• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: VT Basketball wk12: @Syracuse, vs FSU

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a week in which VT could have very well been 3-0, we come out 1-2. Every game was close so hopefully this week we can be on the right side of it. Two games this week.

2/3 VT @ Syracuse, 9:00pmEST (ESPNU)

2/7 VT vs Florida St, 3:00pmEST (check local TV listings)

The schedule is starting to come back around now as we face two opponents we've already played, both which were losses. We almost pulled the upset against the Orange a few weeks back. Cuse hasn't looked any better since then so its possible we might get the W this time, but since its at Syracuse, I have my doubts.
FSU is our better shot at a win, imo. Florida St is hovering around .500 overall and we get the game at home, where we always play better.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We're hanging with Cuse. Up 56-50 with 10 mins to go. Great gameplan by Buzz so far.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pierce and Henry both gone with 4 mins left in the game...up by 9

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fuck is wrong w our team? :doh::gaah:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have ESPNU and I didn't feel like digging up a stream so I skipped the game tonight. After reading the play by play game log, I'm glad I did skip it because I'd be so pissed right now. We gave that game away. It doesn't quite have the same effect reading it but I just imagine comically bad decision as a double digit lead gets pissed away. My guess is the only way you could give a game away any worse is if you're a football team and refuse to run Beast Mode on the 1 yard line. I know its year 1 and I didn't expect much of anything this year, but this team could have gone 4-0 over the last week if it weren't for this sloppy play. I'm thinking Buzz isn't in the best mood right now.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another loss today to FSU. The Noles can't hit jack from deep but for whatever reason, they always shoot well against us. To make matters worse, we couldn't buy a bucket for most of the game. Outside of Hill, most everyone struggled shooting, especially Bibbs. And I didn't think that was due to FSU's defensive pressure either. We had several good looks and just flat out missed. Chalk it up as one of those days where the shots aren't falling.

Also of note, they mentioned during the game that Will Johnston had surgery (can't remember what kind) and is out indefinitely.