• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech - Club 216 Trash Talk Thread

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Seriously?? How old are you, really?

Why do you think boards highly value insider info as a counter-balance to the PUBLIC comments recruits make to recruiting services and media outlets? Some of these kids are playing a game and laugh their butts off with every new version they give out to the recruiting services.

Are you going to actually try to tell us that recruits have never lied to any of the recruiting services since the beginning of Rivals in 2001? Do you mean to tell us they have all told the truth about their favorite teams, the offers they've actually gotten, and the teams with whom they intend to sign an LOI?

I'd ask you to think carefully before you post such naive steaming bat guano, but in your case, I don't think that's even remotely possible.

Yes, some recruits do play games with schools and lead them on, but they are usually big time recruits. Osterloh has offers from JMU, VT and UVa. I wouldn't call him a huge recruit. From Osterloh's comments, he is genuinely looking for the best place for him to not only play football, but to also get a quality education that will set up a great life for him after football. You never hear those words come from big time recruits.

You sure do like to throw the personal attacks at me. What gives? Is it because Im a UVa fan?

You took that as a personal attack? Really?? You'll know if I get personal, believe me.

Stop whining and grow some thicker skin. Either that or go play on the whine and cheese board.

Ahh, gotta love the wine & cheese stereotype.

You are the one whining because you do not agree with what I brought to the board about Osterloh.

It's funny, you got upset with me a while back in another thread because I was using curse words, yet you have no problem hurling out personal attacks. I mean, it doesn't bother me, I just think it's a bit hypocritical for you to criticize someone for their language, and then you go and insult someone.

Come on fellas....do I need to make a trash talk thread for you two? This thread is supposed to be informational.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
download.png

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Man -- bwahahaha .. this is entertaining shit .. need more popcorn

Seriously jeffro -- you do need to grow thicker skin and you are whining .. I've learned that it's very easy to take "written" word and make assumptions about how someone would speak them, their gestures, etc. We're talking about recruiting. Anyone who takes this shit that seriously and personally needs to get a life. Like the bit o' chippiness from 247 on twitter yesterday. A little much but more understandable. They're making money on their site and want to protect that. I can dig that. You thought I was taking a personal attack on you the other day when you made the statement about Parker. Not so. Plus, you're a UVA fan on a VT board. Do you really expect us not to heckle you a little bit?? "Wine and cheese" = very appropriate

If someone is a prospect's neighbor and telling me something, I'll likely believe him/her. That being said, Matt should hope that he's not made to look like an idiot. Nothing is a guarantee in this game. If Matt were family, I might take it as gospel .. but neighbor? A loose term these days that means a lot less than it used to. Just saying that I wouldn't be making statements like "I know for a fact" .. The only one who really knows for a fact is Osterloh

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Man -- bwahahaha .. this is entertaining shit .. need more popcorn

If someone is a prospect's neighbor and telling me something, I'll likely believe him/her. That being said, Matt should hope that he's not made to look like an idiot. Nothing is a guarantee in this game. If Matt were family, I might take it as gospel .. but neighbor? A loose term these days that means a lot less than it used to. Just saying that I wouldn't be making statements like "I know for a fact" .. The only one who really knows for a fact is Osterloh
and ftr it doesnt even seem like he "knows" being as how he hasnt made a decision

but yeah sparko im with ya, this thread delivers.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I used to get Jeffro riled up back in the day on Disney. I think I have lost my touch in my old age.:popeye:

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
but i bet the sum total of uva's 5* lax/soccer/baseball/squash players > zillion .. i love spinning up jethro

what vt's 5* players do ...

tyrod-duke.gif

and CML (courtesy of TKP -- their photoshops kick arse):

9DcWt.jpg

UVa_fail_chart.png

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Groh was able to recruit a few top notch players because of his NFL connections. That really started to slip when he didn't produce. London has already had his "new coach" bump, but I anticipate some settling back down. They did OK last year, but it wasn't all that stellar. Auburn showed them the door, and that was without an offensive coordinator.

Last edited by a moderator:

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Facts dont lie. UVa has landed more 5 stars. Deny it all you want.
I didn't mean it literally jeffro .. I think you know that .. My points were that:

1. It doesn't matter .. UVA still does not produce. UVA hasn't in the past. It will not in the future

2. UVA is not a football school. It never will be. It's a "practically everything else" school. That's for sure. But it's not a football school.

3. 38-0 ... Bitch please

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't need a pre-law degree to go to law school. :burt: Also pre-law isn't really that hard. Never heard of an "Audio Engineering" degree...

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you just think thats because hes bayside? and VT doesnt even have a pre-law degree as far as i know. could be wrong. im sure uva does though. it makes ZERO sense why any recruit that could go to either uva or VT would choose uva if they want to be a great football player and be on a winning team. outside of OL, there is literally NOTHING that uva has on us. They are not even in our league. and their fans dont care about football.

Not everyone that plays college football has intentions of playing in the NFL, so they are looking out for their future. If they are interested in being a doctor, lawyer, etc., then of course UVa is the better choice for them over VT. If they are interested in architecture, engineering or science, then VT is the better choice over UVa.

UVa fans do care about football, just not to the extent as VT fans do. If the roles were flipped and UVa had the results that VT has put on the field the past decade, I can assure you that UVa would have no problem putting a top 10 team on the field yearly. Winning solves everything.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't ay that for being a doctor anymore.....

VT now has an MD program as well as a DO program. In addition, they lead for getting the funding for the first fully accredited public health school in the Commonwealth.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not everyone that plays college football has intentions of playing in the NFL, so they are looking out for their future. If they are interested in being a doctor, lawyer, etc., then of course UVa is the better choice for them over VT. If they are interested in architecture, engineering or science, then VT is the better choice over UVa.

UVa fans do care about football, just not to the extent as VT fans do. If the roles were flipped and UVa had the results that VT has put on the field the past decade, I can assure you that UVa would have no problem putting a top 10 team on the field yearly. Winning solves everything.

Like VTFF and I said earlier.... you don't need to go the "pre law" major route to become a lawyer. Most law schools don't care what you major in as long as you have a good GPA and LSAT score. He is no more likely to get into a good law school from graduating from UVA with a pre law degree as opposed to VT with an engineering degree. If it were me i would actually prefer getting a non pre-law major because it would set you up with a back up plan of sorts incase the law school route doesn't go as planned.

Last edited by a moderator: