• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech to the B1G is VERY in play

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea. They were in different conferences when VT was in the Big East before joining ACC in 2004. They have been in different conferences much longer than they were in the same one as Virginia

Yeah, I knew this, but some schools seem to be package deals. Just curious.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I knew this, but some schools seem to be package deals. Just curious.

I just wouldnt think they would have to be a package deal when they have only been in same conference for last 7 years out of over 100 years of football. I would think teams that have been in same conference for years and years or in same state would be package deals like OU/ Okie St.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah you guys (brasky) are great, IMO some of the greatest CFB fans there are. I just kinda feel that the culture @ VT is more southern than north eastern.

haha alright, just not the impression I got. You guys seem more knowledgeable and less hillbilly than them SECers

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
haha alright, just not the impression I got. You guys seem more knowledgeable and less hillbilly than them SECers

Eh thats just my feeling, others may feel different. Either way i would still love to be in the big10.

:focus: This is a scenario i just thought of based off of no facts or inside information: i wouldnt be surprised to see the ACC take (1) more Big East team, which would further cripple the BE and possibly force the hand of Notre Dame.

Last edited by a moderator:

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. I don't know. I just was really hoping to add FB power, but I realize there just isn't any out there to be added, Texas and Oklahoma aside. They were never coming to our conf.

I just know they are gonna add UCONN and rutgers. I want back into the SEC. I hate all this weak FB crap and power basketball mumbo jumbo. I want to play auburn and Tennessee every year.

Michigan and Ohio state? I'd love to play them and ND and Wisky. Iowa. Nebraska.

It would improve our game. But no, I get the same old stuff, but good news! We have great basketball!

But I don't like or care about basketball.......

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I care about basketball!

Heck, we'd probably be better in b-ball in the SEC or B1G just because the ACC is going to get a heck of a lot tougher with Cuse, Pitt, and most likely UConn. No way we make it past those schools plus Duke and UNC. The SEC, however, we could be in the top half just behind Kentucky, Tenn, and Florida (perhaps Vandy as well).

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Looking back at Tech's historical conference affiliations since 1965, it's interesting to note that Tech has been an independent longer than it's been associated with the Big East and ACC conferences combined:

1965-1972 Independent

1973-1977 Division I Independent

1978-1990 Division I-A Independent

1991-2003 Big East Conference

2004-20XX Atlantic Coast Conference

Just a side note, but I think we need to keep in mind that money and conference stability will be the driving factors in Tech's decision whether or not to move to a new conference, not where the best football and/or basketball is currently being played. Look at TCU...they thought they were going to join a stable Big East with a very good chance to earn an annual BCS berth, but that outfit appears to be breaking apart quicker than they can find new members.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
More realignment news:

Regents of Oklahoma Sooners, Texas Longhorns OK presidents to act on Pac-12 - ESPN

QUOTE:

The University of Oklahoma's board of regents and their counterparts at Texas granted their school presidents the authority to take action regarding conference realignment on Monday.

The moves clear the way for the Sooners and Longhorns to apply formally to the Pac-12, with whom they have been undergoing discussions in recent days on how to make the schools' addition to the conference work.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hahahahaha!!!

@McMurphyCBS Brett McMurphy
Multiple Big East sources said they have been told by WVU officials that WVU rejected by ACC & SEC

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wvu-fans-we-ll-bring-the-sheep-you-bring-the-beer-0c50e3.jpg

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still saying 55/45 we stay but I will be sooooo pissed if we do :L

The big first step for us, as odd as it seems, is for Texas and OU to go ahead and join the Pac officially. Until then, nothing can move forward.

so, as it stands you're at 55/45...if Texas and OU make it official...how will that change your odds?

:)

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The chance of them going west is pretty high, and that is taken into account on my "odds":...ha ha.....

ahhh gotcha...damn i was hoping that was going to swing it to 25/75 or something like that, lol

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Read this comment from Joe Paterno

"Things are changing and you're not really sure what's going to happen," Paterno
said. "I don't know where we're going to end up. There might be even some
speculation that Penn State maybe ought to get into something different, or we
ought to try to go out and get some people from the East to come into the Big Ten."

Paterno applauds Pitt's move to ACC

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahahaha!!!

@McMurphyCBS Brett McMurphy
Multiple Big East sources said they have been told by WVU officials that WVU rejected by ACC & SEC

I feel worst for LSU fans visiting WVU this weekend. Who do you think WVU fans are going to take their anger out on? :drink::brick:

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel worst for LSU fans visiting WVU this weekend. Who do you think WVU fans are going to take their anger out on? :drink::brick:

From what I have seen out of LSU so far this year, it won't matter.