• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

VT CB jokes with Dr. Andrews after ACL surgery

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought some of you guys might get a chuckle out of this. Our top CB, Antone Exum, had ACL reconstructive surgery last month in Pensacola from a name you guys are probably familiar with, Dr. James Andrews of the Andrews institute. Exum forfeited free medical care from team doctors and his family flew him to the Andrew's Institute to see the best of the best. As you guys probably know.....Andrews is a pretty big Alabama fan. This led to Exum poking at Andrews a little before his anasthesia had worn off. http://blogs.roanoke.com/andyb...eon-the-needle/

"Virginia Tech’s All-ACC cornerback had surgery in Pensacola, Fla., on Feb. 5 to repair the ACL, lateral medial meniscus, and a bone fracture in his right knee, a significant injury he suffered playing pickup basketball the previous week.

It was done by famed orthopedist Dr. James Andrews, a Birmingham-based doctor who is a big Alabama fan and serves as a consultant to the Crimson Tide’s medical staff.

Exum, a rising senior whose ambitious goal is to return for the Hokies’ season opener against the Crimson Tide in Atlanta on Aug. 31, couldn’t help but engage in a little friendly smack talk, despite his condition.

“[Andrews] went up to my mom and was like, ‘He’s delirious in there. All he keeps saying is how he’s going to be back for Alabama and they’re going to beat Alabama,’ ” Exum said. “So I guess that was the first thing on my mind.”

Exum is a very good kid (although he totally enjoys a little good natured ribbing) and is one of the hardest workers I have ever seen in the orange and maroon. He tweeted this gem awhile back before his injury at 3:01 in the morning.....

1. Saban is probably up watching film. So I'm hitting the field to get some work in! #AUG31

He also mentioned the Bama game breifly in a rap song he posted recently on Youtube.....he gives some good commentary at the end on his rehab as well.

[YOUTUBE]H_Ms713HN-I[/YOUTUBE]

Oh well.....just thought some of you guys maybe interested in hearing about a potentially good comeback story from one of our players who is giving it everything he has to get back by August. 31st....and some good Dr. Andrews humor.

Roll Damn Hokies!

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol That's pretty good, I can't wait for the game. Having a good OOC to start the season makes the excitement leading up to the season that much better. He better be careful though, Andrews may have replaced his ACL with a wet spaghetti noodle.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol That's pretty good, I can't wait for the game. Having a good OOC to start the season makes the excitement leading up to the season that much better. He better be careful though, Andrews may have replaced his ACL with a wet spaghetti noodle.

Nah... he repaired it with Pubes and nut sack skin ...