• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech to the B1G is VERY in play

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard about this a day or so ago but wanted to get some confirmation before posting but over the past 72 hours the B1G and Virginia Tech have become a very realistic possibility.

More when I know more.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I heard about this a day or so ago but wanted to get some confirmation before posting but over the past 72 hours the B1G and Virginia Tech have become a very realistic possibility.

More when I know more.

Be great for the academic side of things and would love playing some of those big time match ups (tOSU, Mich, Penn st, etc), but travel will be a nightmare (compared to the ACC).

Any idea what other teams are involved?
UVA? Maryland? Pitt?

FWIW im pretty sure they would never consider WVU (academics) but that could really tie the conference together geographically, if VT makes the move.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All that's needed by the Big 11 is one more team to allow them to set up a conference championship game. I'm not sure they'll want to add any more than that.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
bigtenmap.gif

Blacksburg, morganhole, maryland, and pitt, would would make great additions IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that's needed by the Big 11 is one more team to allow them to set up a conference championship game. I'm not sure they'll want to add any more than that.

?

the B1G has 12 teams and will have a conference champ game this year in Indianapolis

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that he is inferring that they Have that so are not iterested in expanding further but I have it on VERY good authority, like as in inside a B1G athletic department, that 16 is there goal and has been since last offseason, it is just a matter of who and when.

The B1G is actually the first conference that looked at the 16 team option.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Easy to forget they were actually the BIG11 before brasky.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying this is a done deal or anything, just that VT is BIG on their radar.

This weekend, along with the Monday meetings in Norman and Austin are going to really start the ball rolling on a lot of this.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that he is inferring that they Have that so are not iterested in expanding further but I have it on VERY good authority, like as in inside a B1G athletic department, that 16 is there goal and has been since last offseason, it is just a matter of who and when.

The B1G is actually the first conference that looked at the 16 team option.

They are in no rush.... but will probably take solid teams if they come courting the possibility.

Easy to forget they were actually the BIG11 before brasky.

K...

It just threw me on how it was worded...

I would love VT as an addition... then 1 or 3 more quality teams... No idea who (other teams) would be... still think Missouri will be considered as they have good academics but their fan base is horrid as they do not travel.

:couch2:

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd love to go to the B1G. would be a great conference for us all around. the travel wouldn't be as bad as it might seem if they split the conference into east/west, though certainly worse than if we stayed in the acc.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hey 46(kinda OT for this thread), any insight on why most people consider WVU and Pitt to be a "package"? IMO Pitt would be very attractive to the ACC or BIG10 but if they really are a package, WVU may keep them anchored to the big east.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
i'd love to go to the B1G. would be a great conference for us all around. the travel wouldn't be as bad as it might seem if they split the conference into east/west, though certainly worse than if we stayed in the acc.

Do we want to be a legend or leader???

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey 46(kinda OT for this thread), any insight on why most people consider WVU and Pitt to be a "package"? IMO Pitt would be very attractive to the ACC or BIG10 but if they really are a package, WVU may keep them anchored to the big east.

I have heard both, ha.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh... not that we can do anything about it now... but they will do... LOL

no one will ever remember who is in legends who is in leaders since the names are so damn similar. should have done north/south, east/west, or lakes/plains.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@PeteThamelNYT Pete Thamel
BREAKING: Syracuse and Pittsburgh in talks with the ACC.

nyti.ms/oBLVQK

Yeah, just saw that on the main board. Very interesting. I have a feeling that the next 6 days are going to change the landscape of college football as we know it.