• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

W-L record vs the tournament field

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fbkfuc.jpg

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where'd you get the info from?

I want to say I saw UC was 8-5 vs the field, but I can't remember if that is true or not.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where'd you get the info from?

I want to say I saw UC was 8-5 vs the field, but I can't remember if that is true or not.

It only includes the records from the top-4 seeds. A quick look at Cincy and 8 - 5 is what I came up with as well. 1 - 1 vs top 4 seeds (Louisville).

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, those stats are very close to having no meaning. A better stat would be who lost to whom in February and March. Again, great coaches don't worry about loses in December while getting their teams playing well....consider Rick Pitino as an example. Louisville had some very bad losses and now finds themselves considered as one of the best out there. Of course, not many Rick Pitino's out there. A team that loses to unranked teams in March is in big trouble and should not be at the top of any list.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It only includes the records from the top-4 seeds. A quick look at Cincy and 8 - 5 is what I came up with as well. 1 - 1 vs top 4 seeds (Louisville).

That is what I thought.

Thanks!

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, those stats are very close to having no meaning. A better stat would be who lost to whom in February and March. Again, great coaches don't worry about loses in December while getting their teams playing well....consider Rick Pitino as an example. Louisville had some very bad losses and now finds themselves considered as one of the best out there. Of course, not many Rick Pitino's out there. A team that loses to unranked teams in March is in big trouble and should not be at the top of any list.

Interesting... a Florida fan wants to convince us that what really matters is who you lose to in February and March. :)

So you want me to get excited over Louisville looking good against Rutgers and Houston... but worry about Zona losing a close game to #4 seed UCLA (unranked), for example?

That is absurd.

Take this stat for whatever its worth to you. Bottom line, to do well in the tourney you need to be able to beat tournament teams. This shows how teams have fared in that area.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If someone could find that stat that would be very helpful.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting... a Florida fan wants to convince us that what really matters is who you lose to in February and March. :)

Didn't say that's the only thing that matters.

So you want me to get excited over Louisville looking good against Rutgers and Houston... but worry about Zona losing a close game to #4 seed UCLA (unranked), for example?

That is absurd.

Arizona lost to both Oregon and UCLA in March and that's a problem for a team that you show stats that make it seem they are undoubtedly the best.

Take this stat for whatever its worth to you. Bottom line, to do well in the tourney you need to be able to beat tournament teams. This shows how teams have fared in that area.

I'm happy for you that you come up with stats that make your team look great. Those December wins will not help any team next week. The time for premature bragging is over and we shall see if Arizona is as good as you and DASSfan are figuring. I don't think they are; no size and no bench and a good team is going to run Arizona off the court. Sorry; that's my opinion and yes, I have been put off by the over the top arrogant, condescending remarks make by several Arizona fans and it's going to bite you all in the ass very soon.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy for you that you come up with stats that make your team look great. Those December wins will not help any team next week. The time for premature bragging is over and we shall see if Arizona is as good as you and DASSfan are figuring. I don't think they are; no size and no bench and a good team is going to run Arizona off the court. Sorry; that's my opinion and yes, I have been put off by the over the top arrogant, condescending remarks make by several Arizona fans and it's going to bite you all in the ass very soon.

god you're dumb. who are we UL Lafayette starting nobody over 6'7"?

for the record I made up the UL Lafayette part, i don't know if it's them but I know some high seed that doesn't have anyone tall. we must be just like them.

A FLORIDA fan saying Arizona has no size, hahahaha

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vs Top 4 Seeds, SU 2 - 2, 50%.
Vs Field, SU 7 - 3, 70%.

post-16805-So-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-YUXt.gif

I like this gif.:nod:

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
god you're dumb. who are we UL Lafayette starting nobody over 6'7"?

for the record I made up the UL Lafayette part, i don't know if it's them but I know some high seed that doesn't have anyone tall. we must be just like them.

A FLORIDA fan saying Arizona has no size, hahahaha

Actually, that would be Harvard! LOL:suds:

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vs Top 4 Seeds, SU 2 - 2, 50%.
Vs Field, SU 7 - 3, 70%.

post-16805-So-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-YUXt.gif

I like this gif.:nod:

Well played...and I agree...that gif is hilarious.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, that would be Harvard! LOL:suds:

gotcha. Let's be sure to let Runeman know.

All year Runeman talks about how he thinks Florida's lack of size inside will limit florida to being an EE team.

Now that lots of teams have lost he changes his tune and says that lack of size will limit Arizona. Cool story, bro

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For the record, this is a stat that interests me every year. Each year I make it a point to see how each team has done against the tournament field. The fact that Arizona has a good record against tourney teams this year is just gravy.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Get over yourself. Any stat that finds Arizona on top you will try to discredit no matter what.

hater+cat.jpg

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gordontrue, I'm glad you posted this to help me fill out my brackets and all. I'll be sure to curse these graphs when all the upsets start.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Cincy is 8-5 vs the tourney field.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least some of that info is incorrect.

A friend compiled this. I checked much of it and it looked good.

What do you see incorrect?

Badgers are 9-4 versus the tourney field. My hunch is that he missed Iowa because they are in First Four.

The nine wins are:
Florida
SLU
Virginia
Eastern Kentucky
Milwaukee
Iowa x2
Michigan
Michigan State