzled all game and he doesn't get a pass for that, but he was pretty much in scramble mode and threw it up for his playmaker. Not great, but not as egregious as they made it sound.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He stepped up and to the right, opposite direction of where he threw it. He was frazzled all game and he doesn't get a pass for that, but he was pretty much in scramble mode and threw it up for his playmaker. Not great, but not as egregious as they made it sound.
Sucks he didn't see him cause that could have been a huge play with the defenders back to him running opposite direction.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure if this is the play you are talking about... but in this case middle of the field looks pretty wide open to me...

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure if this is the play you are talking about... but in this case middle of the field looks pretty wide open to me...

Yes. The middle safety turned to help with DK as soon as Russ went to throw that way. Is there a video of it by chance? I could be remembering incorrectly

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. The middle safety turned to help with DK as soon as Russ went to throw that way. Is there a video of it by chance? I could be remembering incorrectly
only came across this. you could check it out on GP if ya have it but the coaches film feature is really jumpy

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bed properly shit in.

Heinike makes me think of Dave Krieg. Over achiever.

David Krieg was not an over achiever he was top 10 in every meaningful passing stat in the NFL when he retired. That's not an over achiever that's a criminally under rated player that everyone "ignored" or said was "over achieving". He NEVER got the respect he should have got. Krieg has better stats than a lot of QB's in the HoF including Aikman.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Krieg was not an over achiever he was top 10 in every meaningful passing stat in the NFL when he retired. That's not an over achiever that's a criminally under rated player that everyone "ignored" or said was "over achieving". He NEVER got the respect he should have got. Krieg has better stats than a lot of QB's in the HoF including Aikman.

Yep... typical East coast bias. Put Krieg with those stats in New York, Dallas, Green Bay, Chicago, Pittsburgh.... some big MidWest/East coast market and it'd be HOF easy....

The fact even Wilson has never gotten ONE vote for MVP is beyond stupid. Put Wilson in any of those aforementioned cities and he'd probably be a 2x MVP by now.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep... typical East coast bias. Put Krieg with those stats in New York, Dallas, Green Bay, Chicago, Pittsburgh.... some big MidWest/East coast market and it'd be HOF easy....

The fact even Wilson has never gotten ONE vote for MVP is beyond stupid. Put Wilson in any of those aforementioned cities and he'd probably be a 2x MVP by now.
The fact that Wilson lost the MVP to a QB that was completing LESS THAN 60% of his passes in "THIS ERA" is a joke.

"his passing stats fall somewhere between completely average and completely awful. His 58.4 completion percentage ranks 30th among quarterbacks. His 7.5 yards per attempt is lower than rookies Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston. His passer rating of 93.2 is 15th, behind Brian Hoyer and Josh McCown."

this is from 2015 when Cam Newton won the MVP. The Next Guy was Russell Wilson but they gave it to Cam and i still do not see why when Cam wasn't even the best player on his team that year. Cams Team had an outstanding year but it wasn't because of Cam.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The epitome of an overachiver.

Pretty sure I saw most every game he played. Brought game with limited skill set.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have to be kidding me about all but the Wee One.

He is MVP calibre, always has been.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty sure I saw most every game he played. Brought game with limited skill set.
He was a solid QB. You can't discredit his numbers cause you're a Hawks hater.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He threw the ball down field with the best of them, 70 yards no problem. He was smart and quick on his feet. The only thing they could knock him on was size ( 6 foot 1 )and hand size because every place else he stacked up with the best of them. Calling David Krieg and Overachiever is an insult to one of at the time of his retirement greatest QB's to play the game. He was good to great his whole career ( for the time ) and got to face some Great QB's and beat them a lot, Fouts and Elway were in the AFC West!

to be honest had he retired after the Hawks let him walk I think maybe more people talk better about him. When Krieg was Hot he was the greatest QB in the game, trouble is he would have 2 to 3 turds a season where he looked like the worst QB in the league.

Sure call him an overachiever I know it's not an insult it's just lack of information and knowledge that most non "Seahawks" fans do not care about. This is why he will never be in the HoF even though he was a top 10 all time QB when he retired and Aikman was like barely top 20. People are clueless and really just don't care. Popularity of "the player/the team" plays a bigger role than it should when in fact it shouldn't play a role at all only the numbers should.

I do not look at say Brady as an overachiever. Just because he was drafted in the 6th round doesn't mean he couldn't play good football. Late bloomer? sure.

Last edited: